update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 8 years ago

Gentle warning to everyone before it escalates:
Please be nice and stay on topic... Kiss code.

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Zzzzzzzzz wake me when you figure it out. Not gonna explain it to you on a thread. Email me if you need better understanding but no a car won't help you sorry.

Thanks. Glad you could clarify.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

That driveway looks very familiar....
Any chance you know kaneda?

Kaneda mentioned in this video. It's pretty funny.

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Kaneda mentioned in this video. It's pretty funny. » YouTube video

People like him come and go. He's was a confused kid trying to convince people his life was in order by showing off his car.

Quoted from Bing_Party:

You should see how he singlehandedly messed up the Pepsi perfect promotion.

Oh, and he has a pinball podcast. And owns 1 pin.

#505 8 years ago

People like him come and go. He's was a confused kid trying to convince people his life was in order by showing off his car.

Back on topic though, sounding like KISS code won't be out tomorrow but for sure within 8 weeks...lots of rumors coalescing around a <2 month wait.

#506 8 years ago

Back on topic though, sounding like KISS code won't be out tomorrow but for sure within 8 weeks...lots of rumors coalescing around a <2 month wait.

Why are you saying 8 weeks? You know that for sure or just spreading more rumours ?

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Why are you saying 8 weeks? You know that for sure or just spreading more rumours ?

Just spreading rumors.

#508 8 years ago

Although I don't own a Kiss pin, I still like to read this topic everyday because I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up a Pro version within the next couple of weeks/months.

I know Stern will eventually release the code for it and when they do I think it will put it over the top. Why? Well, it has a cool band that has a huge fan base following, the pin looks great with hand-drawn art (can you say GB and Metallica), great designer, cool shots and I can see myself modding my pro out with the Mezel Mods' lighted amp, Detroit Rock City sign and LED light in Gene's mouth. Plus, I'm a sucker for those big heads sticking out of pinball machines (RS, FH). LOL

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I think it will put it over the top.

That can only happen if its a big rewrite...Not just a polish on existing code. Outside of that I agree with everything you said. Its a work of art with a beautiful light show. I love the shots and features (though the genes head spinner should be reworked into something aggressive instead of a dribble)...

#510 8 years ago

Oh i definitely don't know him lol. I collect cars and I am confused at least once a day though. I hope rumors are true about kiss code coming. I would like to play it again when summer comes and I am sure a arcade at the shore will have it.

#511 8 years ago

Indypin's post just gave me an idea. How cool would it have been if Gene's head had moving eyes like FH or RS? That would be one Hell of a mod!!

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Indypin's post just gave me an idea. How cool would it have been if Gene's head had moving eyes like FH or RS? That would be one Hell of a mod!!

How about a glowing cigarette on the end of the mouth that moves when he grunts.... Not sure if he was a smoker though.

Nahhh Now that I think about it, that wont work. Another broken part....

2 months later
#514 7 years ago

Okay, I'm an official Kiss owner now. Well, not exactly. But I did purchase one and hopefully it will ship this week. I got the mods I wanted for it, so I can't wait to get the pin and mod it to my satisfaction. I'm thinking it's going to look sweet sitting next to Met.

Just really torn right now on the topper. I think it looks sweet and would really add to the bling of the pin with its elaborate light show, just second guessing because of the price. Any owners care to elaborate on their topper and they're love or dislike of it?

Anyway, glad I'm in the club and can only hope Stern releases a new code for it soon. I'm thinking and hoping a BIG 4th of July update since it will be at the end of a long weekend. I recall thinking Stern released some big updates last year around Memorial Day or the 4th of July weekends.

#515 7 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club! I absolutely love my topper. But I will say since you're on the fence about the cost (and I don't blame you) I rarely look at it unless I'm walking up to it. The interactive features are cool but I'm so concentrated on the playfield. However, if you want the ultimate bling and can swing the $$$ I say do it! It's one of Stern's best toppers. Here's my Premium with the topper. Have fun!

#516 7 years ago

Unpacked my LE last week; great game!

#517 7 years ago

The topper is great and very interactive. Its way too bright though and needs the yellow filter. I got the topper and the filter on mine and dont regret the purchase.

#518 7 years ago

Thanks Fellas. My wife is going to buy the topper for me as a Father's Day gift. That's what I like about pinside. I ask a question and before you know it, some pinheads respond back and even post a video of the topper in action. Thanks Thundergod and Robotron

#519 7 years ago

Seems like you have a pretty cool wife to buy you the topper. Hope you enjoy your KISS. Which model did you get?

#520 7 years ago

I have the topper as well. Took me a while to bite the bullet due to the price tag, but man it's awesome.

#521 7 years ago

Thanks Thundergod. I got the Pro version, and it was hard as hell to find NIB. Luckily, Melissa from Cointakers hooked me up with it. Hopefully to get it this week. I just bought the topper and I already ordered the Mezel mods lighted amplifier, lights inside Gene's mouth and the Detroit Rock City sign, plus some mirror blades.

The Mrs. doesn't play pinball, but she supports my hobby. She knows I enjoy playing and collecting them, plus having some friends over to enjoy them as well. When I have company over, she always makes sure they're fed. She said she thought it would look cool with the KISS topper lighting up the gameroom. LOL Happily married 29 years, so yeah I'm one of the older pinsiders.

#522 7 years ago

BTW, you pin looks awesome. I already watched your Youtube video (3) times! LOL

#523 7 years ago

Thanks I appreciate it! The Mezel lighted amp is one of my fav mods.

#524 7 years ago

Congrats and welcome to the club! I absolutely love my topper. But I will say since you're on the fence about the cost (and I don't blame you) I rarely look at it unless I'm walking up to it. The interactive features are cool but I'm so concentrated on the playfield. However, if you want the ultimate bling and can swing the $$$ I say do it! It's one of Stern's best toppers. Here's my Premium with the topper. Have fun!
» YouTube video

Wow that topper looks awesome thx for sharing

#525 7 years ago

Have the topper. Love it! Gives you a more complete concert feel with the game-play and call-outs. Hard to justify until you see it in person. Worth it. I definitely toned it down. The yellow filter at PBL will work. I ended up cutting a piece of clear plexi and the had to sandwich two layers of window tinting to get it to a nice level of brightness for my game room. I wanted my topper white as opposed to yellow... just personal preference.

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

these Hitler things bust me up! LMAO

#527 7 years ago

Just played for the first time in a long time. Still getting the awful bass glitch. Just killed my game cause it was all I needed. I hit it 3 times.

#528 7 years ago

You know, reading this thread there are more people talking about mods and toppers than actually playing the game.

#529 7 years ago

Just putting in some ingredients in the crock pot, waiting for the final code to make it delicious!

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You know, reading this thread there are more people talking about mods and toppers than actually playing the game.

Try reading the first 10 pages of the thread.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Who?

#532 7 years ago

Try reading the first 10 pages of the thread.

Apart from that.

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Apart from that.

Actually there is another thread talking about the new code. Kinda surprised there isn't more talk about it. Major improvement and I think there's something for most levels of players. I tell the casual or novice player to just hit the lit arrows and demon head and try for multiballs. Other more experienced players I explain the grid to them. No casual player wants to be told they have to hit that right ramp 4x just to light the instruments. Starting to think that more units went to KISS collectors than pinheads. If true it's kind of a shame. KISS doesn't deserve the bad rap it's been given. At least most of the code bitching has subsided.

#534 7 years ago

Actually there is another thread talking about the new code. Kinda surprised there isn't more talk about it. Major improvement and I think there's something for most levels of players. I tell the casual or novice player to just hit the lit arrows and demon head and try for multiballs. Other more experienced players I explain the grid to them. No casual player wants to be told they have to hit that right ramp 4x just to light the instruments. Starting to think that more units went to KISS collectors than pinheads. If true it's kind of a shame. KISS doesn't deserve the bad rap it's been given. At least most of the code bitching has subsided.

I agree with the above. I think the code is a great improvement and the game really does give you an experience of being in concert (which it is meant to do). I ran a poll asking long-term value of Kiss LE vs Ghostbusters LE on Pinside and I was a bit surprised that over 80% voted for Ghostbusters. I do understand that the mass appeal of Ghostbusters is there, however, Kiss with the new code really has an opportunity to be re-looked. I had played the game with my wife in an arcade and we both are not huge fans of Kiss. But, when we played the game vs WOZ, TH - it just seemed that much more fun.

#535 7 years ago

I really like the look of the layout so it's good to know that the code is getting there. Would you say it still needs more work ?

#536 7 years ago

Definitely!! The cities need to be tied into the game. Right now they're pointless. So many possible game scenarios that others have pointed out. Lighting is awesome but could use a few tweaks here and there. SDTM from Gene's head is a big gripe for some. More song choices. I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions. On a side note, the handrawn art is fantastic!! MET, KISS, SMVE and now GB. Stern should never release another pin without handrawn art.

#537 7 years ago

I'm done with KISS and have thrown mine off of a building. Sorry rambling venting here.
I have adjusted the Gene head so many times and it just doesn't get enough turn. SDTM every time every ball it just ruins it. Im at the point where Im going to have to drill the holes larger or something drastic.

#538 7 years ago

The new code is very good. KISS needs one more big code release and then some tweaks.

It gets a ton of play in my house and is a neighborhood favorite.

#539 7 years ago

Kiss fan here and used to own a pro. It's now been just over a month I packed mine up to ship out and played for the last time. I don't miss it. I have a small 5 game collection which is currently at 4. I did play the newest update and enjoyed the added rewards for completing songs, the adjustability on how to play the instruments, and the reward for completing the grid twice (HOF MB). It took a lot of the "chopping wood" feel and gave you smaller goals to achieve as you progress through to Kiss army and Rock City. While the multipliers add strategy; the game still felt to me much more linear in its progression than say ST or TWD (the game that replaced KISS).

I really wanted this game to be special as KiSS was a large part of my adolescence in the last 70s. On the flip side the games I prefer (ST and TWD) couldnt be more unappealing in theme. Kiss isn't an awful game. There are just games I like More so it was time to leave.

YMMV

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

Stern sent a tech to my house and couldn't even fix the issues (not code related)

What are the issues your having? I just picked up a LE and the right flipper is intermittent with weakness , I hope it's a flaky EOS switch.

I love the layout and art package with this pin, can't wait to see what hey do with the cities. It's a keeper for me.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#541 7 years ago

stern is really screwing their customers with the code. kiss pin shipped with beta code, the update to me was just ok and now it seems its on the backburner again. crazy how they get away with this crap. my last pin purchases:
space shuttle, cue ball wizard, space station, black knight. trying to buy some classic pins and stay away from the new stuff. I have a gb le on order and paid for. I am really not anxious to receive it neither, I have barely watched gameplay video of le/premium.
the whole code situation really sucks, to me this is a big complaint along with the quality issues.

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

I'm done with KISS and have thrown mine off of a building. Sorry rambling venting here.
I have adjusted the Gene head so many times and it just doesn't get enough turn. SDTM every time every ball it just ruins it. Im at the point where Im going to have to drill the holes larger or something drastic.

At this point I would've asked my distributor for another machine in playable condition. No one should have to go thru what you have. There's always a lemon somewhere.

2 weeks later
#543 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

stern is really screwing their customers with the code

Yup

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

. trying to buy some classic pins and stay away from the new stuff.

Consider it done

#545 7 years ago

I am happy with the tz I got 2 weeks ago. live and learn!

#546 7 years ago

After many emails and complaints, a factory tech visit to my house... Stern finally sent me a new Gene head. Now I got to find time to install it and hope it helps. If not, Im going to be drilling the crap out of the holes on the old head.

It looks like they have allowed more room for adjustment of the head by slotting the holes in the mounting brackets. It proves they do listen to feedback... and they knew there was a problem... you just got to argue to get them to do anything. I don't want to even add up the number of hours spent on this pin. Would it have been better to have held this pin back for more testing??

#547 7 years ago

hope it works out keep us posted.

#548 7 years ago

With the new code, I think this game has really improved. Things like the shot multipliers and the double scoring during Demon Multiball add a little bit more strategy that you can experiment with during gameplay.

Plenty of room for polish, definitely, but I'm still enjoying it. Perhaps -- at this point -- it isn't on the same level as Metallica or AC/DC personally, but the new revision has made KISS way better than it was in the past. And so I hope further code updates will make it rise up to the same level of these two other "music"-themed games from Stern.

I'd like to maybe see more animations, speech (can be a little repetitious at times), and perhaps some more purpose to the cities; I think they have a lot of potential to be an interesting game mechanic.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

After many emails and complaints, a factory tech visit to my house... Stern finally sent me a new Gene head. Now I got to find time to install it and hope it helps. If not, Im going to be drilling the crap out of the holes on the old head.
It looks like they have allowed more room for adjustment of the head by slotting the holes in the mounting brackets. It proves they do listen to feedback... and they knew there was a problem... you just got to argue to get them to do anything. I don't want to even add up the number of hours spent on this pin. Would it have been better to have held this pin back for more testing??

The gene head absolutely ruined this game. I have to take mine apart AGAIN cause its not finding the ball. Absolute loser. They should recall all of them and redo them.

#550 7 years ago

Played Kiss LE a lot at the railroad the other night, fun pin. I really enjoy it. Will be going on my wish list for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-someone-convince-me-its-good/page/11?hl=docock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.