• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JBK
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KISS (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JBK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have never seen this issue. The information for the credit display shows in the player 1 and credit display. The problem persists with the original MPU and an Altek. I've also changed the driver from original to altek; problem still there. I've even moved displays around. Nothing that I know of has changed in the wiring harness. I really don't know how to even approach this diagnosis. Any ideas or anyone ever seen this. I thought I had seen everything with a early Bally, evidently not.

KISS (resized).JPGKISS (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Bump! Is this really a unique problem.

#5 7 years ago

I've owned this game for three years. I'm going to repin the connector J1 today. Since the problem is there with multiple MPUs it has to be in the connector. It had pinscore led displays and they went completely crazy, I replaced them with original displays and got the result in the picture. It's a Bally so I'll start with the connectors. Knowing how the display signals leave the MPU its hard to understand how this is even possible.

#7 7 years ago

^^^^^ Genius! This is one for the repair manuals. Unplugged the coin door and everything was normal. Plugged it back in, same problem. Inspected the start button only to find the stack was loose; the insulator had moved to the side and the switch was shorted. straightened the stack and tightened it up and it's back to normal. There are still tricks to the trade to be learned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JBK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-display-problem?tu=JBK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.