Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

I hope if it came down to the wire they walked away and chose to spend this time with their families . Come back after the holiday and bang it out !

More than that, I hope if it came down to the wire they didn't rush it out. Better to wait 2 weeks and bug test it first. Last GOT code seemed to create a lot of issues, bet we're going to see a hotfix following it.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

More than that, I hope if it came down to the wire they didn't rush it out. Better to wait 2 weeks and bug test it first. Last GOT code seemed to create a lot of issues, bet we're going to see a hotfix following it.

I hope so in regards to Got and a fast fix update.
I agree. I would rather have Stern take a long time to make a game great than rush and abandon a game.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I hope so in regards to Got and a fast fix update.

I believe someone was told by Ritchie on Facebook that it's coming soon. Dwight will take care of everyone, not worried about that.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I believe someone was told by Ritchie on Facebook that it's coming soon. Dwight will take care of everyone, not worried about that.

I agree, if there are problems Dwight will fix it sooner as opposed to later. It won't be like leaving Nero 2 broken for a year or so...

Rob

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes. We trust Dwight and Lyman.

I can't figure Waison out as his games have been horrid. Lonnie games never seem to be great. They get stuck at "what if"

If Lyman coded Transformers it would be a top 5.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Just curious if there is a skill shot in the current code. You fire the ball right into the pops so no skill shot right?

It doesn't have a skillshot in the traditional sense, but there is still a skillful shot to be made. If you short plunge to a little less than halfway around the orbit, the ball will roll backwards instead of into the pops. On the way back, it will trigger the right orbit switch for the second time and collect the lit arrow on it. So, you pick up some points and work towards completing the song you are on, assuming you have picked one where the right orbit is lit.

#207 3 years ago

Any chance on code today? My guess is Thursday before new year.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Have you tried this? Mine was same as yours .... my fix described below was the answer:
Gene's "Demon Head" was a major issue with delivering STDMs just about 99% of the time. With just ONE game adjustment, this has been reduced to just 10%! Make this adjustment in the "Adjustments" menu area, the "KISS" sub-menu area. Find the "Demon Lockup Power" I set it to 22. Factory setting is 32. When set at factory, I got STDM almost every single time. The other setting is called "Demon Eject Power". The factory setting is 32 and that is what I have mine set to. I know this reads like I have it backwards, trust me - I don't (you can always set this back if you don't like the result).

Works like a charm. Ball kind of dribbles out but it really makes a difference. The multi ball lasts much much longer.

To everyone waiting for a new code-I have this sitting next to my old Bally KISS. Just night and day as far as fun to play. Ill always have a soft spot for the 79 model but its a bit dull anymore...

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Works like a charm. Ball kind of dribbles out but it really makes a difference. The multi ball lasts much much longer.
To everyone waiting for a new code-I have this sitting next to my old Bally KISS. Just night and day as far as fun to play. Ill always have a soft spot for the 79 model but its a bit dull anymore...

Glad to hear it Joe! I'm now experimenting with going the "other way" on the setting and now have it on 40 ... will report soon

#210 3 years ago

It's time for a code update.

Not looking for finished code, but it's time for this game to get fleshed out.

#211 3 years ago

Played the game first time yesterday; loved the looks. Now I want one !?!

#212 3 years ago

I have had this game since the day it Arrived in Australia. The only code update since I got it is for the topper control. The topper is still not in the country. Game is featureless and boring. Has not been switched on in over a month. Got played a bit when I got it and in around 50 games the playfield was filthy from the rubber on the spinner. Genes head eject is too random, SDTM out of the box, adjusted the angle a bit, was perfect for a while then SDTM again. Very frustrating and very disappointing for a HU game. Way too long on a developed code, this game has a BETA code at best, just testing the shots. I do remember how disappointed I was when I got Metallica out of the box also, and it has grown into what is one of my favorites. Hope Kiss will be similar. There are lights on the playfield that are still not used and I can't find any significance to selecting the city at the start. Stern Surprise me, I will be doing a minor strip of the playfield over the Christmas break to clean it so it looks like a new game when a decent code is released. If next code is as boring as this one, I will have an LE for sale.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

I have had this game since the day it Arrived in Australia. The only code update since I got it is for the topper control. The topper is still not in the country. Game is featureless and boring. Has not been switched on in over a month. Got played a bit when I got it and in around 50 games the playfield was filthy from the rubber on the spinner. Genes head eject is too random, SDTM out of the box, adjusted the angle a bit, was perfect for a while then SDTM again. Very frustrating and very disappointing for a HU game. Way too long on a developed code, this game has a BETA code at best, just testing the shots. I do remember how disappointed I was when I got Metallica out of the box also, and it has grown into what is one of my favorites. Hope Kiss will be similar. There are lights on the playfield that are still not used and I can't find any significance to selecting the city at the start. Stern Surprise me, I will be doing a minor strip of the playfield over the Christmas break to clean it so it looks like a new game when a decent code is released. If next code is as boring as this one, I will have an LE for sale.

Hoping the code drops now.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

stern read this^^^^ we need code asap!!!!

#215 3 years ago

If you haven't already change out the black rubber and put a decal over the spinner disc. I have about 350 games on mine and the playfield still looks new.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If you haven't already change out the black rubber and put a decal over the spinner disc. I have about 350 games on mine and the playfield still looks new.

Mine was covered in Mylar by the factory as they had a ton of of issues.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Played the game first time yesterday; loved the looks. Now I want one !?!

Wait a week or two. If there isn't a "holy shit!" Code drop by mid January, I think you'll start seeing a bunch of lightly used KISS pins on the market.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Wait a week or two. If there isn't a "holy shit!" Code drop by mid January, I think you'll start seeing a bunch of lightly used KISS pins on the market.

I think we are getting a new years update.

#219 3 years ago

It's New Years Kisstory People!! Wooo!

#220 3 years ago

I put a shaker motor in over the holidays and I was very happy with the results. Along with the flipper bat caps and a red under cab light set from Mezel, it's almost starting to look like a rock and roll pin. Now where's that code.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think we are getting a new years update.

This year, or next?

#222 3 years ago

KissLE has made me quit buying new sterns. If someone wants to buy an LE give me a shout!

#223 3 years ago

The music is not original recordings, so it is garbage. The new lyrics to Deuce suck. New KISS code is never coming out. The game is orphaned. It will never improve. ThePIN and Costco BDK are now worth twice as much as KISS LE.

The best thing to do is part out your game while your parts are still good. Start your bidding at $1 for a fully populated LE or Premium playfield and hope that someone bids it up to $75 or so. Even better, try to trade your game for a broken EM and you might get lucky....

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

This year, or next?

TBD

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The new lyrics to Deuce suck.

What part is new?

#226 3 years ago

Paul Stanley "Hey people.. You know you got to get some Stern code before the New year comes. Wooooo!"
"Get on the phone, call Stern let them know that Kiss Nation is looking for their code. "

kiss_(resized).jpg

#227 3 years ago

I guess next year then...... Hoping they release it tomorrow.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I guess next year then...... Hoping they release it tomorrow.

Are you going to come here everyday and post your hope?

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope so....

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably until it drops or I sell the game. I like Kiss and currently hate the pin.

#231 3 years ago

Keep coming and posting Hank - Since you can't post on Sterns Facebook without getting banned this is about the only voice owners have. Hell its your post - hope away........ heres hoping it's a game changer!

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Probably until it drops or I sell the game. I like Kiss and currently hate the pin.

If I had kept my KISS pro I would have been beyond fed-up by now with the lack of code (or news of code) bullshit. And the thing is, once you get that fed up with a game, your experience with it can be permanently tarnished and it will never be as enjoyable as it should have been. For example, Aurich stated he sold his STLE for that very reason. This is the hallmark of Stern's commitment to quality code.

Rob

#233 3 years ago

I get that it's a music pin, but the music becomes over powering and my wife says she is tired of hearing the same songs constantly. I hope somehow the music can be better integrated, along with callouts - and the spinner sound annoys me. I really think WOZ kinda ruined things for me and now I compare every pin to it...... I was hoping Kiss premium would have a awesome light show with the color changing LED's, but I don't really notice much but target colors & progress stuff. This is Kiss - they were known for their awesome shows - the pin should be amazing to look at but the color changing led's are lamo as is. Here's hoping for a fix soon!

#234 3 years ago

As long as the industry keeps supporting Stern like this they will continue to provide this product.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Software by Lonnie Ropp, Tanio Klyce, Mike Kyzivat. They made Star Trek and that game turned out great. Once the code gets fleshed out it will be fine. I'm having fun with my game as it is, but yes it needs more.

kisscode_(resized).jpg

The layout is what just saves ST. The code is good at best but has never done justice to that great design from Richie. I've owned a pro and a premium. Sold both as the code simply is not up to scratch... Medals in Star Trek? still baffles me.

We all knows he's the king of code but look at lyman on acdc met and TWD, then the kiss owners get shafted with ropp the flop. Kiss is a beautiful table. Unfortunately I sold my pro but I do hope I regret it one day.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Keep coming and posting Hank - Since you can't post on Sterns Facebook without getting banned this is about the only voice owners have. Hell its your post - hope away........ heres hoping it's a game changer!

It's been two months since I turned Kiss on. Just wanting to play the game again... right now I play got and twd. I would like to want to play Kiss.

#237 3 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I shopped it out and haven't turned it on until the new code arrives. I refuse to play it until that happens so it just sits.

#239 3 years ago

NEVER EVER !! buy a game what Lonny Ropp did the code for !!!

#240 3 years ago

Wow, really guys, you buy a game with incomplete code then bitch cuz code is incomplete. After seeing how long it took to code MET and ST your still bitching that it takes too long to drop code.

Buy a finished game or dont bitch about the process.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The music is not original recordings, so it is garbage. The new lyrics to Deuce suck...

I agree. Pin browser is your friend. I have all live tracks from alive and alive II in the game. Makes a huge difference to me. God of Thunder for Demon MB, Fire House for HTH, Cold gin for Black Diamond, Strutter for Deuce, Duece for Lick it up, and Shock me for Love it Loud.

Now on the code update, who knows. It's funny being the last day of the year people are now saying Jan. Time to just tune it out. The new songs will hold me over for awhile but once that shine is off and no code; the game will go. This coming from a huge KISS fan up to about 1980..

#242 3 years ago

I, wanna rock n roll a new code, and play it everyday.

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

After seeing how long it took to code MET and ST your still bitching that it takes too long to drop code.

In the initial 4 months of MET, stern released FIVE Code updates that included meaningful feature/playable enhancements. KISS, at best, has had TWO.

Nobody is bitching that code is incomplete...Buy within 12 months of release and you expect that.

People are bitching about the time between (sorely needed) code releases for KISS.

Sell incomplete products, expect bitchy customers....Blaming the customer is simply a diversion.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

In the initial 4 months of MET, stern released FIVE Code updates that included meaningful feature/playable enhancements. KISS, at best, has had TWO.
Nobody is bitching that code is incomplete...Buy within 12 months of release and you expect that.
People are bitching about the time between (sorely needed) code releases for KISS.
Sell incomplete products, expect bitchy customers....Blaming the customer is simply a diversion.

Here, here! There have been zero significant updates to kiss in 6 months. This certainly warrants complaints.

Will we get code today?

#245 3 years ago

fingers-crossed1_(resized).png

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Wow, really guys, you buy a game with incomplete code then bitch cuz code is incomplete. After seeing how long it took to code MET and ST your still bitching that it takes too long to drop code.
Buy a finished game or dont bitch about the process.

What I find funny about this is that KISS is actually doing pretty well at the same point in time compared to Star Trek or Metallica. It has a wizard mode to work towards, goals to complete, a variety of shot patterns for each song, hurry ups, Super modes and more. Metallica in particular barely had any of that six months in. I get the frustration with a lack of updates from Stern, but everyone knows this is standard procedure for them. I am certain the code will come like with most recent Sterns. Just give it time and be patient.

#247 3 years ago

Looks like today won't be the day. Oh well, still a fun game and hopefully good things are on the horizon.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looks like today won't be the day. Oh well, still a fun game and hopefully good things are on the horizon.

I agree. I do think we are well overdue for an update. Come on guys throw your buyers a bone to show you care about us... Plenty of us bought KISS many indicated it sold well not sure why other pins are getting regular updates while we kinda twist in the wind...

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from akm:

What I find funny about this is that KISS is actually doing pretty well at the same point in time compared to Star Trek or Metallica. It has a wizard mode to work towards, goals to complete, a variety of shot patterns for each song, hurry ups, Super modes and more. Metallica in particular barely had any of that six months in. I get the frustration with a lack of updates from Stern, but everyone knows this is standard procedure for them. I am certain the code will come like with most recent Sterns. Just give it time and be patient.

It's not just what is missing, it's what is already there that annoyed me about the code. There was no 'earning' many of the game features because it was mostly random awards from the scoop. I don't see than changing either.

Rob

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree. I do think we are well overdue for an update. Come on guys throw your buyers a bone to show you care about us... Plenty of us bought KISS many indicated it sold well not sure why other pins are getting regular updates while we kinda twist in the wind...

I heard people were beta testing last week. Kiss has me wanting to be done with Stern. Instead of being done, I have promised myself to stay far away from Lonnie games. No code today means zero future NIB Lonnie games. History has proven Lonnie games do not get completely finished. It's no longer worth my frustration.

Off to play AMH.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 21.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.95
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside