Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Scot0308
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

The demon shot recognizes the ball lock and always spits the ball back out right away, but when the target light or instrument is lit and I hit the shot, the demon head spits it out but doesn't give me credit for the shot, i.e. the lights stay lit and the demon spits out the ball. The manual says there is only one switch in the VUK. I don't understand how it's possible that the game registers the lock shot but not the other two lights when they are all use the same switch. It was working a couple days ago. Any ideas on this mystery?

#2 7 years ago

There are a pair of optos under the head right at Gene's mouth. Lift the playfield and you can see a pair of wires on each side of his mouth going through the playfield. Follow the wires and you'll see a connector. Pull it apart and put it back together. There is a Kiss on location that connector is flaky. Try that first.

Lower playfield and go into tests and switch edge test. Roll a ball up gently so it doesn't go back to the lock area. See if the optos are registering. If not, then you'll have to get to the optos to see what might be wrong.

#3 7 years ago

I have a friend who has had to replace those Optos twice.

#4 7 years ago

I disconnected and reconnected twice with no success. Is there a way to test the optos to determine if they need to be replaced? I also never even knew that there was a spinner under genes head. I've only had the game for a few weeks. When is that supposed to spin?

#5 7 years ago

Should be able to test the Optos in the switch test diagnostics.

#6 7 years ago

I found this thread. Page 9 someone had the exact same problem as me. I'll try his solution. Thanks for the replies. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3684764

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-shot-doesnt-register and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.