update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I havent turned my kiss on in weeks, waiting for code. I love the shots and layout, just needs code bad.

I haven't neither, the dmd stays frozen and waiting for a fix. I am hoping for new code by the time it gets fixed, its gotten stale for me as well.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not all the code transferred to the SD card is my guess

stern sent me sd card. not the fix. ill keep you posted just to document and maybe help somebody else, waiting for stern to get back to me. thanks

1 week later
#127 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern sent me sd card. not the fix. ill keep you posted just to document and maybe help somebody else, waiting for stern to get back to me. thanks

hello to all and anxiously awaiting kiss code update. my le is finally fixed. it was the cpu. the new one i received is the same part number as the original and no revision. i cant believe this board drives the entire game. i hope somebody will make replacement boards someday i dont see these lasting very long. image.jpgimage.jpg

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd first try and adjust power as described in the above post. If that doesn't work you may want to try what I did. I slightly bent the guide in the picture to the left. So far it has worked like a charm. Don't go in and bend it hella hard but try to get it in a bit like seen in picture.
image.jpeg

dr pinball using the curved mayo scissors. glad mine worked when i lowered the lockup power to 22.

#152 8 years ago

btw I also set the lock at 22 because I did not like the ball shooting out and not landing on the mylar. I cant imagine the playfield taking such a beating. so yeah it doesn't shoot out very fast from the gene head but it also lands on the mylar. was playing it today and I installed my le pinblades, man it really looks sweet. the colors really pop with the pinblades flaming art.

#189 8 years ago

we got scrooged!!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

I have had this game since the day it Arrived in Australia. The only code update since I got it is for the topper control. The topper is still not in the country. Game is featureless and boring. Has not been switched on in over a month. Got played a bit when I got it and in around 50 games the playfield was filthy from the rubber on the spinner. Genes head eject is too random, SDTM out of the box, adjusted the angle a bit, was perfect for a while then SDTM again. Very frustrating and very disappointing for a HU game. Way too long on a developed code, this game has a BETA code at best, just testing the shots. I do remember how disappointed I was when I got Metallica out of the box also, and it has grown into what is one of my favorites. Hope Kiss will be similar. There are lights on the playfield that are still not used and I can't find any significance to selecting the city at the start. Stern Surprise me, I will be doing a minor strip of the playfield over the Christmas break to clean it so it looks like a new game when a decent code is released. If next code is as boring as this one, I will have an LE for sale.

stern read this^^^^ we need code asap!!!!

#261 8 years ago

just fn ridiculous. i just played a game and shut it the f off. cant take it anymore!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#308 8 years ago

...............crickets.................
jeeze this code wait is very annoying.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Very important point. I would not buy any new stern on theme alone until the code is complete unless Lyman was doing the code.

live and learn, my next nib heighway alien le. gonna take a different route. gonna also by a couple more used pins.
kiss le looks great, that i agree especially with pinblades installed. hopefully the new code makes it a homerun.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

For being the 'oldest and biggest', Stern doesnt always act like it. Not having more rigor around programming process/releases is amateur hour.
But again, shame on us for letting it happen over and over and over again.
To bad many of the 'I just want one pin for my mancave' buyers have NO idea the waters they are wading into when they make that decision. They'd think you were crazy if you explained to them that you have to choose the 'programmer' carefully because stern pins arent complete when you buy them (and if you choose 'poorly' it could be years (or never) that your pin will be 'complete').

my first pin was a tron le. i never new about pinball code. i played with original code for years. i only learned about pinball code when i joined pinside.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

No time frame given, but Stern's FB page said tonight that Kiss code is coming... Fingers crossed.

update_(resized).jpg

we all know its coming but when? this delay is ridiculous!!!

1 week later
#385 8 years ago

stern where is the code???

#388 8 years ago

top men? well are they on vacation? I am sure when we get it soon its gonna be good!

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Fuck the code wait; I want a premium and I want it now

trust me, you will tire of current code real fast. besides pinblades i have refused to add one mod to it until i get new code. i usually mod the crap outa my new pins within a few weeks.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe I'm terrible at pinball, but I play mine everyday without getting bored of it. I agree however that it does need a code update.

good. enjoy it. but when you have many better pins and this is in the mix it doesnt get played as much.
beautiful pin but needs code stat.

1 month later
#421 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hearing March 9 for miss code. Ghostbusters reveal on the 10th

yeah make us happy so we can order gb!

2 weeks later
#440 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I also heard the rumor that the new code was already out and it was so bad they had to start over aaaaaand stern eats pinballs and poops rainbows.......I actually think the last one is more feasible.

fact is 9 months and kiss owners left wondering wtf is the code. just ridiculous!!!

2 months later
#517 7 years ago

The topper is great and very interactive. Its way too bright though and needs the yellow filter. I got the topper and the filter on mine and dont regret the purchase.

#541 7 years ago

stern is really screwing their customers with the code. kiss pin shipped with beta code, the update to me was just ok and now it seems its on the backburner again. crazy how they get away with this crap. my last pin purchases:
space shuttle, cue ball wizard, space station, black knight. trying to buy some classic pins and stay away from the new stuff. I have a gb le on order and paid for. I am really not anxious to receive it neither, I have barely watched gameplay video of le/premium.
the whole code situation really sucks, to me this is a big complaint along with the quality issues.

2 weeks later
#545 7 years ago

I am happy with the tz I got 2 weeks ago. live and learn!

#547 7 years ago

hope it works out keep us posted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good?tu=robotron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.