Topic Stats

• 551 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pizza-Bob
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 34 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
z06_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-03-05_at_8.51.41_AM_(resized).png
IMG_3177_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpg
49622656_(resized).jpg
update_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2016-01-04_at_9.59.18_PM_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_2.37.47_PM_(resized).png
gENE_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-01-01_at_9.47.55_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.
#451 4 years ago

No its a 20 sec mode where everything is 2x scoring. Once its done it goes back to the song you were on.

#452 4 years ago

Well I was going to buy the LE #2. It's actually in a bar near my house with a bunch of other pins. After I played it for a good hour I am just depressed cause I have the original Ballys Kiss and i wanted to plop it next to it. The play is just not satisfying imo. So I put a deposit on a premium ghostbusters. So much for the kiss theme. Well at least I know I can probably pick up a kiss premium in 5 years for under 4K. People gonna get bored of this turd fast and there will be way too many for sale. Maybe new code will help but I got this bad feeling that stern will put minimum into it

#453 4 years ago

Love my Kiss LE. Play it most frequently. Its not a crime to be good to yourself.....Lick it Up.
Don't give a rats crap about code. Code? we don't need no stinkin' code... we have rock and roll baby, lick it up!!

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Well I was going to buy the LE #2. It's actually in a bar near my house with a bunch of other pins. After I played it for a good hour I am just depressed cause I have the original Ballys Kiss and i wanted to plop it next to it. The play is just not satisfying imo. So I put a deposit on a premium ghostbusters. So much for the kiss theme. Well at least I know I can probably pick up a kiss premium in 5 years for under 4K. People gonna get bored of this turd fast and there will be way too many for sale. Maybe new code will help but I got this bad feeling that stern will put minimum into it

Am I the only one that thinks the Bally kiss plays like a turd?

#455 4 years ago

Hell I think gorgar has the old Bally kiss beat.

#456 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Am I the only one that thinks the Bally kiss plays like a turd?

Nope!

#457 4 years ago

I really like my KISS Premium, but I can see myself getting bored with it by the end of the year. At this point, I think it's a satisfying game (for the most part) and fun to play with the current code, which does make me excited to see an update. My only gripe is the right ramp is so tough that sometimes it takes the fun out of the game.

If I do get tired of it, hopefully Ghostbusters is a quality game and maybe I'll pick that up instead.

#458 4 years ago

Who preorders a new incomplete game while complaining about their old incomplete game?

Pinside

Anyone buying GB today deserves their incomplete KISS

Way to show Stern lol

#459 4 years ago

It does play like a turd lol. I bought it cause I am a kiss fan and the artwork is cool. I have Blitz 99, golden tee 2015, sopranos pinball, multicade and kiss. And sad to say kiss is least played but coolest looking retro machine. I don't need a 2nd pinball that plays like a turd hence the move to GB. I'm a big Kiss fan too but there is no way I want to machines that are boring, one is enough. I can play kiss on my stereo if I want the tracks. I do hope they save the second Kiss turd

#460 4 years ago

there are so many Kiss LE still for sale and now I find the #2 below what he paid. Meanwhile GB sold out all LE in 6 hours. Gb will be a huge success and more effort in code. I don't think it will take over a year like this Kiss machine. I hope this new Kiss does make a comeback otherwise buy it on sale in a couple of years to compete a theme. TWD comeback I hope, and I will add it later

#461 4 years ago

I don't think stern makes physically good machines. TWD comes through the bumpers and STDM just like KISS. The right ramp is too tight and the left orbit is too tough with the bumpers. I know of 3 in the wild locally and don't think they are doing well at all. the average player doesn't want a machine like this. As usual the STDM Gene is just awful.

I pre-ordered mine hoping it would play well. Ill never never pre-order a game again. Lesson learned.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

The right ramp is too tight and the left orbit is too tough with the bumpers

thats thrue, hard shoots to make
as most of others pins with the shoot in the bumpers (xmen, tron, south park, simpsons,... )
so satisfying when you get it and if not, also that feeling to came back over & over to finally did it
but yes, i can understand than a less good player can quickly become disgusted by the game
not always easy to found the good balance between too hard and too easy

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I don't think stern makes physically good machines. TWD comes through the bumpers and STDM just like KISS. The right ramp is too tight and the left orbit is too tough with the bumpers. I know of 3 in the wild locally and don't think they are doing well at all. the average player doesn't want a machine like this. As usual the STDM Gene is just awfu.l

Valid points for sure. I recently waxed mine and now I have to readjust all my shots. Grrr!

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

You seem way too over dramatic about Kiss being a "turd". I find it funny how many are on the "turd band wagon" just because the code is late. No way this playfield is boring.. if flows great, has great shots, the glaring problem IS THE CODE. Borg does a great job of making a good game, but he can't control the code. Get over it bro.

And the classic part of your post? Hey, I'm going to jump on both the Kiss turd train AND then catch the GB is the greatest game Hype train. Classic if you ask me. We'll see in 6-9 months just how good GB is... if you think you can make that determination now, you truly are a newb.

#465 4 years ago

I don't know about most people here, but I get the sense from some that "tough" shots in pinball are a bad thing. Shooting up through four pop bumpers is a hard shot on any pinball, that's why the shot is there. It's the same difficulty as TRON's right orbit shot, and nobody complains about that . Personally, when I hit a shot that's hard to make, I get a great feeling of accomplishment. That's what makes pinball "fun" to me, and not boring. To each their own I guess, but if you find certain shots hard to make, try flattening out your pitch and try again.

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I don't know about most people here, but I get the sense from some that "tough" shots in pinball are a bad thing. Shooting up through four pop bumpers is a hard shot on any pinball, that's why the shot is there. It's the same difficulty as TRON's right orbit shot, and nobody complains about that . Personally, when I hit a shot that's hard to make, I get a great feeling of accomplishment. That's what makes pinball "fun" to me, and not boring. To each their own I guess, but if you find certain shots hard to make, try flattening out your pitch and try again.

This is exactly how I feel about kiss. I love that the shots are hard to make, it's what keeps me coming back for more.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

As usual the STDM Gene is just awful.

FWIW, I've had Gene go SDTM maybe 5 times in the life of my KISS...Including during Demon multiball...

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

FWIW, I've had Gene go SDTM maybe 5 times in the life of my KISS...Including during Demon multiball...

It doesn't go SDTM on mine.

#469 4 years ago

Same here. My TWD dont have it either.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

You seem way too over dramatic about Kiss being a "turd". I find it funny how many are on the "turd band wagon" just because the code is late. No way this playfield is boring.. if flows great, has great shots, the glaring problem IS THE CODE. Borg does a great job of making a good game, but he can't control the code. Get over it bro.
And the classic part of your post? Hey, I'm going to jump on both the Kiss turd train AND then catch the GB is the greatest game Hype train. Classic if you ask me. We'll see in 6-9 months just how good GB is... if you think you can make that determination now, you truly are a newb.

Well I was excited to see something new for Kiss but like I said I was just disappointed after playing it. Yes I am a newbie but that's because I rarely look into buying games for my basement. I got a life. Rather be a newbie then a hipster lol. Code is late? Trying looking at it from a a business point of view. They are going to ride the Kiss name but you being a hipster, you think you are always right. Meanwhile I been selling in the tech sector past 20 years and what would I know?? I know on sales alone they will work the code on Gb and make is destine to be a classic, it's all about sales and the more they sell the more budget it gets. So yeah I will be very happy with GB 6-9 months out. Glad to go with my gut on this, it's never let me down when it comes to deals

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got a life. Rather be a newbie then a hipster lol.

image_(resized).jpeg

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

They are going to ride the Kiss name but you being a hipster, you think you are always right. Meanwhile I been selling in the tech sector past 20 years and what would I know?? I know on sales alone they will work the code on Gb and make is destine to be a classic, it's all about sales and the more they sell the more budget it gets. So yeah I will be very happy with GB 6-9 months out. Glad to go with my gut on this, it's never let me down when it comes to deals

so kiss is riding on its name so it doesn't need better code...but GB's cant rely on its name so therefore it needs better code....

huh

#473 4 years ago

KISS makes much more money touring now than they ever did. I could find some links. They definitely do OK.

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Well I was excited to see something new for Kiss but like I said I was just disappointed after playing it. Yes I am a newbie but that's because I rarely look into buying games for my basement. I got a life. Rather be a newbie then a hipster lol. Code is late? Trying looking at it from a a business point of view. They are going to ride the Kiss name but you being a hipster, you think you are always right. Meanwhile I been selling in the tech sector past 20 years and what would I know?? I know on sales alone they will work the code on Gb and make is destine to be a classic, it's all about sales and the more they sell the more budget it gets. So yeah I will be very happy with GB 6-9 months out. Glad to go with my gut on this, it's never let me down when it comes to deals

Prob not a good idea to come on a board and insult every single person. In your opinion what can I do so I "have a life" like you do? Please clarify.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I got a life. Meanwhile I been selling in the tech sector past 20 years and what would I know??

I know you "got a life" and don't know what you know. Glad you are confident what will become a "classic"!

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

METLE sold out crazy fast and it's code sucked for what seemed like forever. ST also sold well and it's code took forever to get done. TWD sucked for 9 months before it started to come to life. Seeing a trend?

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

METLE sold out crazy fast and it's code sucked for what seemed like forever. ST also sold well and it's code took forever to get done. TWD sucked for 9 months before it started to come to life. Seeing a trend?

really good point and I hope it makes that comeback as I really love the band and the theme in the basement. I guess we will see...I will try to be less harsh folks. I am on Rennlist all the time and it seems like they got some serious thick skin. Sometimes writing words but not hearing the tone makes things sound more insulting than casual joking around...gotta go sell more crabbie patties

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

really good point and I hope it makes that comeback as I really love the band and the theme in the basement. I guess we will see...I will try to be less harsh folks. I am on Rennlist all the time and it seems like they got some serious thick skin. Sometimes writing words but not hearing the tone makes things sound more insulting than casual joking around...gotta go sell more crabbie patties

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind. I know from first hand experience that 9 months waiting for code on a new game feels like an eternity. Stern has a good history of making it right though. Lots of good games from stern with complete to near complete code.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I am on Rennlist all the time

Tell us all again about how much of a life you have lol!

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I so remember playing TWD when it first came out and you are 100% correct on this. KISS will get there and when it does this is gonna be one great pin. Just wish someone could get the Kiss Zombie Yeti art on it.

#481 4 years ago

I owned a Kiss Pro and sold it relatively quickly... I love the theme and artwork, and updated code will help - but I still don't see it ever reaching Metallica level in terms of overall gameplay.

#482 4 years ago

so kiss is riding on its name so it doesn't need better code...but GB's cant rely on its name so therefore it needs better code....
huh

Correct, not trying to tick off the kiss pin owners, Kiss is my favorite band...Kiss is marketing machine...I got some much Kiss crap that I don't even know where to store it. Kiss coffin is the best (no I don't own one). That being said Ghostbusters barely markets anything and hasn't made a peep in years. So out of the gate I think GB is gonna look and play great and folks we can see that on the early videos, people are gushing over this machine. If the LE sold out in 6 hours and presales are through the roof for other modules, where do you think Stern is going to put the budget monies? Look that last Kiss code release was for the topper, the topper!! Why? Pure greed but that's business, they needed code and they gave you a topper. I think the GB theme alone lends itself to be a classic and all the code that they can do with the halograms and magnets...well who knows but the potential looks great.

#483 4 years ago

Tell us all again about how much of a life you have lol!

I cant win
Rennlist = I have a huge weakness for carsz06_(resized).JPG

#484 4 years ago

Less KISS crap. Buy more pins!!

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

If the LE sold out in 6 hours and presales are through the roof

This.

GB could ship with beta code and all of that still would have happened. It was literally sold out before it was even officially announced.

If any game needs code to further its sales its games like kiss where the fan base initially buys and then future sales are fueled by casual fans and pinheads drawn to good, fully cooked pinball games.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I cant win

So if I buy a yellow car I will have a life?

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I cant win

is that the infiniti with portholes lol?

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

only if its the midlife crisis model!

(I kid I kid)

#489 4 years ago

Hello,
i m french
I have the pinball kiss.
What is the "view tournement data"?
I have names listed in this option but I can not delete them.
Thank you
seb

#490 4 years ago

You should make it a point to always avoid record shows.

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

For you I doubt it, maybe when you stop trolling, maybe. But cars certainly does help

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

nah when you stop trolling, maybe. But cars certainly does help

I see. Im the troll. So if I buy a sportscar in your opinion I will have a life?? Anything else?

#493 4 years ago

The original KISS doesn't so much play like a turd as much as its just dull. Put old and new next to each other and see which one is more appealing visually. With that said I think the 78 is just a beautiful machine. I put frosted natural white LEDS throughout mine and it makes the artwork just pop.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I cant win

That driveway looks very familiar....

Any chance you know kaneda?

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Correct, not trying to tick off the kiss pin owners, Kiss is my favorite band...Kiss is marketing machine...I got some much Kiss crap that I don't even know where to store it. Kiss coffin is the best (no I don't own one). That being said Ghostbusters barely markets anything and hasn't made a peep in years. So out of the gate I think GB is gonna look and play great and folks we can see that on the early videos, people are gushing over this machine. If the LE sold out in 6 hours and presales are through the roof for other modules, where do you think Stern is going to put the budget monies? Look that last Kiss code release was for the topper, the topper!! Why? Pure greed but that's business, they needed code and they gave you a topper. I think the GB theme alone lends itself to be a classic and all the code that they can do with the halograms and magnets...well who knows but the potential looks great.

Your assumption that Ghostbusters will be great this early on based on early sales is seriously flawed. I suggest you look up the history of the release of X-men.. exact same hype train all the way. LE's sold out in hours, Dealers were upping their price, it was exactly the same as GB. New, hand drawn art, fancy toys, and a new theme. Game was going to be based on comics, not the movie. OMFG!!!

Game was released, and people started to realize that it wasn't all it was hyped up to be.. within a few months, people were dumping LE's for losses at $1K or more. You could blame the code which was the most glaring problem, but the more people played it, the more the unique layout/style of the playfield turned some people off. The wolverine toy became a love/hate thing, and the call-outs (yep, the audio) became almost like nails going down a chalkboard to some.

What's my point? You're statements about GB are based all on hype at this point, regardless if the game is actually good or not (or better than Kiss or not). Makes me thing you jumped on the "kiss is a turd train" in the same way.

Let's also look at games that had code that wasn't widely accepted at first, and games weren't considered very good (or in your word, "turd"). Ironman, Walking Dead, AC/DC, and Star Trek to name a few.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Trend = Lonnie games take forever and are fair. Lyman games take forever and are great.

#497 4 years ago

Good points. And I appreciate the good advise. But I committed to it with a deposit but luckily the LE units ship way before the premiums so if I start reading reviews that is not very good I can cancel with no penalty so I feel it has little risk. I think the folks that bought the LE are at risk. Just going with my gut on # of sales vs what type of budget they will put in place to make sure the code is as good as the machine looks. If i don't like it I will sell it to a neighbor and knock 1k off. As for Kiss, when I played it I felt it was missing something that may be bigger than code. Turd may be harsh, severely disappointed probably better. And the other thing that makes me think is that SW update that was just for the topper. if they had other finished code, even a small amount, wouldn't you have it put in with the code that got the topper working? Maybe I am over anlyzing it. Would love to eventually own it, it's cool looking unit

#498 4 years ago

That driveway looks very familiar....
Any chance you know kaneda?

I don't know that name, sounds like APAC type name

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I see. Im the troll. So if I buy a sportscar in your opinion I will have a life?? Anything else

Zzzzzzzzz wake me when you figure it out. Not gonna explain it to you on a thread. Email me if you need better understanding but no a car won't help you sorry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 551 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside