Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 4 years ago

Who is fire saleing their KISS? Let's make it happen- staunch the bleeding, and unleash your pain. Operators are standing by.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

I agree. Pin browser is your friend. I have all live tracks from alive and alive II in the game. Makes a huge difference to me. God of Thunder for Demon MB, Fire House for HTH, Cold gin for Black Diamond, Strutter for Deuce, Duece for Lick it up, and Shock me for Love it Loud.
Now on the code update, who knows. It's funny being the last day of the year people are now saying Jan. Time to just tune it out. The new songs will hold me over for awhile but once that shine is off and no code; the game will go. This coming from a huge KISS fan up to about 1980..

How did you do this?? I would love to put the original versions of these songs in the pin. You an replace songs????

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

How did you do this?? I would love to put the original versions of these songs in the pin. You an replace songs????</blockquote

Still working on the splices but I don't mind the abrupt breaks to get the songs the right lengths. When you have all the sounds going you don't always hear it. It is far better than the re recordings. It's all the pin browser and I am far from computer savvy. I downloaded live tracks from iTunes, converted to MP3 and manipulated with audacity. Pretty easy when you get the hang of it. The three that I'm really digging is GoT for Demon MB, Firehouse does well with the HTH graphics, and since ther really isn't a good upbeat P Criss song, I did Cold Gin for Black Diamond. Black Diamond and Love it Loud are your longest tracks so Cold Gin and Shock me went there. I really would like to get Shock me in what is now the Duece mode since there are spaceman clips but there is no clean break. I have also noticed with live tracks there is a lot more room for error so you don't have to be perfect. You can expand or shrink up to about 5 sec. to where it doesn't noticably impact the sound. It was 20 bucks for the pin browser donation to be able to export in clips loner than 10 sec and maybe 15 bucks in songs..

Alan

#254 4 years ago

<edited>pathetic to have to choose pins based on who is coding but alas, that's where stern has led us.

They should be embarrassed.

I know I am.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from XpadreX:

Who is fire saleing their KISS? Let's make it happen- staunch the bleeding, and unleash your pain. Operators are standing by.

I sold mine... GoT is a far better game right now.

Rob

#256 4 years ago

KISS right now is better than Metallica was at the same time. I feel you guys dumping your machines here as I tried to sell my Met at the same point in the cycle. Obviously glad I didn't. Code will come. Play some other games in the meantime. Don't give in to anger. It will be ok.

#257 4 years ago

I'm enjoying getting a feel for all the shots right now on my LE. Be patient fellas! Once the new code drops this game will be up there with Borgs best. It has a lot of flow, and satisfying shots.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

<edited> pathetic to have to choose pins based on who is coding but alas, that's where stern has led us.
They should be embarrassed.
I know I am.

It's true though. Lonnie and Waison have all but failed on code.

Dwight is showing he is great and fairly fast.

Lyman is the man, but slow.

Maybe Lyman can save kiss after he tries to save WWE.

#259 4 years ago

"You wanted the best and you got the best, the hottest coder in the world.......Lonnie." NOT!

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

KISS right now is better than Metallica was at the same time. I feel you guys dumping your machines here as I tried to sell my Met at the same point in the cycle. Obviously glad I didn't. Code will come. Play some other games in the meantime. Don't give in to anger. It will be ok.

It's been 8 months since release. Metallica was further along and we were voting on two extra songs.

#261 4 years ago

just fn ridiculous. i just played a game and shut it the f off. cant take it anymore!

image_(resized).jpg

#262 4 years ago

To put an end to the code argument. Let's look at facts

Metallica
Code updates
June 6, 2013
June 10
June 28
July 31
August 13

March 6
March 17
June 5
September 2

April 23

That's 5 updates in 3 months after initial release. 10 total updates

Let's compare this with Lonnie games

Avengers
Nov 30
Dec 4
Dec 12
Feb

That's 5 total updates with actual code In 3 months

Now Kiss
July
August

Two updates that had actual code added or changed.

Transformers had 5 game rules updates

The Walking Dead 11 significant updates
AC/DC 8 significant updates

Oh and GOT has had over 10 updates in three months

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

just fn ridiculous. i just played a game and shut it the f off. cant take it anymore!

image_(resized).jpg

Cool, bring it to me then.

#264 4 years ago

I can't convince you it is good when it is incomplete.

#265 4 years ago

Looking to buy a Premium! Anyone want to sell?? Honestly I don't think they will fix the code. I am buying the machine for a deaf, dumb, blind kid........Who doesn't care about code.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Looking to buy a Premium! Anyone want to sell?? Honestly I don't think they will fix the code. I am buying the machine for a deaf, dumb, blind kid........Who doesn't care about code.

Billy doesn't care about code either.

image_(resized).jpg

#267 4 years ago

HA HA! Whoever manages Gene Simmons page on Facebook seems to be aware of the code issue. Betcha if every inside member sent Gene a message about it, he would give Gary a call. Gene is all about the profit and if his fans are not happy his wallet gets lighter.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

HA HA! Whoever manages Gene Simmons page on Facebook seems to be aware of the code issue. Betcha if every inside member sent Gene a message about it, he would give Gary a call. Gene is all about the profit and if his fans are not happy his wallet gets lighter.

Wow, do you have the link?

#269 4 years ago

Yep - or send Gene a link to here so he can see how Kiss fans feel about the lame effort stern has put into the pin.

#270 4 years ago

Good job Jay!!!

#271 4 years ago

"Well, here's my e-mail to Gene Simmons" This wait and no update is just bull****. We paid $8,000 for a machine with topper that is not complete. Can you release a freaking car with out it being complete? No...... So why are we paying this cash for a machine that's not complete or with any updates at all. Where is accountability for deadlines? Stern... We paid our hard earned cash up front for this machine. You need to make games complete and provide updates. This is unacceptable.

Gene,

Stern Pinball took all our Kiss Army cash for the Kiss Pinball machines and the topper and just took off. I’m sure you will not agree with this type of behavior and we need your support.
“KISS” is the biggest, bad ass rock band of all time and I don’t think you will stand for this. Please stick up for your fans and contact Gary Stern to find out what the hell is going on with the game
code. This game is not complete in terms of programming and fans that have spent roughly $8,0000 for a pinball machine are more than disappointed that the machines were received in August of
2015 and as of today, there has been one silly update to the code to correct some bugs and one small update for the topper. Other games have received game code updates and even newer machines
Such as Game of Thrones have received several updates. Kiss, a dead issue. There has been zero attempts to complete this code and finish the product. At $8,000.00 for the machine + topper, we need
You to stick up for the Kiss Army and find out why the Kiss Pinball is being ignored. Please help Gene, I know you would be disappointed if you paid $8,000 for a large machine that just collects dust.

#272 4 years ago

Just cut and paste what I wrote or Barakawins1 wrote, or even write up something yourself guys, see link below to his page

https://www.facebook.com/officialgenesimmons/?fref=ts

"Hey Gene could you please give the guys at STERN a call about your new pinball machine. KISS fans are getting very upset that they have not released the new game code for the pinball yet. It has been over 8 months and people are starting to dump the new KISS machine because Stern looks like they have abandoned it."

#273 4 years ago

It is no better in WWE.
There is a bug with GI, not many rules,,,,
Stern writes on facebook always "stay connected", "stay connected", "soon",,,,.
By dint of being connected, the battery in my computer is broken

#274 4 years ago

Just cut and paste what I wrote or Barakawins1 wrote, or even write up something yourself guys, see link below to his page
https://www.facebook.com/officialgenesimmons/?fref=ts
"Hey Gene could you please give the guys at STERN a call about your new pinball machine. KISS fans are getting very upset that they have not released the new game code for the pinball yet. It has been over 8 months and people are starting to dump the new KISS machine because Stern looks like they have abandoned it."

Awesome.

#275 4 years ago

I agree reaching out to Gene Simmons on his Facebook page may rattle some chains.
However I've looked at his page several times over the past 24 hours and I don't see anyone's complaint about the game code. It's obviously going to an alternative page where users can post comments to his page, although they are hidden. All I'm seeing are posts from him (or whomever managers his Facebook page). If you want the post to be more seen....write it in the comment of one of his posts.

Also I believe your Post on Facebook should be more direct about what is not working. I say this because people that are not into pinball like we are, IE: Gene Simmons, probably think the game plays fine as it is. You should be more direct about the features that aren't working so that Gene/Paul, etc. can play their KISS Pinball and see what you are talking about.
Guys have you noticed the following features on your KISS Pinball do not ever work in game play?
Here are some glaring examples:
- 3x Bonus and Colossal Bonus
- Large Inserts of Band Members
- Choosing a City at the beginning of game play does absolutely nothing

I personally wish Stern would quit spending 6+ months to make a grand slam of an update. This in turn pisses off your die hard customers that are prone to pre-ordering your pinballs. Wanna make the pinball community happy? Have regular smaller updates. I would be just as happy with a base hit on a regular basis than waiting 6 months for a Grand Slam update.

All in all I believe this directly effects sales. I'm sure they have noticed that once the community boosts about big updates and how the game seems more complete that there is a resurgence in new game sales for that title. Metallica was put back on the line several times after the code was fleshed out. Why? Because it's hard to complain about a game when code makes it become bad ass. That being said....finish the code Stern, and watch your sales of KISS increase considerably.

#276 4 years ago

I also went to his site http://www.genesimmons.com/letters/ and sent him an email. I did include a few details that will leave him asking questions, but hey I am only one guy here, I need the ret of the KISS Army to lend a hand too.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

All in all I believe this directly effects sales

It does.

When a new title comes out I get all excited, check my Mint profile & prepare to spend some scratch. Based on Sterns code issues however I wait until the game is complete.

By the time code is done, if ever at all, I'm already "over & done" with the game before I buy it. Not because I've played it to death elsewhere. It's because it's pretty much impossible for me to stay excited for 2 fucking years, 3 price increases & then actually feel good about dropping $5K-$8K. By then I'm also a bit salty @ Stern too which makes keeping my money easier.

This shit is your fault guys. Stop buying incomplete games!

#278 4 years ago

You can only send e-mails directly to Gene through his page. He will read the posts, trust me. Especially when the Kiss image is being tarnished. Everyone please e-mail directly through his website. Or, e-mail Gene directly at: INFO@GENESIMMONS.COM

Big brother is watching you!

gENE_(resized).JPG

#280 4 years ago

I don't think this is tarnishing the KISS image. Ive let many huge KISS fans play mine and none of them have complained about a code. Ive gotten many many compliments on it.

#281 4 years ago

I think we've gotten away from the OP's original point... What's good in the current code?

To me, it's not an unplayable mess (i.e. XM's original code issues). Kiss right now is more akin to an early SS game where the goal is multipliers, jackpots, extra ball, etc. No real cohesion, which IMO is the biggest thing missing. There's nothing to tie the game together.

I'd like to see the cities incorporated, I'd like to see more fleshed out modes, I'd like another attainable multiball or two, and the list goes on.

The code right now is mediocre, which is okay for an early game, but I think we're long overdue for a quality update.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

To put an end to the code argument. Let's look at facts
Metallica
Code updates
June 6, 2013
June 10
June 28
July 31
August 13
March 6
March 17
June 5
September 2
April 23
That's 5 updates in 3 months after initial release. 10 total updates
Let's compare this with Lonnie games
Avengers
Nov 30
Dec 4
Dec 12
Feb
That's 5 total updates with actual code In 3 months
Now Kiss
July
August
Two updates that had actual code added or changed.
Transformers had 5 game rules updates
The Walking Dead 11 significant updates
AC/DC 8 significant updates
Oh and GOT has had over 10 updates in three months

This is cool!!!!Add the release dates of said games n you get a picture of how it all went down,or not,regarding soft are.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think we've gotten away from the OP's original point... What's good in the current code?
To me, it's not an unplayable mess (i.e. XM's original code issues). Kiss right now is more akin to an early SS game where the goal is multipliers, jackpots, extra ball, etc. No real cohesion, which IMO is the biggest thing missing. There's nothing to tie the game together.
I'd like to see the cities incorporated, I'd like to see more fleshed out modes, I'd like another attainable multiball or two, and the list goes on.
The code right now is mediocre, which is okay for an early game, but I think we're long overdue for a quality update.

Someone convince me it's good. It's like a system 11 say pool sharks. It just gets boring quickly as we expect more

#285 4 years ago

This is the cycle for every new Stern release.

People buy the game as soon as it's announced, KNOWING FULL WELL THE CODE WILL SUCK until at least the 9 month to a year mark.
People complain about the code not being finished.
People sell their game at significant loss at around the 6 month mark, because the code sucks.
Stern finally updates the code to an acceptable or even great level.
Prices on used games go up.
Demand for NIB games goes up
Stern pumps out more NIB games.

Next title is announced

Rinse, Repeat.

I bought my KISSLE knowing full well the game code would not be anywhere near complete until around summer of '16, I am still very happy with my decision. It's still the most played game in my home among visitors. I myself primarily play Luci and MMR now. But I do still feel KISS will become awesome in time. I just don't understand all this complaining about the code, its not anything new. In 4 months all the bitching will be about GOT code. And by the way, there is a whole lot more bugs in the GOT code now than there is in KISS, even though GOT has had more updates.

I bought my MET Premium when people were dumping them because of the lack of decent code. Picked it up for $5350 with 75 plays on the original code. Should have done the same for KISS but I wanted that one to be NIB.

#286 4 years ago

Has anyone got an alternative music ROM for KISS pro?

If I can't get new code I'll take an alternative ROM with different music and trick myself.

Please PM me

#287 4 years ago

PM me as well. It would give me a reason to turn the game on.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

In 4 months all the bitching will be about GOT code. And by the way, there is a whole lot more bugs in the GOT code now than there is in KISS, even though GOT has had more updates.

Why would people bitch about GoT code in 4 months? It has a few minor bugs, but everything works and there are no missing major features like KISS. It's the best coded game at release time that Stern has delivered in a long time. Playing GoT is like dating a hot supermodel who is into you. Playing KISS is like going to bingo with your grandmother.

Rob

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Why would people bitch about GoT code in 4 months? It has a few minor bugs, but everything works and there are no missing major features like KISS. It's the best coded game at release time that Stern has delivered in a long time. Playing GoT is like dating a hot supermodel who is into you. Playing KISS is like going to bingo with your grandmother.
Rob

Yea, and the same thing was said about KISS a month after its release.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yea, and the same thing was said about KISS a month after its release.

Kiss code was ok for a start, but its not even close to the quality of GoT at release. And since release Kiss has stagnated with poor code supporrt while GoT hasnt. Stern dropped the ball on Kiss, no denying that.

Rob

#291 4 years ago

Kiss has so much potential and I love the layout, music, art...mine isn't going anywhere. I'm used to slow code updates, I've been buying sterns for a while now!! Seems like every time I give up on a game, Stern ends up making it better and i regret selling it. Not doing it with this one!

Go ahead and fire sell your machine, there's a good chance you'll regret it once the code gets updated.

And for those looking to buy and can get it for a good price, go for it!!

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Has anyone got an alternative music ROM for KISS pro?
If I can't get new code I'll take an alternative ROM with different music and trick myself.
Please PM me

Me too Please ...

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Kiss has so much potential and I love the layout, music, art...mine isn't going anywhere. I'm used to slow code updates, I've been buying sterns for a while now!! Seems like every time I give up on a game, Stern ends up making it better and i regret selling it. Not doing it with this one!
Go ahead and fire sell your machine, there's a good chance you'll regret it once the code gets updated.
And for those looking to buy and can get it for a good price, go for it!!

Here lies the issue. Lonnie games have all been coded ASAP in the past and done.

I fully expect the next KISS update will be the last.

#294 4 years ago

I really hope you are right.

#295 4 years ago

Just sayin

#296 4 years ago

Lol

#297 4 years ago

I figured that it would be slow going for Wrestlemania and KISS with so many resources allocated to the new Spike system and Game of Thrones's extended gestation, but I didn't think it would take this long. We're coming up to a full year since WWE was announced. I'd be fine with it having a simpler ruleset, as not every machine has to be Simpsons' Pinball Party, but I struggle to believe that they're done with it.

#298 4 years ago

Just sayin

That's funny

#299 4 years ago

Just sayin

#300 4 years ago

SOOOOOOO I was talking to my good buddy Oliver Queen AKA Stephen Amell who has a Kiss pinball and he had this to say.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside