Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG955823.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-07-17_at_6.17.41_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jGraffix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Is anyone else not happy with the KISS cabinet side art as am I? Just feel they took a short cut that didn't pan out. I took it upon myself to design my own cabinet art which I may print out and install on my own KISS premium pin. Wouldn't it be cool if STERN decided to offer an alternate cabinet design like they did with their AC/DC Luci pin? What do you guys think? Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 6.17.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-17 at 6.17.41 PM.png

#7 8 years ago

If it ever got to the point where this was available to the public there are several options available:
1- A complete strip and re-application of graphics
2- Overlay over the original Graphics
3- New Graphics applied to a plastic that covers the original graphic (Original art protected)
4- Get STERN on board to do a special edition such as the AC/DC Luci pin.

#13 8 years ago

These are not being reproduced yet. Nor have I discussed any royalty fees either. Generally speaking there is no norm when it comes to royalty rates but i'm guessing it would fall in the 15 to 20% range.

@Duff I agree with you to a certain point. I understand what they were trying to do. I just hate the fact that they decided to reuse some old KISS art that's been around for decades. The KISS solo album art is iconic. Are you telling me STERN could not afford to have some new are commissioned? I did a quick search on the internet and found David Wilkinson's art right away. I just get the feeling they didn't put any real thought into it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jGraffix.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-cabinet-side-art?tu=jGraffix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.