Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

Easier skill shot ideas ...

Soft plunge .... <3 switch hits

- straight into Gene = Demon Skill Shot 500k

- straight into Paul area = Starchild Skill Shot 500k

Easy.

rd

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The above is doesn't really add much to the game and not much in the way of skill

Most Stern skill shots require skill?

My version is similar to the Metallica super skill shot.

The problem is, if you start making rules too complicated (as per a lot of fanciful suggestions we see proposed on Pinside) you start ruining the game for 95% of people.

That's why GOT LEs aren't selling for $6000 ... NOBODY UNDERSTANDS IT! People walk up to it, and it's confusing and inhospitable. I have a GOT pro and it took a while to learn the rules (I had to read rulesheets and study) and its a great game. My wife is a competent player, but I was trying to explain the GOT rules to her last night and it was all "too much information" lol

Overly complicated rulesets will destroy pinball for the majority of people ie the general public. People in the industry will tell you this behind closed doors.

This is where Lymans rules are genius, HE GETS IT. You need to have the rules straddling a thin line ... deep enough that they engage a pro player, yet simple enough that a person can walk up to a machine, stick in $1, hit the big thing a few times, and a lot of lights start flashing and heaps of balls come out and fly everywhere.

As "advanced players" we always need to remember this. We could selfishly demand super complex confusing rulesets (aka WOZ) but you need to remember about the public who play pinballs on location. If every operator in the world stopped buying pinballs tomorrow, goodbye Stern pinball and their 100,000sqft factory.

Basically, if it takes more that one sentence on a rule card (and a couple of flashing lights) to explain a skill shot ... it's too complex. IMO.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.