Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So Lonnie games are usually not very inspired but ship basically code complete. What's actually missing from the kiss code? I think it's valid to expect updates to complete incomplete games. I don't think you should expect updates for games that are complete but feel uninspired to you. For all you know, this is how it was designed to be and not all games are hits.

Well for starters, no switches from the drops to the out hole have any sound associated to them.

#12 4 years ago

Deep code doesn't sell games to me. As long as it's fun and has clear goals that's fine. I have deep games. I do expect a complete package though, and sound on every switch is a must imo.

#15 4 years ago

Good points skb. If memory serves me, I remember Lyman coming on later with TRON? Like he took it over from someone else or something like that? What a great game that turned out to be! Lonnie frustrates me but KISS was a must buy for me. Oh well, fingers crossed lol!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The music is okay, but who the hell put "Deuce" in there and what the fk does it mean in that context? "You know your man is workin' hard--he's worth a deuce."

It's kind of an inside joke, only the cool kids get it Tell you what, since I saw you asked this same question before, here goes. Back in the early days of the band they predominantly wrote songs about drinking and shagging. I'm pretty sure Deuce is about the latter. Maybe give it a bit more thought and connect some dots. Two things are better than one thing, or twice is better than once? Crap even when I was ten I figured that's what it was about lol!

Heres another one. What do you think the song "Nothin' to Lose" is about?

Oh yeah I forgot. Deuce rocks on this pin!,

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

From the song's wiki:
Gene Simmons stated in reference to the song: "Lyrically, I had no idea what I was talking about. Sometimes stuff means a lot, sometimes it means nothing."
While I personally like the tune, I don't think it's as deep as you're giving it credit for. I mean, Gene doesn't even know what it's about lol.

Or he's too shy to say lol

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Gene is too shy... That's an attribute often attributed to Gene... How shy he is.....

Geezus did I really have to type (sarcasm) there?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Is there anything tied to selecting a city at the start along with the song?
If there is, I apologize.

Nothing yet as far as I've noticed. Just the callout from Gene.

#122 4 years ago

Mine has never shot SDTM from Gene's head, but it did have a bitch of a time with the VUK to load his head up until the last code update. Something I've noticed the odd time is that although it predominantly fires at the left flipper tip, sometimes it fires at the right flipper. I haven't taken the mech apart to inspect how it works, but is it possible it can be a random firing unit??

#125 4 years ago

Does the ball actually touch the tongue sculpt? If so maybe try a different Gene head. At sterns expense of course.

1 week later
#157 4 years ago

GOT just got a sweet update. Here's hoping KISS gets a Christmas update too, or I'll be all like................

ropp_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#323 4 years ago

The Gene eject problem seems random, only happening on certain games. Mine and others works well on factory settings. It spits out from the head very fast, and right to the tip of the left flipper. I'm sure the issue with some games, like Joe's, is purely mechanical, and could probably be tweaked with a slight bend to the right wall, (when facing the backglass), of the eject chute with a pair of needle nose pliers. The Gene head will likely have to come off to try this idea. I'm only assuming this will work of course, but it seems logical to me.

2 months later
#465 4 years ago

I don't know about most people here, but I get the sense from some that "tough" shots in pinball are a bad thing. Shooting up through four pop bumpers is a hard shot on any pinball, that's why the shot is there. It's the same difficulty as TRON's right orbit shot, and nobody complains about that . Personally, when I hit a shot that's hard to make, I get a great feeling of accomplishment. That's what makes pinball "fun" to me, and not boring. To each their own I guess, but if you find certain shots hard to make, try flattening out your pitch and try again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.50
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside