20240224_201733 (resized).jpg
20240223_160702 (resized).jpg
20240223_162014 (resized).jpg
20240223_140330 (resized).jpg
20240223_140318 (resized).jpg
20240223_112843 (resized).jpg
20240223_112847 (resized).jpg
20240223_111140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

I have a Bally KISS I've had since 1997. Bought in working shape for 800 bucks. I remember playing this game when it was new in '79. Started collecting KISS stuff back in the mid 80s. The machine doesn't get a lot love, but I dig it. Plus it's the real KISS lineup. Takes me back to '79 when I play it...

#13 8 years ago

I could use a nicer playfield. I've got an overlay on the middle of the playfield and one of those playfield protectors as well. I like the protector so far. Keeps it from getting worse at least. LED on the GI and backglass. Flashing color changing LEDs in the high score to date lettering for a nice effect. Drop targets have the band member decals on them. Ever notice the KISS logo on the backglass is not era correct?? By that tour the logo letters were " hollow" so to speak. The outline of the letters were lights but nothing in the middle. Up through Alive 1 used the solid letter style. I thought about masking them off on the backside of the glass just out of curiosity........

1 week later
#21 8 years ago

Yes. That Stones machine makes me want one that much more. Very nice lineup GateCrasher........

#24 8 years ago

Nice..........

1 week later
#32 8 years ago

The drop targets reset every time they are cleared....

2 years later
#46 5 years ago

Joey, the CPR playfield may take a while to be produced. I too am on the list. However, I would consider a hardtop if one is produced. Congrats on your game. I am in Alabama too. I bought mine in Sylacauga Alabama.

#52 5 years ago

My playfield was rough but not too bad. An overlay for the midsection and a playfield protector for now. Even if I don't use the CPR one, I'll still buy one and keep it. I'd prefer a hardtop really but that may be a while if ever. My Bally KISS game was an addition to my KISS collection. The ultimate collectible. I loved pinball and it was my 1st game I owned. Have added 7 more pins since. By the way, anyone know if there are any drop targets w/the faces on them w/the correct colors? I have seen some online, but the colors are wrong. Ace=blue,Peter=green,Gene=red,Paul=purple, as per the solo albums.

1 month later
#56 5 years ago

Wonder how long the wait will be for a CPR playfield? I'm on the pre-order list. I'm not in a hurry, just curious.

9 months later
#66 4 years ago

My CPR playfield is on the way. Not planning on doing the swap soon, but when the time comes, I'll be ready. I was on the preorder list.

#68 4 years ago

Gatecrasher, looks like we are the only ones w/a KISS playfield preorder. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday. Let's hope they arrive undamaged.

#72 4 years ago

Got mine today. Looks great ! Backside painted grey. No damage, phew! Made me realize how rough of shape my original is in. Been waiting a long time for this to be made. Future project with a possible cabinet re-stencil/paint.

1 year later
#89 3 years ago

RobbyIRL5, I have that on my KISS pin currently. My PF was worn down to the wood in some spots and heavy wear in the middle especially. It didn't line up 100% w/the insert lights but damn close. There is some yellow missing around the bottom right hand arrow. I cleaned the PF and used the "squeegee" method to line it up the best I could. Then I have one of those PF protectors on top of that. Looks a lot better than it was and it plays better. I have a CPR PF waiting to be swapped in one day. My PF is the worst part of my game. All else is in VG shape.

5 months later
#109 3 years ago

Those games look good! I'm the same age you are!

2 months later
#124 3 years ago

Bally-High 1966, My Bday is April 21st. I'll be 55 then. I don't know where the years went! I sure wish we could go back in time to the good old days. When Pins were everywhere. Rock on, my brother!

#127 2 years ago

NorthVibe, There was plastic on the top and both the sides. Only the lift channel at the bottom.

9 months later
#179 2 years ago

Bally KISS is begging for new sounds. I'd be interested in this mod. I was 13 when KISS was new in 1979, so I'm used to the primitive sounds. But I would love to be able to customize it easily. Some songs would be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-bally-1979-fan-club-cmon-love-me?tu=pinkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.