Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If Lyman, Dwight, or Mr Ritchie aren't apart of the code; I wouldn't expect more than a dozen lines of changes in the upcoming update. I lived this headache when I decided to buy TFLE, Avengers & STLE instead of TRON, ACDC, & MET. Luckily, Dwight Sullivan was brought on board to work with Steve Ritchie and save STLE.
But my first real big pin purchase was TFLE, it was goin to be sterns most expensive pin to date. I thought for sure they'd support it with a passion considering $ amount, plus the theme was a top notch winner. What happened? I sat there playing my TFLE with practically the same code it had since release and just sat there watching update after update after update after update roll in with acdc. Lines and lines of code and changes for acdc. Then, TFLE update comes in and it's like 8 lines of code adding super pops and super spinner but nothing addressing any of the issues we owners wanted. We raised hell; meanwhile acdc got more updates. Then we were finally promised a XMAS POWERPACK! Woo hoo! ....and then 3 mos AFTER Xmas they finally dropped an update with 4 or 5 lines of code. Too little too late.
Then theres Avengers; and the hulk! It would be their most expensive LE released to that date. For certain they would not let another TFLE disaster happen, and this is gomez's final pin, for sure he'd want to go out on a bang and support this pin, right? Nope again. How's that Thor flasher bug going stern? Lol
Bottom line; learn the team that is developing a pin you want. And after that research is done, it's still best to wait until you see the code is at a satisfactory point for your desire. And If it's a pin you must have early, then research and find if it'll have the team that did TFLE, xmen, Avengers, ST (before Dwight), KISS; if so, you may want to wait. Also, it's always always best to wait even if it is Lyman - if a pin is good, and coded good, it'll sell. And sales = production. TWD is a prime example; it was a turd out of the gates but Lyman was on it so people didn't worry - then Lyman got yanked and the game was abandoned. Then, Lyman literally locked himself in his basement for months so that sterns injustice to our community could be reconciled, and today - TWD is amazing, sought after, and going back into production because of LYMAN!

Good points all. I'd be sorely disappointed if Kiss doesn't receive the same kind of attention as other Stern offerings, but time will tell. It's tough to accept the bitter truth that certain games may be abandoned vs. having faith in the same fluff from the Stern PR team.

If Stern wants to regain credibility with some of their titles, they need to perform. Money talks and bullshit walks. How they treat Kiss 100% affects my next game purchase.

#45 3 years ago

Kiss is a mediocre band that marketed themselves phenomenally due to superior showmanship. The music is shallow yet flashy and enjoyable. It's junk food.

To me, the current layout reflects that. Tons of flow, some easy shots, some difficult shots... lots of potential. Like the OP is saying, there's just no incentive right now to make shots other than the 2 multiballs.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not true. Right ramp for instruments has plenty of incentive - extra ball and kiss army. That's how you get scores north of 150 million. The scoop shot is important, and of course modes and multiball jackpots move around making every shot worth going for at points.
Not the deepest game but the code suits the layout fine. I'm ok with it now and I'm sure well see a pretty big update in the future.

I guess I'm more of a mode based player vs playing for scores or jackpots (which is how Kiss is implemented now). I think TFTC or Tron are great examples of games I enjoy for their modes.

There are a few ways to play Kiss, but I guess it's just missing some mode-based elements to tie everything together.

The game may get there or not, but the layout & art are great so I'm patient with it.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

shame strutter isn't on there tho

image.jpeg

#97 3 years ago

I'm waiting for the infamous Christmas code update to mess around with the songs again.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Once the new code drops I am counting on you or Jints for some good song choices ; )

image.jpeg

#130 3 years ago

I've had maybe a dozen SDTM shots from Gene after 6 months of ownership. No tweaking out of the box, so I guess I'm lucky.

#149 3 years ago

I've been checking their Facebook page fairly regularly for any updates. They posted some Kiss Christmas Gift ideas and gave the usual 'Stay tuned.' If new code isn't released before Christmas I'll be disappointed.

#170 3 years ago

I don't see it happening today, unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It's definitely disappointing, but all signs are pointing to a massive update soon.

1 week later
#247 3 years ago

Looks like today won't be the day. Oh well, still a fun game and hopefully good things are on the horizon.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Looking to buy a Premium! Anyone want to sell?? Honestly I don't think they will fix the code. I am buying the machine for a deaf, dumb, blind kid........Who doesn't care about code.

Billy doesn't care about code either.

image_(resized).jpg

#281 3 years ago

I think we've gotten away from the OP's original point... What's good in the current code?

To me, it's not an unplayable mess (i.e. XM's original code issues). Kiss right now is more akin to an early SS game where the goal is multipliers, jackpots, extra ball, etc. No real cohesion, which IMO is the biggest thing missing. There's nothing to tie the game together.

I'd like to see the cities incorporated, I'd like to see more fleshed out modes, I'd like another attainable multiball or two, and the list goes on.

The code right now is mediocre, which is okay for an early game, but I think we're long overdue for a quality update.

#305 3 years ago

Henry, pm sent on something that may tide you over.

2 weeks later
#397 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sure would be nice to have a 2 ball multi-ball that could be stacked with the other multi-balls. Perhaps a left loop to scoop shot bonus like end of line on TRON could be called a deuce bonus (or have it light back stage pass if not already lit). That shot combo is quick and hard but fun to hit. If the cities wont be integrated then maybe do away with them. Anyone have an idea on how to integrate the cities?

Maybe decrease the number of cities and provide custom DMD animations for each venue. City specific multipliers or jackpots.

The possibilities are endless, but I think there are too many cities now. Cut back and provide depth.

1 month later
#436 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-kiss-code-post-your-code-here

Looks like new code may be a while. Enjoy some new tunes!

#444 3 years ago

image_(resized).png

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got a life. Rather be a newbie then a hipster lol.

image_(resized).jpeg

2 months later
#520 2 years ago

I have the topper as well. Took me a while to bite the bullet due to the price tag, but man it's awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,600 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Marshville, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 21.00
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Regina, SK
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside