update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 8 years ago

But Derek I thought Stern knocked it out of the park with Kiss?

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Me too..... Just think how cool it would be if Lonnies been busting his tail the last few months totally overhauling this game, like 2 pages worth of core code & 3 pages of game code improvements and right now he's scrambling to get the final line of code just perfect before he releases what's considered to be unquestionably the greatest, most extensive, heart pounding, earth shattering pinball code update Stern has ever released..... just in time for Christmas

....unfortunately and then you woke up

#168 8 years ago

Or how about the Cities "that don't do jack squat!"

Chris-Farley-as-Matt-Foley-YahooVid-Screenshot_(resized).jpgChris-Farley-as-Matt-Foley-YahooVid-Screenshot_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#275 8 years ago

I agree reaching out to Gene Simmons on his Facebook page may rattle some chains.
However I've looked at his page several times over the past 24 hours and I don't see anyone's complaint about the game code. It's obviously going to an alternative page where users can post comments to his page, although they are hidden. All I'm seeing are posts from him (or whomever managers his Facebook page). If you want the post to be more seen....write it in the comment of one of his posts.

Also I believe your Post on Facebook should be more direct about what is not working. I say this because people that are not into pinball like we are, IE: Gene Simmons, probably think the game plays fine as it is. You should be more direct about the features that aren't working so that Gene/Paul, etc. can play their KISS Pinball and see what you are talking about.
Guys have you noticed the following features on your KISS Pinball do not ever work in game play?
Here are some glaring examples:
- 3x Bonus and Colossal Bonus
- Large Inserts of Band Members
- Choosing a City at the beginning of game play does absolutely nothing

I personally wish Stern would quit spending 6+ months to make a grand slam of an update. This in turn pisses off your die hard customers that are prone to pre-ordering your pinballs. Wanna make the pinball community happy? Have regular smaller updates. I would be just as happy with a base hit on a regular basis than waiting 6 months for a Grand Slam update.

All in all I believe this directly effects sales. I'm sure they have noticed that once the community boosts about big updates and how the game seems more complete that there is a resurgence in new game sales for that title. Metallica was put back on the line several times after the code was fleshed out. Why? Because it's hard to complain about a game when code makes it become bad ass. That being said....finish the code Stern, and watch your sales of KISS increase considerably.

1 week later
#357 8 years ago

It sucks that since the code isn't done the only thing we can do at this point to make the game more entertaining is change the music that it came preloaded with.

As far as to why they chose to use the music on the Bonus Disc that came with Sonic Boom. The reason is simple, since Peter Chris and Ace Frehley are no longer in the band. Paul & Gene didn't have to pay them any royalties on music on the old classics if they are using the new music recorded with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Gene called me today and said the code should drop tomorrow.

Who the hell is Gene?

We also were hoping for code to drop by:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years

Insert next holiday __________ (here)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassellcastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good?tu=hassellcastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.