(Topic ID: 111871)

KISS: Can't get flipper off to replace it.

By New_Pinhead

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141130_111659.jpg
#1 9 years ago

My left flipper was acting up, and then quit almost completely. I bought a rebuild kit, and am pretty excited to replace both, but I can't get the old flipper off. I must be missing something simple, I'm sure. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

#2 9 years ago

Two set screws holding it ?

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Turns out (because I am a rookie) I did not realize the rebuild kit I bought is for all of the components under the playfield. Not sure why i thought there was anything above.... So I guess if I take apart the existing ass'y, the flipper should just slide out, right?

My original problem was that the flipper was weak and eventually would almost not move at all. Does changing this assembly cure that, or should I be looking at something else as well? And does anyone ever replace the actual flipper itself? If so, where do you get replacements, are they specific to the model of machine?

Thanks again!

If you look at the attached image, the screws I have removed are the 4 socket type ones....

Cheers!

20141130_111659.jpg20141130_111659.jpg
#4 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

Read the whole above, because there are lots of terms and ideas you will want to know as a pin owner, but classic Bally specifics are here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers/page/11

4 weeks later
#5 9 years ago

Thanks a lot Vid!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-cant-get-flipper-off-to-replace-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.