update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 8 years ago

My two cents is this. The biggest glaring miss is the choice of the cities does absolutely nothing. There had to be a vision when this was figured in the release code. I'll wait until this next code is released and assess then. I'm currently leaning to cutting my loses. The game is playable and it does have a good start, but jumping on it after Metallica is a reality check.

To the topic of Lyman and Dwight. If we see it, Stern has to see it too. Why they wouldnt put Lyman in a more global role over all game development is beyond me. Seems just too logical not to do.

Alan

3 weeks later
#241 8 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The music is not original recordings, so it is garbage. The new lyrics to Deuce suck...

I agree. Pin browser is your friend. I have all live tracks from alive and alive II in the game. Makes a huge difference to me. God of Thunder for Demon MB, Fire House for HTH, Cold gin for Black Diamond, Strutter for Deuce, Duece for Lick it up, and Shock me for Love it Loud.

Now on the code update, who knows. It's funny being the last day of the year people are now saying Jan. Time to just tune it out. The new songs will hold me over for awhile but once that shine is off and no code; the game will go. This coming from a huge KISS fan up to about 1980..

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

How did you do this?? I would love to put the original versions of these songs in the pin. You an replace songs????</blockquote

Still working on the splices but I don't mind the abrupt breaks to get the songs the right lengths. When you have all the sounds going you don't always hear it. It is far better than the re recordings. It's all the pin browser and I am far from computer savvy. I downloaded live tracks from iTunes, converted to MP3 and manipulated with audacity. Pretty easy when you get the hang of it. The three that I'm really digging is GoT for Demon MB, Firehouse does well with the HTH graphics, and since ther really isn't a good upbeat P Criss song, I did Cold Gin for Black Diamond. Black Diamond and Love it Loud are your longest tracks so Cold Gin and Shock me went there. I really would like to get Shock me in what is now the Duece mode since there are spaceman clips but there is no clean break. I have also noticed with live tracks there is a lot more room for error so you don't have to be perfect. You can expand or shrink up to about 5 sec. to where it doesn't noticably impact the sound. It was 20 bucks for the pin browser donation to be able to export in clips loner than 10 sec and maybe 15 bucks in songs..

Alan

1 week later
#341 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Change the music. Black Diamond is a mood killer. They are using the remakes from the 2009 Sonic Boom xtra disc. Replace Black Diamond with Do You Love me and why oh why doesnt Demon multiball play God of Thunder??

BD was a buzzkill, especially the version used. The benefit of its space and Love it Loud is they both have over 4 min song times. I put Shock me in Love it loud. The problem I had was I didn't like shock me with Gene anamations. The only Spaceman animations were in Deuce. So I shorten Shock me and placed it there. Then it kinda snowballed because most KiSS songs are between 3 minutes and 3 minutes and 45 sec. RnR all Nite live was 4 mins so I stretched it to BD spot at 4:18 sec with speed and crowd noise. It's not perfect but I can live with it. Cold gin was another song that was really long in the live version so that became Love it Loud. RnR all nite on the game is the shortest song length at 2:48 so I used Strutter there. Since Deuce was changed to Shock me I wanted it back in the game it was put in Lick it up. It's a Gene song and the animations and tounge graphic fit. I then changed HtH to Firehouse which also works well with the current graphics. The last change that absolutely needed to be done was God of Thunder for Demon MB. The rest of the songs stayed the same but were swapped for live versions and it makes the game so much more appealing to me. Files are saved off to edit new code when and if it ever happens.

#347 8 years ago

Your only changing songs in the code. If you save off a file prior to manipulation, you change it back with a USB stick. Pickle I sent you a PM. Strutter does need to be there. I'm torn on tracks like tomorrow and tonight, she, I stole your love, ladies room, larger than life and rocket ride. The problem is I don't know what to drop out to get them in. At this point Shout it out loud is the weakest link but Deuce could also but they are as much of original KISS as any of the tracks I want to add.

#360 8 years ago

With everyone tinkering on songs, is there a way to expand the number of letters for each song description. Some of them only have like 8 letters and I need more character for the replaced songs..

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Can anyone help with this? I'm running into the same problem. I'm one lousy character short!

I am as well. There seems to be a spot to select this but it is greyed out. Not a big deal but if it can be changed. I too have tried to play with the volume with little success. Looks like I have some time to kill waiting for the next update.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I saw a post by Olivier in the PB Browser thread that the Spike platform can't handle adding letters.....new code is coming, will wait for that before I do my replacements then.

Quoted from volkdrive:

I saw a post by Olivier in the PB Browser thread that the Spike platform can't handle adding letters.....new code is coming, will wait for that before I do my replacements then.

Thanks..

1 week later
#404 8 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

AEROSMITH ?? REALLY ?

Especially when Steven Tyler is focused on Nashville. I'm with ya and really like Aerosmith. Iron Maiden should be next.

1 month later
#450 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

What's Deuce mode? Can you explain how to achieve it, thx

I'm guessing next track was lit when you went in the scoop. You selected Duece as the next song to play.

2 months later
#539 7 years ago

Kiss fan here and used to own a pro. It's now been just over a month I packed mine up to ship out and played for the last time. I don't miss it. I have a small 5 game collection which is currently at 4. I did play the newest update and enjoyed the added rewards for completing songs, the adjustability on how to play the instruments, and the reward for completing the grid twice (HOF MB). It took a lot of the "chopping wood" feel and gave you smaller goals to achieve as you progress through to Kiss army and Rock City. While the multipliers add strategy; the game still felt to me much more linear in its progression than say ST or TWD (the game that replaced KISS).

I really wanted this game to be special as KiSS was a large part of my adolescence in the last 70s. On the flip side the games I prefer (ST and TWD) couldnt be more unappealing in theme. Kiss isn't an awful game. There are just games I like More so it was time to leave.

YMMV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good?tu=duff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.