(Topic ID: 53590)

KISS bulb issues on the suspended light assembly in center of game. Known issues

By Golgotha

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Golgotha
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Golgotha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have six bulb circuits that are out. I verified that it is not the bulbs. The six outages appear to be unrelated. From looking at the Lamp Driver schematic the bulbs are J1-14 (red arrow), J1-16 (red KISS amber arrow), J3-26 (red "S" -left), J3-19 (yellow "S"-left), J3-27 (Yellow KISS amber arrow) and J3-24 (right out special). I verified all bulb sockets are fine and wire is soldered with a good connection. Any things to look for right off the bat before changing transistors? Any help is greatly appreciated. I was thinking of swapping the lamp driver board from another machine and see if that fixes it. That would indicate it IS a board issue and not wiring.

#2 10 years ago

I will check that later this evening and report back. I was curious if there were known issues since the only lights out are on this assembly.

#5 10 years ago

I am planning on reflowing them today after work. I will post updates. I verified that the KISS lights that were not working was due to Q6 on the aux lamp board. Parts are on order from Steve. So the 6 lights are my only issues left.

#6 10 years ago

Partial good news. The one transistor I verified died was replaced and the aux lamp board works perfectly with the KISS chase lights. Unfortunately I just reflowed the connectors on the Lamp driver board and it made no change to my lights that are not working. These are: The six outages appear to be unrelated. From looking at the Lamp Driver schematic the bulbs are J1-14 (red arrow), J1-16 (red KISS amber arrow), J3-26 (red "S" -left), J3-19 (yellow "S"-left), J3-27 (Yellow KISS amber arrow) and J3-24 (right out special).

#8 10 years ago

Well, I found a guy selling a Lamp driver board that was tested and worked 100%. I got the board for $50 including shipping. I swapped it out and every one of my light issues are now working fine! and I can replace the parts and have the old board as a spare.
He was a real nice guy. So now I just have to restore some cabinet damage touch up the playfield and then repaint the cabinet and then it is off to its new owner. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 199.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Golgotha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-bulb-issues-on-the-suspended-light-assembly-in-center-of-game-known-issues?tu=Golgotha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.