Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 4 years ago

Some body just get a hold of Gene and let him know customers are not happy because of a lack of updates on KISS pin. Or better yet let Gene know that his wizard mode has not been finished and is not a part of the game yet and his fans are getting mad, betcha he will give Gary a call and ask whats up?

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's pretty unfair to call Lonnie lazy. There was a time when it was only him and Borg kept the lights on at Stern.
I think the better question is why doesn't Stern give their coders enough time and/or resources to program? Because when we say "only buy Lyman games" it's not just that's he's a smart guy that writes good code (both true) but that he goes above and beyond to make his games polished. Which is great. But maybe Stern should just figure out how to give their guys the resource they need to not have to work at home or whatever.
I'm speculating here, because obviously I don't work at Stern. But I just think it's not fair to throw Lonnie under the bus like that.

Totally agree. IMO I think Lonnie needs more resources to utilize over at Stern. For instance it almost feels like he is using older hardware to create updated code, that or he finally put his foot down and said "back off let me finish the next update so it is not buggy and half done."

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I haven't neither, the dmd stays frozen and waiting for a fix. I am hoping for new code by the time it gets fixed, its gotten stale for me as well.

Frozen dmd is not a code thing, you either have a bad upload of code from usb drive, messed up sd card or hardware issue. I have played extensively with current and previous code with no issues. Check the above mentioned trouble shooting tips to resolve your KISSUE.

1 week later
#140 4 years ago

I have helped plenty of guys resolve their STDM issues from demon head. If anyone sells their game because of this issue or uses this excuse not to buy the pin, then there is another reason why they don't want to buy it. The kissue can be fixed one way or another and is not a permanent interruption. Anyone who can not fix it on their own is welcome to pm me and I will be glad to call them and walk them through the many fixes I have documented to correct the issue.

1 week later
#267 4 years ago

HA HA! Whoever manages Gene Simmons page on Facebook seems to be aware of the code issue. Betcha if every inside member sent Gene a message about it, he would give Gary a call. Gene is all about the profit and if his fans are not happy his wallet gets lighter.

#272 4 years ago

Just cut and paste what I wrote or Barakawins1 wrote, or even write up something yourself guys, see link below to his page

https://www.facebook.com/officialgenesimmons/?fref=ts

"Hey Gene could you please give the guys at STERN a call about your new pinball machine. KISS fans are getting very upset that they have not released the new game code for the pinball yet. It has been over 8 months and people are starting to dump the new KISS machine because Stern looks like they have abandoned it."

Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png

#276 4 years ago

I also went to his site http://www.genesimmons.com/letters/ and sent him an email. I did include a few details that will leave him asking questions, but hey I am only one guy here, I need the ret of the KISS Army to lend a hand too.

#295 4 years ago

Just sayin

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png

#300 4 years ago

SOOOOOOO I was talking to my good buddy Oliver Queen AKA Stephen Amell who has a Kiss pinball and he had this to say.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I thought someone around here received the new code?

If you mean a buggy beta code that was garbage.......some body might have, Developers sometimes get reeeeeeeal butt hurt when you tell them their work is crap, even when you do it in the most politically correct way possible and add side notes for improvement, they think at that point a tester should have just done all the programing themselves. So I have heard.

1 week later
#358 4 years ago

Game OF Thrones got another code update, but there are complaints about it already. I guess Stern is trying to figure out a code fix for the saucer eject issue but can not figure out a fix using code. I wonder what a poll would like if it were to ask if Kiss owners feel like their pin was abandoned?

1 week later
#389 4 years ago

49622656_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#417 4 years ago

They only updated the undercab light show!

IMG_3177_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#424 4 years ago

Gene Simmons had a pic with Stern at some convention on Stern's Facebook page and I commented "Did Gene ask why the Kiss code has not been updated or why all the features do not function in his machine?" and some the Stern admin nazi for Facebook banned me. LMFAO! I guess they do not want other people knowing their machine sucks right now, or as Gene would say it "YOU SUCK!"

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is they started coding 8 weeks ago. It's apparent, kiss code has not been a priority

I also heard the rumor that the new code was already out and it was so bad they had to start over aaaaaand stern eats pinballs and poops rainbows.......I actually think the last one is more feasible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capguntrooper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside