Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 7 years ago

I had a thought for how to use the cities in a touring rock band sort of way. The general idea would be to visit each city and collect as many fans (Kiss Army members) as possible before switching cities. There would be a minimum requirement that would increase as the "tour" progressed. After all cities were completed, there should be a "farewell tour" multiball with a dedicated song or something that signifies the completion. Here how I would see this working;

1) choose the first city at game start
2) collect X number of fans every time the KISS and ARMY grids are complete. The KISS and ARMY combos would be somekind of mulitplier/adder. The hurry-ups would also be some kind of multiplier/adder
3) When the minimum number is reached then the backstage pass lights up. Hit the scoop (or on start of the next ball) and pick the next city. Fan collection would increase until the scoop is hit or the start of the next ball.

I think this way of doing it has a few advantages; requires nothing new on the playfield, does not affect any of the other achievements or flow of the game, and it adds a separate "tour" achievement in the mix. When I play I rarely pay attention to the KISS ARMY targets, combos or hurry-ups, so it would give them a real purpose.

-Rob

#26 7 years ago

I posted my bug list to the original 1.28 bug list thread;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-vers-128-thoughts/page/7#post-3354800

Here is a list of what isn't listed in the OP and a couple new ones that I have noticed since.

1) When Love Gun multiball is lit, hitting the ramp doesn't also light an instrument (even though the instrument power on is still lit). Either count the power-on or turn the light off.

2) By default the lit instruments reset with each ball. All other band member achievements are saved through a lost ball (number of demon locks, hit STAR targets, bumper targets for the catman). It seems the instruments should behave the same . It is good to point out that this can be altered in the game menu (which I did because this was driving me nuts!), but IMHO should be default behavior to keep consistency.

3) It seems some song achievements reset after a new ball and some don't. Again, should be made consistent

4) "Special" light doesn't seem to do anything.

5) Hurry up award sounds are too loud and drowns out the songs.

6) It is possible to drain RIGHT after starting Love Gun and loose the ball entirely without the multiball starting. An example of this is hitting the star field drain hole when Love Gun is ready. Sometimes the ball will pop out before the game is done counting a current song award and the ball can go STDM from the STAR field before the multiball starts. This has happened a few time and it drives me crazy.

7) Song progress given for a non lit shot. I see this all the time with Deuce.

8 ) Hitting the Demon head with the Lock lit doesn't always lock the ball. I have noticed this mostly coinciding when the song target is also on the same shot.

9) Increase the default time for the Rock Again after the Demon eject. I have mine set to 4sec and this seems just about right (if not slightly too long) to catch the times when the ball goes STDM and bounces around before draining. The default 2 seconds is too short.

-Rob

1 week later
#48 7 years ago

During an embarrassingly awful game I ran into a new bug. In demon multiball I had two balls follow each other STDM with the third draining the left outlane a second later. I had Front Row lit but for some reason the third ball drain wasn't awarded the kick back. The Front Row stayed lit and the ball was lost. I have triggered Front Row several times during multiballs and this was the first time it was ignored. It was the same kind of punch in the junk feeling as the phony Rock Again during Demon eject STDM drains. Ugh.

1 month later
#55 7 years ago

On the Pro model, is there a way to tell how many times the grid items have been collected? I know on the Prem/LE they are RGB LEDs that change color. If there isn't, then I think this should be added to the bug or wish list. Once the grid is collected, I never know what my progress is toward HOF.

Also, I am convinced the auto adjustment for instrument add-a-ball is broken. I have only ever seen it start at 50 and only drop by 1 each time. If this is true for others, I think this should be added to the bug list as well.

1 month later
#56 6 years ago

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.

3 months later
#73 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.

This is confirmed to still be in 1.30. You cannot collect flashing combo x2 when the flashing shot is the demon. This is true for all songs that I have tried.

(EDIT: Oops! I meant to quote this in the 1.30 thread....)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update?tu=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.