update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 8 years ago

AEROSMITH ?? REALLY ?

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

top men? well are they on vacation? I am sure when we get it soon its gonna be good!

Lol, yeah really. The last real update was August of last year, oh wait Stern did add an update in September but only for their $400 aftermarket topper...How can nearly 6 months go by without a proper update? Owners deserve an update and deserved one months ago.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Not much in the info screens either.
Not much info to enter I guess.
No call out when you hit the flipper buttons in attract mode either.
I like pressing buttons.

Sound effect for left and right drain would be nice as well.

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

AEROSMITH ?? REALLY ?

Especially when Steven Tyler is focused on Nashville. I'm with ya and really like Aerosmith. Iron Maiden should be next.

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Especially when Steven Tyler is focused on Nashville. I'm with ya and really like Aerosmith. Iron Maiden should be next.

Plus 100 for Maiden. Aerosmith is not very relevant.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sound effect for left and right drain would be nice as well.

There are some really cool call outs with gene in the rom... Just not used. From memory there was one where he is counting down from 10

#407 8 years ago

Fuck the code wait; I want a premium and I want it now

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

trust me, you will tire of current code real fast. besides pinblades i have refused to add one mod to it until i get new code. i usually mod the crap outa my new pins within a few weeks.

#409 8 years ago

Is it really that bad? I mean it looks so great?!?

Thx for your advice!

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

I agree!!! I will not pull the trigger until that code is updated!

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is it really that bad? I mean it looks so great?!?
Thx for your advice!

It does look great. It's a beautiful game. It's fun to bang around on but gets pretty repetitive and boring right now IMO

It doesn't even have sounds for outlane drains yet. That's how beta it is.

#412 8 years ago

Maybe I'm terrible at pinball, but I play mine everyday without getting bored of it. I agree however that it does need a code update.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe I'm terrible at pinball, but I play mine everyday without getting bored of it. I agree however that it does need a code update.

good. enjoy it. but when you have many better pins and this is in the mix it doesnt get played as much.
beautiful pin but needs code stat.

#414 8 years ago

Hey, the code is more interesting than the original 80's pin

I loved mine for a couple months. Fun shooting pin. Code is boring...dots are lame.

Hopefully the long wait means they are working hard to make it great.

My expectations are low, but you can always hope.

Still a fun game...not every game can be compelling.

#415 8 years ago

Where is the kiss code? Any Rumors?

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where is the kiss code? Any Rumors?

I've heard a major topper update will hit prior to thanksgiving!!

#417 8 years ago

They only updated the undercab light show!

IMG_3177_(resized).JPGIMG_3177_(resized).JPG

#418 8 years ago

Just played a Kiss Premium on location after a bit of a break from it. I find it such a deeply unsatisfying game. Whether I had a 10m or 100m game, I walked away feeling totally bored. Next to it is The Walking Dead, where I will either want to put my fist through the machine or high-five the bar staff after a game. There is a sense of mission with that game, and many ways to approach it with risk/reward balances to consider. With Kiss, it's hit the flashing arrow and have Gene Simmons yell at you, while all the time the awful music drones away in the background.
I'm not sure improved code can rescue Kiss, but we will see.

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

Just played a Kiss Premium on location after a bit of a break from it. I find it such a deeply unsatisfying game. Whether I had a 10m or 100m game, I walked away feeling totally bored. Next to it is The Walking Dead, where I will either want to put my fist through the machine or high-five the bar staff after a game. There is a sense of mission with that game, and many ways to approach it with risk/reward balances to consider. With Kiss, it's hit the flashing arrow and have Gene Simmons yell at you, while all the time the awful music drones away in the background.
I'm not sure improved code can rescue Kiss, but we will see.

It can be great.

3 weeks later
#420 8 years ago

Hearing March 9 for miss code. Ghostbusters reveal on the 10th

#421 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hearing March 9 for miss code. Ghostbusters reveal on the 10th

yeah make us happy so we can order gb!

#422 8 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png

#423 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

yeah make us happy so we can order gb!

That's my plan! If Kiss code drops, I'll order GB the next day.

If it doesn't?

Well, I'm still totally ordering GB haha!

1 week later
#424 8 years ago

Gene Simmons had a pic with Stern at some convention on Stern's Facebook page and I commented "Did Gene ask why the Kiss code has not been updated or why all the features do not function in his machine?" and some the Stern admin nazi for Facebook banned me. LMFAO! I guess they do not want other people knowing their machine sucks right now, or as Gene would say it "YOU SUCK!"

#425 8 years ago

I'm not surprised. Their FB activity is really low since they've banned most of their loyal customers.

#426 8 years ago

I so wanted to say that on FB too. My guess is they were waiting on it to be posted.
Is Kiss the worst pin Stern ever made? As far as code and support with problems like the Gene head. My vote is yes!

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

with problems like the Gene head

What issues?

Quoted from Twilliams:

Is Kiss the worst pin Stern ever made?

No

#428 8 years ago

So I didn't know that there are modes from the hole!! I just got into deuce mode. How many different modes can't be started there?

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I'm not surse improved code can rescue Kiss, but we will see.

Exactly why i sold mt pro after 3 weeks. Totaĺly unsatisfying game. Weird when you consider borgs twd offering before it then he pumps out a turd like this not that Ropp helped the mission either. It is a beautiful game to look at tho

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I didn't know that there are modes from the hole!! I just got into deuce mode. How many different modes can't be started there?

What's Deuce mode? Can you explain how to achieve it, thx

#431 8 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Exactly why i sold mt pro after 3 weeks. Totaĺly unsatisfying game. Weird when you consider borgs twd offering before it then he pumps out a turd like this not that Ropp helped the mission either. It is a beautiful game to look at tho

How many people said TWD sucked before the code came along?
A lot of fing people! Now there opinions are changed.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How many people said TWD sucked before the code came along?
A lot of fing people! Now there opinions are changed.

True, but still Lyman vs Lonnie.

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

True, but still Lyman vs Lonnie.

Absolutely true. No Contest.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Gene Simmons had a pic with Stern at some convention on Stern's Facebook page and I commented "Did Gene ask why the Kiss code has not been updated or why all the features do not function in his machine?" and some the Stern admin nazi for Facebook banned me. LMFAO! I guess they do not want other people knowing their machine sucks right now, or as Gene would say it "YOU SUCK!"

Gene demanding his royalty check more like it.

#435 8 years ago

Tossed a shaker in my pro last week, gave it some new life. Code obviously needs help, but I still love shooting this table as it is.

I'm guessing it'll still be a while, but I'm riding this one out until the new code inevitably drops. With the art and the layout, I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

#436 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-kiss-code-post-your-code-here

Looks like new code may be a while. Enjoy some new tunes!

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

It starts at the backstage hole as a random award. Its some sort of timed mode and your song switches to deuce while it's playing. Only got it once. I'm going to try doing it again and get further.

#438 8 years ago

Rumor is they started coding 8 weeks ago. It's apparent, kiss code has not been a priority

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Rumor is they started coding 8 weeks ago. It's apparent, kiss code has not been a priority

I also heard the rumor that the new code was already out and it was so bad they had to start over aaaaaand stern eats pinballs and poops rainbows.......I actually think the last one is more feasible.

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I also heard the rumor that the new code was already out and it was so bad they had to start over aaaaaand stern eats pinballs and poops rainbows.......I actually think the last one is more feasible.

fact is 9 months and kiss owners left wondering wtf is the code. just ridiculous!!!

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

To be fair...none of the release date rumors you've had turned out true.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Agreed. Who gives him this stuff? JJP?

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Thank you!!!

Half the rumors in this thread are unsubstantiated and from the OP.

Dude, it's coming. We don't know when, but it's on it's way.

#444 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#445 8 years ago

I got info from a reliable source. Same source said LCD and Aerosmith is next. Then vault Batman (adam west)

I think kiss has been an incomplete nightmare that sold well. It is the last Lonnie game I will ever buy.

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I got info from a reliable source. Same source said LCD and Aerosmith is next. Then vault Batman (adam west)
I think kiss has been an incomplete nightmare that sold well. It is the last Lonnie game I will ever buy.

Did your source actually say when to expect code?

#447 8 years ago

I waited 2 years to be able to earn an extra ball in Tron Pro.

I have faith code will come, and be good.

#448 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

If it's the same source that told you that a major update was coming before Christmas, and again on March 9th, you need to find yourself a new source.

Vid has mentioned that the code is being tested by a number of players and is on its way to being released. He can't say too much due to an NDA (or at least that's how it sounds). He also alluded to some new tunes. The code is supposed to be less of an update and more of an overhaul.

That's a reliable source IMO. No hard dates, just that it's coming. There's nothing to do but be patient at this point.

#449 8 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

If it's the same source that told you that a major update was coming before Christmas, and again on March 9th, you need to find yourself a new source.
Vid has mentioned that the code is being tested by a number of players and is on its way to being released. He can't say too much due to an NDA (or at least that's how it sounds). He also alluded to some new tunes. The code is supposed to be less of an update and more of an overhaul.
That's a reliable source IMO. No hard dates, just that it's coming. There's nothing to do but be patient at this point.

I hope your right. Next game is aerosmith.

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I'm guessing next track was lit when you went in the scoop. You selected Duece as the next song to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.