(Topic ID: 176698)

Kiss Code - Twas the night before Kissmass!

By Barakawins1

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Barakawins1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2635 (resized).PNG
IMG_1306 (resized).JPG
IMG_0230 (resized).PNG
IMG_0229 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
the only machine not stirring is the Kiss Pin, cause of Gary Stern, that louse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes more pinball goodies
would soon be there. But the Kiss pin would not even get a stare.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Kiss code danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down after discussing no more NIB
Stern purchases after the Kiss code collapse.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the game room I staggered, buzzed from
eggnog and incomplete Kiss code banter.

"Now, Creature now, Medieval! now, Centaur and Eight Ball!
On, AFM! on Tron! on, Monster Bash and Black Knight! Quickly all
machines turned on, without a glare, for the reason invisiglass
prices were fair! I looked to the left and then to the right. As I expected,
no Kiss code was in sight. But the Kiss pin, covered with dust and hand marks
gave me a fright!

I heard some chatter of a Kiss Code today. Merry Kissmass they said in hopes
of a release. I turned on the Kiss pin, which hasn't been touched. A box of shiny lights is
what appeared. So bright and shiny as if it was New Years. The version installed hasn't been
changed, I'm hopeful by tomorrow Stern can arrange.

So Gary, Gomez, Lyman and Lonnie... Make a Merry Christmas to all, please don't prevent Kissmass from coming!

Happy Holidays to all my fellow pinheads!

#2 2 years ago

Fingers Crossed

#3 2 years ago

Dear Santa,

Please bring my fellow New Jersian some Kiss code.

After all, he worked pretty hard to come up with the poem.

#4 2 years ago

Kiss code would be nice for the holidays!

#5 2 years ago

Shalom! Kiss code appear!

#6 2 years ago

It would be nice if they dropped it for Christmas.....great job on the poem!

Somehow I think Gary Stern is having a great Christmas with visions of dollars dancing in his head.....

Now what we need is the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future to pay a visit to Gary Stern.....

#7 2 years ago

I hope this is the best Merry Kissmass ever!

#8 2 years ago

As an Adult I have enough let downs at Christmas, don't need to think of another!!!

#9 2 years ago

Do you think we'll have Kiss code... this year?

IMG_0229 (resized).JPG

IMG_0230 (resized).PNG

#10 2 years ago

IMG_1306 (resized).JPG

#11 2 years ago

You heard the rumors correctly, but it's Christmas 2020.

#12 2 years ago

Hate to rain on the Kiss parade, but.......Baraka Loses 1. There will be no Merry Kissmass.

IMG_2635 (resized).PNG

#13 2 years ago

Father Christmas
Bring us some Kiss code
Code that silly BM66 in 2017....

Don't worry we have all of 2017 to hear all the BM66 owners to cry for code.....not wishing it on them but we all know history will repeat itself.

#14 2 years ago

Great poem lol but it looks no new code for anyone this holidays

#15 2 years ago

I mean they just fixed the ticket dispenser for GOT so they were obviously busy for awhile getting that corrected

#16 2 years ago

Stern doesn't care about making old things better, only their bottom line. Continual price increases, yet quality and doing what's right (getting their current machines up to speed code wise) appears to NOT be a priority. To me, completing code makes the machine whole. Traditionally, they have released many machines with sketchy code, but for the most part, big titles have been updated with good code (IE, SM, MET, AC/DC, TWD to name a few).

When you offer a Limited Edition model which is only potentially available to those that put money up right away, people have to jump in and they know it. Kiss sold very well at launch, so it appears to be old news right now.

And yes, I will be voting with my wallet like many of us on here. No NIB Sterns for me, their crap has soured me.

#17 2 years ago

No code........bummer. Stern only disappoints.......

#18 2 years ago

Hopefully on Kissmas day it will arrive!!! Lyman please make it happen.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No code........bummer. Stern only disappoints.......

My cousin (a KISS owner) and I were discussing the recent state of affairs over at Stern last night. Both of us do not understand why in the world it takes Stern so long to release code updates for their games. Stern's extremely slow release rate with code updates makes it seem like they are working on code for the first manned mission to Mars rather then a toy. He's noticed new bugs since the last update and says there's no excuse to let customers go 6+ months without fixing those quickly first and then releasing a more substantial update later.

The truth is likely what others have been saying for months, that Stern's programmers are rushed to the next project too quickly before they can properly complete their last game. Stern upper management seem to care little about the importance of deep and unique code.

#20 2 years ago

I've only played Kiss once or twice so I don't know what's wrong.

On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is The famous XMen Christmas code update and 10 is something great like Lotr or TWD where is Kiss?

Also what all is missing?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've only played Kiss once or twice so I don't know what's wrong.
On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is The famous XMen Christmas code update and 10 is something great like Lotr or TWD where is Kiss?
Also what all is missing?

What is missing you ask.....well the cities are just a novelty. You can pick a city but there is no advantage, reward, or points for any city. Several small bugs. You can change songs at the start of any ball. That's a bug. There are several other small bugs with the current code. Mostly minor issues that most don't notice.

The current code is not bad but the problem most have is that each song is basically a mode and it's really the same shots just in a different order to complete the song. There is no true skill shot.

The reality is Kiss has several multiballs but most people will never see them all. Unless you change the factory settings it is extremely difficult to reach Heavens on Fire, Kiss Army, or Rock City multiball. The balance to reach these is a little off.

There is a lot of changes code wise that could make Kiss a really good game...

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You can pick a city but there is no advantage, reward, or points for any city.

I hope they do add code around the Cities but I think this is a big red herring. Cities not doing anything doesn't mean the rest of the code sucks does it?

Quoted from Pickle:

Several small bugs.

I can agree on that. The bugs should be fixed.

Quoted from Pickle:

The current code is not bad but the problem most have is that each song is basically a mode and it's really the same shots just in a different order to complete the song.

That's not completely accurate...there is logic around the shots. Knowing how each mode operates does help you develop an approach to each mode. I think the modes could be improved a bit but there is good variety in the approach to each mode. Each mode feels different to me.

And if you do look at the modes as "same shots just in a different order" then how is KISS different than most other Stern games with modes? Just asking cause I'm not sure I see the difference.

Quoted from Pickle:

There is no true skill shot.

Actually, I think there is more skill in the KISS skill shot than many other more purposeful skill shots such as GB. Although GB gives you a bunch of options, it seems the skill shot has little skill. In KISS, knowing that a soft plunge can knock out one of the more harder shots in a mode is pretty cool. And it is freaking hard but so satisfying when you get the ball to drift slowly over that sweet spot at the top of the orbit.

Quoted from Pickle:

The reality is Kiss has several multiballs but most people will never see them all.

We can agree on that! Again, is this a bad thing? People act like KISS is easy and boring but it's very challenging to get through these "boring" modes. Unlike other games, there is very little "chopping wood" to get through the modes.

Last thing I would point out that a never see people comment on is the LED color changing, progressive value changing pop bumpers and the tie into the right orbit shot, and two different rows on the bonus grid. Has that game mechanic been done on any other pinball machine?

#23 2 years ago

Come on Lyman, please post something for the kiss fans. An update, code, somethin!!!

I posted Paul Stanley on my tree and Gary stern looking over from the left!!!

IMG_4634 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Leandro, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside