Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 4 years ago

While waiting for code try changing out songs with Pinball Browser......Makes a world of differnce to put YOUR choice of songs.

Duff, Thanks for your help yesterday....I got froggy tonight and figured it out so all is good. I changed up a few songs and will probably do more when I have time especially with call outs.....there is so much out there that can be added. I chose to stay away from live versions for now but may add those later. Here is what I changed.......
I added God of Thunder, Shock Me, Cold Gin, Nothing to Lose, and Firehouse. I swapped the original versions of Lick it Up, Dr. Love, and Detroit Rock City. Songs removed were Black Diamond, Deuce, I love it Loud, Shout it out Loud, and Hotter than Hell.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

While waiting for code try changing out songs with Pinball Browser......Makes a world of differnce to put YOUR choice of songs.
Duff, Thanks for your help yesterday....I got froggy tonight and figured it out so all is good. I changed up a few songs and will probably do more when I have time especially with call outs.....there is so much out there that can be added. I chose to stay away from live versions for now but may add those later. Here is what I changed.......
I added God of Thunder, Shock Me, Cold Gin, Nothing to Lose, and Firehouse. I swapped the original versions of Lick it Up, Dr. Love, and Detroit Rock City. Songs removed were Black Diamond, Deuce, I love it Loud, Shout it out Loud, and Hotter than Hell.

Sounds great where do you get the replacement songs from and do you also change the song names on the DMD?

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Sounds great where do you get the replacement songs from and do you also change the song names on the DMD?

Yes you do need to change the song titles in the message tab. Some songs are listed more than once and need to be changed accordingly. If you use the scores tab you can enter your high score and never lose it. The macros tab lets you save all your changes so if there's ever another update you can load it and apply your changes to the new code. I'm a KISS nut and have their whole remastered catalogue already on my computer. I'm sure you can just buy the songs you want and use those. If you decide to keep I Love It Loud make sure you use the original 1982 version. Pinball browser is hands down the best mod you will make to your machine. Have fun!

#354 4 years ago

Gorgar,
Last night was my first time changing songs and I just used songs from the CD's I have. Got a lot more to learn on what else I can do with pinball browser. I did not change the titles yet but gonna do that tonight. And yes the original I Love it Loud is way better........thought about keeping it but the length fit great for another song. Plan to go through all the live albums and pull stuff to change some of the callouts and a few other things.

Like Thunder god said......great mod and have fun with it.

#355 4 years ago

Love KISS but the versions they use are just awful. They are uninspired unoriginal re-recordings by the new line-up that were released as a bonus disc with the 2009 Sonic Boom Wal-Mart only CD. Always wondered why they did this. No comparison to the originals. Listen to Detroit Rock City on Destroyer then listen to this new flat version. Lick it Up is really rough as Pauls voice cant hit the high notes like the original. I would be happy just switching out for original recordings. Oh yeah and dropping Black Diamond.

#356 4 years ago

Agree. The original version of Lick it Up is better....Paul still had a voice.....gonna change the annoying tire squealing on Detroit Rock City for the car crash at the end of the original. I know it won't match the animation but it's better than the tire squealing.........

#357 4 years ago

It sucks that since the code isn't done the only thing we can do at this point to make the game more entertaining is change the music that it came preloaded with.

As far as to why they chose to use the music on the Bonus Disc that came with Sonic Boom. The reason is simple, since Peter Chris and Ace Frehley are no longer in the band. Paul & Gene didn't have to pay them any royalties on music on the old classics if they are using the new music recorded with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer.

#358 4 years ago

Game OF Thrones got another code update, but there are complaints about it already. I guess Stern is trying to figure out a code fix for the saucer eject issue but can not figure out a fix using code. I wonder what a poll would like if it were to ask if Kiss owners feel like their pin was abandoned?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Game OF Thrones got another code update, but there are complaints about it already. I guess Stern is trying to figure out a code fix for the saucer eject issue but can not figure out a fix using code. I wonder what a poll would like if it were to ask if Kiss owners feel like their pin was abandoned?

It was out. Think they pulled it.

#360 4 years ago

With everyone tinkering on songs, is there a way to expand the number of letters for each song description. Some of them only have like 8 letters and I need more character for the replaced songs..

#361 4 years ago

Cheers for replys about pinball browser guys I'm next to useless with a computer but must check it out

#362 4 years ago

Biggest issue I had since I was grabbing songs from multiple sources was getting the volume consistent. You have to move the slider in Pinball browser a lot to notice a difference in volume. I adjust mine either + or - in increments of 10%. For the multiball songs I cranked each one to 140%. Couldn't hear them well enough with all the playfield noise.

#363 4 years ago

Just got done waxing mine and gonna play to see how the songs sound. May have to adjust the volume on mine but they sound good so far I think.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

With everyone tinkering on songs, is there a way to expand the number of letters for each song description. Some of them only have like 8 letters and I need more character for the replaced songs..

Can anyone help with this? I'm running into the same problem. I'm one lousy character short!

#365 4 years ago

No time frame given, but Stern's FB page said tonight that Kiss code is coming... Fingers crossed.

update_(resized).jpg

#366 4 years ago

Gene called me today and said the code should drop tomorrow.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

No time frame given, but Stern's FB page said tonight that Kiss code is coming... Fingers crossed.

update_(resized).jpg

Finally

#368 4 years ago

I really am digging the music pins after getting acdc. Not big on MET, but do like Kiss and would look to get one someday. I am watching this thread and rooting for an update for you folks!

#369 4 years ago

Looking forward to the update! Haven't changed any songs yet in hopes that an update would be coming.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Can anyone help with this? I'm running into the same problem. I'm one lousy character short!

I am as well. There seems to be a spot to select this but it is greyed out. Not a big deal but if it can be changed. I too have tried to play with the volume with little success. Looks like I have some time to kill waiting for the next update.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

update_(resized).jpg

we all know its coming but when? this delay is ridiculous!!!

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

I am as well. There seems to be a spot to select this but it is greyed out. Not a big deal but if it can be changed. I too have tried to play with the volume with little success. Looks like I have some time to kill waiting for the next update.

I saw a post by Olivier in the PB Browser thread that the Spike platform can't handle adding letters.....new code is coming, will wait for that before I do my replacements then.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I saw a post by Olivier in the PB Browser thread that the Spike platform can't handle adding letters.....new code is coming, will wait for that before I do my replacements then.

Quoted from volkdrive:

Thanks..

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Looking forward to the update! Haven't changed any songs yet in hopes that an update would be coming.

We've all been hoping for months & months while other games get multiple updates. Hope it comes soon and there is a lot there to warrant such a long wait.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

We've all been hoping for months & months while other games get multiple updates. Hope it comes soon and there is a lot there to warrant such a long wait.

I agree 100%. I'm enjoying my LE, but robust code update will take it to the next level. Only basing my hope on the assurance from Stern, in that reply to a FB post. Not firm ground by any stretch, but dealers I've talked to about it say it's being worked on. Hoping and praying....

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Gene called me today and said the code should drop tomorrow.

Who the hell is Gene?

We also were hoping for code to drop by:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years

Insert next holiday __________ (here)

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Who the hell is Gene?
We also were hoping for code to drop by:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years
Insert next holiday _________ (here)

Gene Simmons, dipshit.

#380 4 years ago

Duh!

I should have got that joke.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Gene Simmons, dipshit.

Awesome!

#383 4 years ago

Avengers just got updated. Hope Kiss is next!

#384 4 years ago

Avengers was released way back in 03/2013 right?

I hope KISS gets buttoned up much faster than 08/2018 (Avengers timeline)

Took KISS off my wishlist, ready to put it back!

#385 4 years ago

stern where is the code???

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern where is the code???

Its coming! We have our very best men on the job!

#387 4 years ago

Stern has top men on it......... top men

#388 4 years ago

top men? well are they on vacation? I am sure when we get it soon its gonna be good!

#389 4 years ago

49622656_(resized).jpg

#390 4 years ago

Hopefully not the guy working their warehouse.......this game has so much potential if programmed properly.....

#391 4 years ago

capguntrooper got it

#392 4 years ago

Using a probability calculator, prediction is another 3 weeks.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

My probability calculator reads a bit differently unfortunately.

image_(resized).jpg

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Going by the Avengers update, it'd be more like 2.5 years away.

Hope it's soon ... I'd like to add a KISS to my line up.

rd

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Going by the Avengers update, it'd be more like 2.5 years away.
Hope it's soon ... I'd like to add a KISS to my line up.
rd

Nah, Lonnie isn't up for a bit

Dwight on GB
Lyman on WWE then Aerosmith

#396 4 years ago

Sure would be nice to have a 2 ball multi-ball that could be stacked with the other multi-balls. Perhaps a left loop to scoop shot bonus like end of line on TRON could be called a deuce bonus (or have it light back stage pass if not already lit). That shot combo is quick and hard but fun to hit. If the cities wont be integrated then maybe do away with them. Anyone have an idea on how to integrate the cities?

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Sure would be nice to have a 2 ball multi-ball that could be stacked with the other multi-balls. Perhaps a left loop to scoop shot bonus like end of line on TRON could be called a deuce bonus (or have it light back stage pass if not already lit). That shot combo is quick and hard but fun to hit. If the cities wont be integrated then maybe do away with them. Anyone have an idea on how to integrate the cities?

Maybe decrease the number of cities and provide custom DMD animations for each venue. City specific multipliers or jackpots.

The possibilities are endless, but I think there are too many cities now. Cut back and provide depth.

#398 4 years ago

When I saw the DMD animations for GOT I was really impressed. KISS' animations are pretty amateurish if you compare the two.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

When I saw the DMD animations for GOT I was really impressed. KISS' animations are pretty amateurish if you compare the two.

Yep.

#400 4 years ago

Not much in the info screens either.
Not much info to enter I guess.

No call out when you hit the flipper buttons in attract mode either.
I like pressing buttons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 279.95
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside