IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1358.jpg
IMG_1357.jpg
IMG_1355.jpg
IMG_1354.jpg
IMG_1350.jpg
IMG_1349.jpg
IMG_1348.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The Pinside community has been having more than a few issues with the VUK handing out STDM and play field filth from the rubber spinning disc. I as well was having issues like a lot of people here and decided to take a few pics of how I fixed both those problems. The VUK can have the power rating adjusted in the menu which has helped some. If you are still getting multiple STDM's from the spinning disc, then I would suggest loosening 6 screws and slightly wiggling/adjusting the Gene head assembly. See the pics for screws that need to be loosened to make adjustment. Tired of cleaning your location KISS from the rubber disk. Slap on a Polycarbinate laminate sticker and BOOM no more rubber dirt marks. When you have the Demon head up you might as well put a mylar strip down behind disk as that area is unprotected. If you start seeing red flakes on play field, that is your play field coming up from the mad abuse that area takes from Disc and ball rolling into Up Kick into Genes Lock area. Hope this helps some of you and let me know if you need more pics.

IMG_1348.jpgIMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpgIMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpgIMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1354.jpgIMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpgIMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpgIMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpgIMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpgIMG_1359.jpg

#5 8 years ago

gotta make em yourself, can't sell licensed product and since you do not see it, anything will work. FYI, I am not selling or using the KISS registered trade mark so Gene will not come pounding your door looking for his royalty.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Haha Understood completely.
Is there anywhere to buy a blank black sticker?

Gonna start producing some soon I will post on here when I get a batch in

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Thick clear Duck tape branded packing tape also works. Mine is holding up on location with thousands of plays after adding the tape.

SNAP! How is the return from the spinner? Weak or fairly the same?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

A little weaker, but I can't clean and wax the game everyday from the huge MESS from the spinning disc.

TRUUUUUUE THAT! I like ut better because the majority of the time I get a split second to give it a nudge for the STDM coming my way

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone selling anything for this yet?

I some extra Polycarbonite Laminate I can cut you a circle of just pm me

1 week later
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have over 200 plays and my spinning disk isn't creating any mess (unlike my TRON disk, which loves to markup the PF/balls).

I think stern corrected the disc rubber material. At the Cleveland show I got a close look at two different PRO models and one was black and marked up and the other had a rubber disc that felt different when I helped install the disc protection mod. lets hope they give us a star child fix kit now.....lol I won't hold my breath though.

2 years later
#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jv84venom:

Which part of the menu leads me to the upkick adjustment? Thank you, Joe

Either 8 or 9 can’t remember which one it is

87817CD2-8D54-42AF-B7FC-C5A902006381 (resized).jpeg87817CD2-8D54-42AF-B7FC-C5A902006381 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-vuk-spinning-disc-protection-mod?tu=capguntrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.