6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm working on a Kiss LE, and the demon head seems to correctly pass a locked ball from the VUK up into the head, but then it immediately releases it rather than holding it in the lock, and no lock is awarded.

There is currently one bad opto in the head. But, it is the third (furthest toward the back) opto, and it's stuck in the "no ball" state. I.e., the receiver always thinks it sees a beam. I would expect this to cause the first two balls to lock normally, then the third one to go undetected.

But maybe the machine is trying to outsmart me: perhaps when it doesn't see a descending series of switch hits 3-2-1 when the ball passes, it assumes a bad opto, and disables ball locking altogether? Unfortunately, we don't have a spare opto on hand, so I can't test this theory. (And anyone with a working game would need to unscrew one of their receivers and shine a bright light into it to simulate the situation.) Seems like a better failure mode would be to release the ball but count a virtual lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-head-not-awarding-locks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.