• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-323.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

i have a nice Kiss with new alltek mpuboard. Everything works exept KISS flashers on backbox.
I have reflowed little board at leftside. TP5v also measures 5,2v.
No lights flashes.
Any help, thouts? Where else to look??

image.jpgimage.jpg image-323.jpgimage-323.jpg
#2 9 years ago

The ICs like to fail on those aux lamp boards.

The aux lamp board shares similar inputs as the normal lamp driver, but uses LAMP STROBE 2. If you can confirm lamp strobe 2 makes it to the aux board and the normal lamp driver board works, then you need to investigate the ICs. If NONE of the aux lamp board lamps function correctly, lamp strobe 2 is vaild, then i would venture to say it is the unique IC chip on the aux lamp board. If it is half of the aux lamp board lamps not working, then it is one of the two decoder ICs.

#3 9 years ago

All the lamps on the playfield works perfect, at the top of pf it has some flashers that also flashes. All lights on backbox is lit, exept KISS area, all lamps there dies not work.

How doo i check if the 3 ICs are dead on the board?

Does this board ONLY flash KISS on backboard and doo nothing else??

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Does this board ONLY flash KISS on backboard and doo nothing else??

I believe so. Wiring diagram page in manual will tell you.

To test the ICs on the lamp driver board you will need a logic probe and an understanding of how each chip is supposed to work.

If you want to stab at it, the unique IC is probably the bad one if all the lamps it controls is out or stuck on/off. I think it is a 4013 off the top of my head.

Andrew

#5 9 years ago

read yesterday and the way you wrote it made it seem like an ASIC, not a dual flip flop.

Quoted from DEN:

How doo i check if the 3 ICs are dead on the board?

so i would guess U1 replace first. If that chip died then no lamps, if u2 or u3 you would get 1/2 likely working or dead.

You could check voltage on U1 pin 7 gnd 14 plus dc. other pins you would need logic probe or maybe check with no power applied using diode function(may show internal short).

#6 9 years ago

Oh man thank you, this is great info. So when all flashers are dead, the problem is isolated down to u1 IC.
I'll replace that thanks

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Oh man thank you, this is great info. So when all flashers are dead, the problem is isolated down to u1 IC.
I'll replace that thanks

Assuming all the connector pins are good, the lamp strobe 2 signal pulses is correct, all the other feature lamps work correctly, than yes. I would replace u1. I have fixed bunches of these aux lamp driver boards, the ICs on them fail for whatever reason. Later on Bally changed the design of the aux lamp board, probably due to high failure rates i would imagine.

Andrew

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-does-not-flash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.