Kiss code 1.00??

By pinballnut3

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have heard nothing... There was new code at all the launch parties.

Whats new?
Did they fix the resets?

#2 8 years ago

Code was still Beta at the Madison Launch Party from what I heard.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Whats new?
Did they fix the resets?

Kiss Army Hurry Up, Mode start dots, additional dots, leveled out scoring, faster qualifying for Love Gun MB and the ability to start at the scoop or right ramp. All dots are concert footage ripped from the DVDs. Might be some other stuff I am forgetting, but those were the main things.

No resets for us in 8+ hours of constant multiplayer play.

#4 8 years ago

New code was being tested at Pinvasion II as well. Watched the live stream for a couple hours didn't appear to be any resets. Kiss Army hurry up was present in beta code released with machine.

#5 8 years ago

Anyone have a copy of version 1 code? It's not on Stern's site.

#6 8 years ago

Sounds like a select few are testing it right now.

#7 8 years ago

Is this the first stern game to ship with software below 1.0?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Anyone have a copy of version 1 code? It's not on Stern's site.

Quoted from pinballnut3:

Sounds like a select few are testing it right now.

Code is being tested, not available to the public is correct.

#9 8 years ago

This is the first that I've heard of the resets. My Kiss Pro has reset during gameplay 3 times on me so far (out of about 20 plays), each time was during demon lock under Gene's head. Is this a common problem? I called Stern and left them a message on Saturday to call me back about it but haven't heard anything yet. Any additional info, guys? Thanks!

#10 8 years ago

I experienced a reset during Demon Multiball as well, but it was prior to the launch party. Thankfully, it did not reset during the launch, despite the beta software, as the Madison launch was one of the first KISS pins out the Stern door...

#11 8 years ago

PinFan4Life - I contacted Stern a week back and there is apparently a known issue with the code and resets during Demon multiball, and the latest software should take care of it once released. Thankfully, no resets during the Madison launch while on the beta code!

#12 8 years ago

Thanks so much for the info!

#13 8 years ago

When I spoke to Gomez this morning about our launch party and the game reception, he mentioned that another release is coming very soon, so I don't think the wait will be long for even more features in the game.

#14 8 years ago

I would like to get 1.00 soon! I like the game and am excited to see what unfolds.

I will say that after quite a few more games on it the pro should have come with an up-post on the orbit which could be used to stop a right orbit shot (at select times like after you have enough STAR target hits) and drop the ball down into the starchild gooch hole. As of now the one major flaw to this game design is that making the gooch hole in starchild area is 100% luck. I am not a fan of luck controlled shot in pinball. Hopefully they will figure out a way to decrease this luck factor with new code updates.

#15 8 years ago

And FWIW the code update wasn't 1.0 but the rev is coming soon

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to get 1.00 soon! I like the game and am excited to see what unfolds.
I will say that after quite a few more games on it the pro should have come with an up-post on the orbit which could be used to stop a right orbit shot (at select times like after you have enough STAR target hits) and drop the ball down into the starchild gooch hole. As of now the one major flaw to this game design is that making the gooch hole in starchild area is 100% luck. I am not a fan of luck controlled shot in pinball. Hopefully they will figure out a way to decrease this luck factor with new code updates.

you can start love gun multiball on the right ramp now so you don't need to make that scoopshot anymore.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

you can start love gun multiball on the right ramp now so you don't need to make that scoopshot anymore.

Well that solves one of my major complaints.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Well that solves one of my major complaints.

Yeah, that purple insert lights now and you are able to start at either the scoop or the ramp. Also takes way less hits to qualify. It was the go to MB instead of Demon MB. It still didn't award huge points, but if you bring the right mode in to you can score big since the mode points were significantly increased.

#19 8 years ago

1.00 should be released on Friday.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

glad they have that in the newest code. I will say though that the physical design flaw is a shame that it was not tweaked earlier in the design. It feels like this game was built as the LE and then stripped to the pro?

#21 8 years ago

Anyone have any word on when 1.0 will be released?

#22 8 years ago

Small issue with it. Will be released next week.

#23 8 years ago

The code was updated by Stern just before the launch party at Logan Arcade to 0.94. I doubt anyone was running 1.00 at their launch party if we didn't have it here. Fun game. Looking forward to seeing how the song/city selection will be taken forward.

#24 8 years ago

I heard 1.0 may be released Monday, we'll see.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-code-100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.