update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

For being the 'oldest and biggest', Stern doesnt always act like it. Not having more rigor around programming process/releases is amateur hour.
But again, shame on us for letting it happen over and over and over again.
To bad many of the 'I just want one pin for my mancave' buyers have NO idea the waters they are wading into when they make that decision. They'd think you were crazy if you explained to them that you have to choose the 'programmer' carefully because stern pins arent complete when you buy them (and if you choose 'poorly' it could be years (or never) that your pin will be 'complete').

It is amateur hour, but "shame on us" for letting what happen? The code works fine for many folks. For the folks that insist on more complete code, they should just stop whining. I use to be one of the whiners...then I realized that it's a waste of time/energy. If the code isn't good enough, sell the machine. I sold my STLE because I hated the code. Sure, they eventually updated/improved it, but it still wasn't for me. Stern isn't going to change...the company culture is what it is. I'd love to get an update, but I'm not stressing too much over it.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I just played one in the wild. The Gene head. Just absolutely awful. Perfect STDM every time. Must be factory settings. I messed with the settings on mine and now it just kind of pathetically dribbles down to the right flipper but seeing one in the wild going STDM over and over was just heartbreaking. I would much rather this awful physical problem be fixed before anything else.

Agreed (though I don't have this problem on my Premium). Even though it doesn't drain, the TRON-like spinner doesn't result in great gameplay. Maybe Stern or some 3rd party can figure out how to improve it without too much fuss. The TRON spinner mech kicks butt.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

For continually buying pins that ship without finalized code.
Their 'company culture' would change immediately if no pins were sold until the code was materially more playable than it usually is out of the gate...
(and yes, I know this would never happen)

There are plenty of people that wait. The business model of selling through distributors shelters Stern quite a bit. A title can be sold out and still have many units sitting at distributors.

For me, fun trumps completeness. The problem with KISS isn't completeness. The problem is the rules and dots are extremely mediocre. After 200 games, I'm bored and don't power it up. MET was an example of a fun game that was incomplete.

I still hopeful that an update will save the day...

2 weeks later
#414 8 years ago

Hey, the code is more interesting than the original 80's pin

I loved mine for a couple months. Fun shooting pin. Code is boring...dots are lame.

Hopefully the long wait means they are working hard to make it great.

My expectations are low, but you can always hope.

Still a fun game...not every game can be compelling.

1 month later
#475 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got a life. Meanwhile I been selling in the tech sector past 20 years and what would I know??

I know you "got a life" and don't know what you know. Glad you are confident what will become a "classic"!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.