20240224_201733 (resized).jpg
20240223_160702 (resized).jpg
20240223_162014 (resized).jpg
20240223_140330 (resized).jpg
20240223_140318 (resized).jpg
20240223_112843 (resized).jpg
20240223_112847 (resized).jpg
20240223_111140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago

Huge KISS fan here, and realistic about what they are, what's great, and what's not I think. The Bally KISS pin was/is my grail pin.

Nearly 20yrs ago, I ended up with a really cheap project from a local guy/buddy. I don't even know if it would qualify as a parts machine. It had been in a fire, not burned, but the whole thing had smoke damage.

Semi-rough cabinet, all with a smoke tinge, slightly yellowed playfield, not real good. No backglass. All under pf parts have oxidation or blackening. However, it's a KISS!!

I bought the IPB backglass and plastics set, but passed on the then $450 playfield. Very much regret... I have displays, boards, got the hot stamped KISS bumper caps before PBR stopped selling them.

I ended up finding a nice playfield on here, but am not sure I can touch it up well enough to clear coat it and it look 'right'. That artwork is damn complicated.

I signed up for the CPR KISS playfield. Had been told before that it couldn't get made, due to licensing, yet CPR has it down and some other pinball supplier on here said they're going to do it eventually. Anyone know anything about that?

I've cut new cabinet pieces, except for lower cabinet bottom and backbox back panel, and they're just sitting. Need to order a lock-miter bit. What I'll end up doing is building a KISS with new pf, bg, plastics, many parts, cabinet, etc.. won't be much original left.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Joey, the CPR playfield may take a while to be produced. I too am on the list. However, I would consider a hardtop if one is produced. Congrats on your game. I am in Alabama too. I bought mine in Sylacauga Alabama.

The old 2nd playfield I have is 98% nice, but the few wear spots are in the lower insert grid, flames, etc.. hard places to touch up. I've held off thinking, I don't want to put a lot of time and some $ into restoring a playfield, then feel like I need to buy the new one. May just go ahead with what I have and not worry about the new one when/if it does come out.

How is your playfield? The artwork on KISS is really awesome and detailed, but it makes it a PITA to touch up apparently.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The 1979 Bally KISS has batteries? Hmmm, guess I’m gonna have to explore. Where are those at?

That era of Bally MPU (the square board in the back box) had a battery on it. Typically they leaked corrosive junk and rotted the PCB.

5 months later
#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Here's the picture from the CPR website and it is the German version.
I'll probably be cancelling my order if it that's what it really is.
Hopefully CPR knows that there were two versions of the Bally Kiss playfield and backglass.
The German versions (and the playfield shown in the CPR website) have normal "SS" for the word "KISS". The rest of the world got the familiar lightning bolt SS. German law at the time banned the lightning bolt SS because of it's history with the 3rd Reich so they got these censored versions of the playfields and backglasses.
[quoted image]

I just noticed that on the site today. I hope that's an error, using the wrong photo for the preview. I can't imagine they'd negotiate the rights and do the wrong version of the playfield..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Joey_N.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-bally-1979-fan-club-cmon-love-me?tu=Joey_N and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.