update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 8 years ago

I thought someone around here received the new code?

#302 8 years ago

Buy a Spiderman VE and get a free KISS code update. Could be a new marketing idea.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I thought someone around here received the new code?

If you mean a buggy beta code that was garbage.......some body might have, Developers sometimes get reeeeeeeal butt hurt when you tell them their work is crap, even when you do it in the most politically correct way possible and add side notes for improvement, they think at that point a tester should have just done all the programing themselves. So I have heard.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Buy a Spiderman VE and get a free KISS code update. Could be a new marketing idea.

This wait is pathetic.

#305 8 years ago

Henry, pm sent on something that may tide you over.

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This wait is pathetic.

I may be confusing you with someone else but haven't you been saying a big update is coming soon? Was that based on 'inside info' or just your 'hope'?

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I may be confusing you with someone else but haven't you been saying a big update is coming soon? Was that based on 'inside info' or just your 'hope'?

Based on info from others.

#308 8 years ago

...............crickets.................
jeeze this code wait is very annoying.

#309 8 years ago

I feel for you guys.
Sure seemed like a winner when it came out.

#310 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I feel for you guys.
Sure seemed like a winner when it came out.

Agreed. The art package alone is just awesome.

As with Met, good things come to those who wait.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Agreed. The art package alone is just awesome.
As with Met, good things come to those who wait.

Lonnie games do not have the same track record as Lyman.

#312 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Lonnie games do not have the same track record as Lyman.

Very important point. I would not buy any new stern on theme alone until the code is complete unless Lyman was doing the code.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Very important point. I would not buy any new stern on theme alone until the code is complete unless Lyman was doing the code.

live and learn, my next nib heighway alien le. gonna take a different route. gonna also by a couple more used pins.
kiss le looks great, that i agree especially with pinblades installed. hopefully the new code makes it a homerun.

#314 8 years ago

For being the 'oldest and biggest', Stern doesnt always act like it. Not having more rigor around programming process/releases is amateur hour.

But again, shame on us for letting it happen over and over and over again.

To bad many of the 'I just want one pin for my mancave' buyers have NO idea the waters they are wading into when they make that decision. They'd think you were crazy if you explained to them that you have to choose the 'programmer' carefully because stern pins arent complete when you buy them (and if you choose 'poorly' it could be years (or never) that your pin will be 'complete').

#315 8 years ago

For being the 'oldest and biggest', Stern doesnt always act like it. Not having more rigor around programming process/releases is amateur hour.
To bad many of the 'I just want one pin for my mancave' buyers have NO idea the waters they are wading into when they make that decision. They'd think you were crazy if you explained to them that you have to choose the 'programmer' carefully because stern pins arent complete when you buy them (and if you choose 'poorly' it could be years (or never) that your pin will be 'complete').

my first pin was a tron le. i never new about pinball code. i played with original code for years. i only learned about pinball code when i joined pinside.

#316 8 years ago

It is amateur hour, but "shame on us" for letting what happen? The code works fine for many folks. For the folks that insist on more complete code, they should just stop whining. I use to be one of the whiners...then I realized that it's a waste of time/energy. If the code isn't good enough, sell the machine. I sold my STLE because I hated the code. Sure, they eventually updated/improved it, but it still wasn't for me. Stern isn't going to change...the company culture is what it is. I'd love to get an update, but I'm not stressing too much over it.

#317 8 years ago

I don't think it's a matter of the code being "good enough" or not, it's that basic game functions that were very clearly planned to be incorporated into the game have not yet.

I don't think anyone is looking for LOTR depth in this game, that's completely unreasonable. The fact that 3x and Colossal Bonus inserts, as well as certain band member inserts are physically on the play field but are not implemented into the code in any way, shape, or form, is pretty weak.

I think many people who aren't thrilled are just looking for post-beta code, not finished and insanely deep code. The distinction is worth noting.

#318 8 years ago

I just played one in the wild. The Gene head. Just absolutely awful. Perfect STDM every time. Must be factory settings. I messed with the settings on mine and now it just kind of pathetically dribbles down to the right flipper but seeing one in the wild going STDM over and over was just heartbreaking. I would much rather this awful physical problem be fixed before anything else.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I just played one in the wild. The Gene head. Just absolutely awful. Perfect STDM every time. Must be factory settings. I messed with the settings on mine and now it just kind of pathetically dribbles down to the right flipper but seeing one in the wild going STDM over and over was just heartbreaking. I would much rather this awful physical problem be fixed before anything else.

Agreed (though I don't have this problem on my Premium). Even though it doesn't drain, the TRON-like spinner doesn't result in great gameplay. Maybe Stern or some 3rd party can figure out how to improve it without too much fuss. The TRON spinner mech kicks butt.

#320 8 years ago

Is the Gene head flaw a design defect or a lack of quality control?

#321 8 years ago

I don't have this issue with mine, but the distributor I purchased from did a few dial ins prior to delivery, including the harness routed through the magnet motor. Code wise, update needed. Too many things just not functional... A deep game? Probably never will be for what it is and that's fine, but if there is something on the playfield design that is supposed to be doing something, then it should be doing that.

#322 8 years ago

Still enjoying my LE. Mine has very few SDTM drains out of Gene. Code will be updated eventually I am willing to bet but it sucks having to wait. So many things they could do....besides all the known features not programmed yet. It needs polishing for sure. When you put a coin/credit on the game it needs a call out from Gene saying Ooh Yeah!!!! That's just the sound he makes every time his wallet gets bigger LOL! Hit the start button and it needs to say you wanted the best you got the best...and for a real throwback add some sounds from the Bally version. So much they could add to really make it a great game.

Code updates are Stern ' s culture. Unless sales suffer due to this being an issue it will unlikely change. The average buyer is unaware of code and buys from their local distributor and has no idea the game is not coded completely.

#323 8 years ago

The Gene eject problem seems random, only happening on certain games. Mine and others works well on factory settings. It spits out from the head very fast, and right to the tip of the left flipper. I'm sure the issue with some games, like Joe's, is purely mechanical, and could probably be tweaked with a slight bend to the right wall, (when facing the backglass), of the eject chute with a pair of needle nose pliers. The Gene head will likely have to come off to try this idea. I'm only assuming this will work of course, but it seems logical to me.

#324 8 years ago

Change the music. Black Diamond is a mood killer. They are using the remakes from the 2009 Sonic Boom xtra disc. Replace Black Diamond with Do You Love me and why oh why doesnt Demon multiball play God of Thunder??

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It is amateur hour, but "shame on us" for letting what happen?

For continually buying pins that ship without finalized code.

Their 'company culture' would change immediately if no pins were sold until the code was materially more playable than it usually is out of the gate...

(and yes, I know this would never happen)

#326 8 years ago

Tron-like spinner-the spinner on the right side that blocks a whole lot of shots? The original Bally has the same thing.

#327 8 years ago

Another week and no code. Really sad

Just heard next game is DMD as well. WTF?

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where'd you hear that? Same place you heard a 'big update' was coming before Christmas?

#329 8 years ago

Where'd you hear that? Same place you heard a 'big update' was coming before Christmas?

Stern said about the update before Christmas in a podcast. I believe Jody said that one and its public.

No I heard it from a reliable source. Said Lyman gets the first LCD game.

#330 8 years ago

For continually buying pins that ship without finalized code.
Their 'company culture' would change immediately if no pins were sold until the code was materially more playable than it usually is out of the gate...
(and yes, I know this would never happen)

There are plenty of people that wait. The business model of selling through distributors shelters Stern quite a bit. A title can be sold out and still have many units sitting at distributors.

For me, fun trumps completeness. The problem with KISS isn't completeness. The problem is the rules and dots are extremely mediocre. After 200 games, I'm bored and don't power it up. MET was an example of a fun game that was incomplete.

I still hopeful that an update will save the day...

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

There are plenty of people that wait. The business model of selling through distributors shelters Stern quite a bit. A title can be sold out and still have many units sitting at distributors.
For me, fun trumps completeness. The problem with KISS isn't completeness. The problem is the rules and dots are extremely mediocre. After 200 games, I'm bored and don't power it up. MET was an example of a fun game that was incomplete.
I still hopeful that an update will save the day...

Distributors start ordering fewer pins upfront and sterns shelter goes away.

Dots and rules can be materially improved through...completed code.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Exactly.
I thought I had a wwe update for Christmas, for New Year after the IFPA contest and nothing.
Stay connected, soon, blah blah blah.
It is shameful.
Kiss, wwe,,,, avengers.
I will sell wwe.
I think it's over for him.
WWE is worse than others. No rules, bugs,,,,

#333 8 years ago

When I decided to buy kiss I did it on the basis of what it is not what it might eventually be. That said there are simply problems that need fixing. Some of the dmd animations are not full screen but are set up for the old split screen.
the gene head works fine on mine never had to mess with it.

As for all the Lonnie bashing, iirc he is head of coding. I'd assume that he Hass less free time to code a game than Lyman. Lyman is good but takes an age anyway.

New code is always great, it's like having a new machine all over again.

#334 8 years ago

It would be nice if Stern would just man up and say 'yes, we are in the process of updating code for game X', or 'no, we are not'. This bullshit of keeping everyone in the dark is what upsets me most after spending thousands and thousands of dollars on their toys.

#335 8 years ago

it would be good to have a deadline (not the day but for example the month "example:.. January: update avenger, February kiss,,,)

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

it would be good to have a deadline (not the day but for example the month "example:.. January: update avenger, February kiss,,,)

Or even within the next two months

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Exactly.
I thought I had a wwe update for Christmas, for New Year after the IFPA contest and nothing.
Stay connected, soon, blah blah blah.
It is shameful.
Kiss, wwe,,,, avengers.
I will sell wwe.
I think it's over for him.
WWE is worse than others. No rules, bugs,,,,

Lyman is trying to fix WWE. I'd hold it for a bit.

#338 8 years ago

official source?
A release date for wwe?

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

official source?
A release date for wwe?

Source came from Stern. They said an update was coming. Others heard Lyman was on the code.

Other rumors are Avengers code soon and GOT update soon. No mention of Kiss from this source just WWE, Avengers and GOT.

I hope someone is hearing something about KISS.

#340 8 years ago

I kept hearing Kiss code for Christmas. That didn't turn out so well

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Change the music. Black Diamond is a mood killer. They are using the remakes from the 2009 Sonic Boom xtra disc. Replace Black Diamond with Do You Love me and why oh why doesnt Demon multiball play God of Thunder??

BD was a buzzkill, especially the version used. The benefit of its space and Love it Loud is they both have over 4 min song times. I put Shock me in Love it loud. The problem I had was I didn't like shock me with Gene anamations. The only Spaceman animations were in Deuce. So I shorten Shock me and placed it there. Then it kinda snowballed because most KiSS songs are between 3 minutes and 3 minutes and 45 sec. RnR all Nite live was 4 mins so I stretched it to BD spot at 4:18 sec with speed and crowd noise. It's not perfect but I can live with it. Cold gin was another song that was really long in the live version so that became Love it Loud. RnR all nite on the game is the shortest song length at 2:48 so I used Strutter there. Since Deuce was changed to Shock me I wanted it back in the game it was put in Lick it up. It's a Gene song and the animations and tounge graphic fit. I then changed HtH to Firehouse which also works well with the current graphics. The last change that absolutely needed to be done was God of Thunder for Demon MB. The rest of the songs stayed the same but were swapped for live versions and it makes the game so much more appealing to me. Files are saved off to edit new code when and if it ever happens.

#342 8 years ago

Duff, any chance I can get some pinball browser help from you? I have it but need a good tutorial I suppose. Looking to change stuff on Kiss and Metallica. ..I think I agree with all the changes you made on Kiss!

#343 8 years ago

I ditched BD for Psycho Circus. HTH for Heavens On Fire. Dr. Love is now War Machine. I'm considering adding Strutter for Deuce. Gotta love pinball browser!

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I ditched BD for Psycho Circus. HTH for Heavens On Fire. Dr. Love is now War Machine. I'm considering adding Strutter for Deuce. Gotta love pinball browser!

Strutter needs to be in the game!

I was hoping they would add two new songs ala Metallica.

#345 8 years ago

Will doing that void the warranty? Can it be put back to factory?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Will doing that void the warranty? Can it be put back to factory?

Shouldn't void anything. Very easy to set it back.

#347 8 years ago

Your only changing songs in the code. If you save off a file prior to manipulation, you change it back with a USB stick. Pickle I sent you a PM. Strutter does need to be there. I'm torn on tracks like tomorrow and tonight, she, I stole your love, ladies room, larger than life and rocket ride. The problem is I don't know what to drop out to get them in. At this point Shout it out loud is the weakest link but Deuce could also but they are as much of original KISS as any of the tracks I want to add.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Shouldn't void anything. Very easy to set it back.

Yes just install the factory Stern code that's always available on their site. Strutter is going in next update!

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Duff, any chance I can get some pinball browser help from you? I have it but need a good tutorial I suppose. Looking to change stuff on Kiss and Metallica. ..I think I agree with all the changes you made on Kiss!

Yes, I too would love a tutorial. I just purchased my Kiss from Hemi and it is set to be delivered on Wednesday. After listening to the songs via browser, it definitely will need to be modified.

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Change the music. Black Diamond is a mood killer.

Only until it gets going (hitting the pops/drums during what's basically a vocals-only intro I'll admit sounds oddd), but then I think it's tied for the best sounding song in the game (tied with Deuce).

I do think the game needed "Uh All Night" and tilt should be disabled during any "Uh" just in case you thrust into the machine by accident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.