Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

Animations of the originals in lieu of the scabs would make this a win in my book... Along with the proper KISS intro of YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST!!!

Why this does not start the game is a mystery. Actually, it is apparent the game was made/coded by people who have no idea what KISS is.

1 month later
#52 7 years ago

Does anyone know when Stern plans to begin development and release this update?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Does anyone know when Stern plans to begin development and release this update?

Supposedly it's been worked in since last year (on and off, I assume). All Stern has said is that an update is coming, and even that has changed over time. Jody initially said the team was working on a "big" update for KISS, but a few weeks ago he dialed that back and said "I don't know how big it will be" with the implication of the way he said it that it will not be that big.

Who knows? It's coming, we just don't know when or how big it will be.

#54 7 years ago

All I know is that it's been a year & a half and we've had one code update. Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Every other frikkin Stern pin has had multiple code updates since launch and we've had nothing for KISS in almost a year!

Great pin just needs great code to make it a Top 10 game!

1 week later
#55 7 years ago

On the Pro model, is there a way to tell how many times the grid items have been collected? I know on the Prem/LE they are RGB LEDs that change color. If there isn't, then I think this should be added to the bug or wish list. Once the grid is collected, I never know what my progress is toward HOF.

Also, I am convinced the auto adjustment for instrument add-a-ball is broken. I have only ever seen it start at 50 and only drop by 1 each time. If this is true for others, I think this should be added to the bug list as well.

1 month later
#56 6 years ago

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.

#57 6 years ago

are you really thinking KISS will get a new code ?
btw, i'm not laughting to you, as in fact KISS remains on my wanted list, but...

#58 6 years ago

I'll throw in my ideas for City modes, just for fun.

1. City modes run concurrently with song modes, but obviously end at different times.
2. City modes can be changed at the scoop when completed (or launch lane at the start of a new ball, if completed on previous ball).
3. I believe there are 10 cities? I'm not at home to check. Below are examples/ideas. Not sure I listed all the cities, or even the correct cities:
a) New York: x amount of pop bumper hits. Award pop bumpers to the max (or Super Pops) for remainder of ball.
b) Chicago: x amount of spinner hits. Award Super Spinner for remainder of ball.
c) Houston: x amount of KISS hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball.
d) Los Angeles: x amount of ARMY hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball (2x Super Targets if Houston [or Seattle; see below] is already complete). 3x Super Targets if all three are complete.
e) Seattle: x amount of KISS and ARMY hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball (2x Super Targets if Houston or LA are complete;
3x for all three for remainder of ball.
f) Tokyo: Blink the four large "Make-Up" face target inserts and require x amount of each. Blink faster for the last hit required on each
shot. Award a blinking face on the grid for one that isn't already blinking (if all four are already blinking, award a solid).
g) Mexico City: x amount of alternating ramp shots. These don't have to be combos, but more like advancing T2's "Payback Time."
Award Super Ramps for remainder of ball.
h) Portland: x amount of total switch hits. Double whatever is the current Bonus X and hold bonus.
i ) Pittsburgh: x amount of any of the three inlanes combo-ed with any shot [timed] (orbit, right ramp, demon, ramp, Starchild, left
orbit). Award a 2x shot for remainder of ball (if the shot is already 2x for a song completion, that shot becomes doubled).
j) Detroit: Save Detroit for the "World Tour Wizard Mode." All of the above happening at the same time?

Did I miss a city or two? St. Petersburg? Dallas? Atlanta?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

are you really thinking KISS will get a new code ?
btw, i'm not laughting to you, as in fact KISS remains on my wanted list, but...

At this point I would be surprised if there was any future updates. It looks to me like Stern has its hands full with bm66, gb, and any other future games they are planning. I am a software developer and I dont understand why they dont just hire an intern to fix the bugs. I would be absolutely shocked if they added new functionality related to the cities. I believe Stern has given up on this title. I would like to hear what anyone else has to say on this topic.

#60 6 years ago

I don't believe Stern has given up. A new code will be up within the next 6 weeks is what I heard. Actually several games should be updated. I have a Star Trek Premium looking for code update so I sure hope that happens. Also, all those WWE fans need help so I'm rooting for you all out there. Kiss will be a very good title when completed. We all are just tired of waiting over a year for code. Which yeah, that sucks, but hopefully the code will make this title fly off the shelves again. The playfield and cabinet are gorgeous

#61 6 years ago

Waiting patiently

#62 6 years ago

just saw a post from stern a few days ago, said 2 weeks, that's prob been almost a week now. So if true..... any day now.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

just saw a post from stern a few days ago, said 2 weeks, that's prob been almost a week now. So if true..... any day now.

Link?

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

At this point I would be surprised if there was any future updates. It looks to me like Stern has its hands full with bm66, gb, and any other future games they are planning. I am a software developer and I dont understand why they dont just hire an intern to fix the bugs. I would be absolutely shocked if they added new functionality related to the cities. I believe Stern has given up on this title. I would like to hear what anyone else has to say on this topic.

GB is done, Dwight is working on next title now (SW ?)
right about BM66 & Lyman, still on it
Lonnie is on AS, even if he's not knew to make lots of updates or do something very special in his (similars) codes, than AS should be close as finished... and may be, as KISS is more than the "same", he could drop some free time on it !?

again, as always, we just have to wait...

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

GB is done, Dwight is working on next title now (SW ?)
right about BM66 & Lyman, still on it
Lonnie is on AS, even if he's not knew to make lots of updates or do something very special in his (similars) codes, than AS should be close as finished... and may be, as KISS is more than the "same", he could drop some free time on it !?
again, as always, we just have to wait...

Our AS was shipped with the earliest code. In the adjustment menu the multiball was named, "KISS ARMY MULTIBALL".

#66 6 years ago

i know ...

quite all Lonnie codes are following the same "way of doing"

#67 6 years ago

Anybody if KISS sold a lot fewer than other recent titles? I doubt it sold as many as GB but how about others? This is the only reason I can see for just abandoning a game which they appear to have done

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody if KISS sold a lot fewer than other recent titles? I doubt it sold as many as GB but how about others? This is the only reason I can see for just abandoning a game which they appear to have done

Only Stern knows for sure. There were probably strong sales early, and operators say it earns well, so the pros may have sold well. As newer titles were announced, those sales probably tapered off (all speculation on my part). TWD and MET have been helped tremendously with continued sales after code was polished. ST had been announced for about 6 months before MET code had polished CIU modes. MET owners, including myself, thought MET was abandoned.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Only Stern knows for sure. There were probably strong sales early, and operators say it earns well, so the pros may have sold well. As newer titles were announced, those sales probably tapered off (all speculation on my part). TWD and MET have been helped tremendously with continued sales after code was polished. ST had been announced for about 6 months before MET code had polished CIU modes. MET owners, including myself, thought MET was abandoned.

It earns great on route. Very surprising to me, but I can verify firsthand. Those route players mostly don't care about the things that are not polished out because it's pretty full-featured as-is. It's "good enough" for them.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'll throw in my ideas for City modes, just for fun.
1. City modes run concurrently with song modes, but obviously end at different times.
2. City modes can be changed at the scoop when completed (or launch lane at the start of a new ball, if completed on previous ball).
3. I believe there are 10 cities? I'm not at home to check. Below are examples/ideas. Not sure I listed all the cities, or even the correct cities:
a) New York: x amount of pop bumper hits. Award pop bumpers to the max (or Super Pops) for remainder of ball.
b) Chicago: x amount of spinner hits. Award Super Spinner for remainder of ball.
c) Houston: x amount of KISS hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball.
d) Los Angeles: x amount of ARMY hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball (2x Super Targets if Houston [or Seattle; see below] is already complete). 3x Super Targets if all three are complete.
e) Seattle: x amount of KISS and ARMY hits. Award Super Targets for remainder of ball (2x Super Targets if Houston or LA are complete;
3x for all three for remainder of ball.
f) Tokyo: Blink the four large "Make-Up" face target inserts and require x amount of each. Blink faster for the last hit required on each
shot. Award a blinking face on the grid for one that isn't already blinking (if all four are already blinking, award a solid).
g) Mexico City: x amount of alternating ramp shots. These don't have to be combos, but more like advancing T2's "Payback Time."
Award Super Ramps for remainder of ball.
h) Portland: x amount of total switch hits. Double whatever is the current Bonus X and hold bonus.
i ) Pittsburgh: x amount of any of the three inlanes combo-ed with any shot [timed] (orbit, right ramp, demon, ramp, Starchild, left
orbit). Award a 2x shot for remainder of ball (if the shot is already 2x for a song completion, that shot becomes doubled).
j) Detroit: Save Detroit for the "World Tour Wizard Mode." All of the above happening at the same time?
Did I miss a city or two? St. Petersburg? Dallas? Atlanta?

No feedback on this? Whether it actually happens or not is one thing, but discussing it is half the fun!

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

No feedback on this? Whether it actually happens or not is one thing, but discussing it is half the fun!

Probably because it's too big a dream for the update left. Would be great to get this much functionality, but it might also overcomplicate it.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably because it's too big a dream for the update left. Would be great to get this much functionality, but it might also overcomplicate it.

I actually was trying to keep it simple with mostly x number of switch hit modes.

3 months later
#73 6 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Flashing combo shots are not awarded specifically for the Demon shot. I used to think it was only related to Deuce as that song has the bug of awarding non-lit shots. However I have confirmed that other songs do not give a 2x combo for when the shot is flashing either. I am not sure if this also applies when you have set that shot for the 2x song completion multiplier.

This is confirmed to still be in 1.30. You cannot collect flashing combo x2 when the flashing shot is the demon. This is true for all songs that I have tried.

(EDIT: Oops! I meant to quote this in the 1.30 thread....)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-128-bugs-and-wishlist-for-final-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.