20240224_201733 (resized).jpg
20240223_160702 (resized).jpg
20240223_162014 (resized).jpg
20240223_140330 (resized).jpg
20240223_140318 (resized).jpg
20240223_112843 (resized).jpg
20240223_112847 (resized).jpg
20240223_111140 (resized).jpg
There are 317 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 1 year ago

Me too!

#202 1 year ago

Me to.

#203 1 year ago

Me three

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

The board is turning out better than I expected. I've just gotten new boards this week with a 2-pin header so that a person can remotely mount a push button somewhere on the front of the cabinet to change songs (when in Single background mode). I've made it so it changes between 15 different songs now. When the board is in Multi-background mode, it automatically changes songs with each ball.
I spent all last weekend getting the final sound effects. I've been testing the attract mode. It plays one of 15 different sounds every 3 minutes between games. I have these as 10-15 seconds of song parts. Just last night, I finally got the call-out for the Colossal bonus working. Now I have everything functional. I just have a couple of software bugs and I need to test out all four of the MPU sound setting combinations with the s8 and s32 switches.

Wow geeteoh,
You got a heck of a lot done since your last update. You probably don’t need to hear it but I just want to say Great Job!
This really sounds like it will be a terrific addition to Kiss.
I can’t wait to purchase!

#205 1 year ago

Ok…so as a BIG Kiss fan this will be cool. Le not sure how easy this would be….Stern made it happen after I suggested it in the Stern Kiss thread but when you hit the start button you need to hear “You wanted the best you got the best” call out.

Also…how easy is it to change/customize songs? Most of my favorite Kiss songs are ones most people don’t know….is it possible to change/add songs?

This is awesome stuff so just some general questions I had…I am very interested in getting this when available.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Ok…so as a BIG Kiss fan this will be cool. Le not sure how easy this would be….Stern made it happen after I suggested it in the Stern Kiss thread but when you hit the start button you need to hear “You wanted the best you got the best” call out.
Also…how easy is it to change/customize songs? Most of my favorite Kiss songs are ones most people don’t know….is it possible to change/add songs?
This is awesome stuff so just some general questions I had…I am very interested in getting this when available.

I have it saying "You wanted the best, you got the best" as one of the machine Power-Up quotes. Each of the tunes are replaced with one of five different quotes at random. They are all WAV files, so they can be changed. Actually, all the sounds are WAV files and they all can be changed. There are the five options for Power Up, Coin-Up, Start Game, Kiss Bonus, Colossal Bonus, Tilt, and End Game. Each of the solenoids can have a sound - with the ball eject rotating through 5 different ones. All-in-all, there are over a hundred WAV files that make up the system.

I will ship with a printed/bound manual that goes into detail about what sounds do what and how to change them. You can have four different sets of sounds on the MicroSD card - sound banks. They are selectable with DIP switches.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

I have it saying "You wanted the best, you got the best" as one of the machine Power-Up quotes. Each of the tunes are replaced with one of five different quotes at random. They are all WAV files, so they can be changed. Actually, all the sounds are WAV files and they all can be changed. There are the five options for Power Up, Coin-Up, Start Game, Kiss Bonus, Colossal Bonus, Tilt, and End Game. Each of the solenoids can have a sound - with the ball eject rotating through 5 different ones. All-in-all, there are over a hundred WAV files that make up the system.
I will ship with a printed/bound manual that goes into detail about what sounds do what and how to change them. You can have four different sets of sounds on the MicroSD card - sound banks. They are selectable with DIP switches.

That’s sounds like plenty of options and will be perfect. Thanks for updating!!!

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from geeteoh:

I know we spoke via Pm but when ready

Tremendous Efforts and Cudos to you

Totally want one when offered !!

Awesome !!

#209 1 year ago

Count me in as well....

Maurizio

#210 1 year ago

If anyone has bought a rubber set can anyone send me a picture

The manual doesn’t seem to have a rubber set page and if it does I cannot locate it

#211 1 year ago

Ipdb manual page 9

Screenshot_20221004-143517 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221004-143517 (resized).png
#212 1 year ago
Quoted from kba78:

Ipdb manual page 9
[quoted image]

Thank you

I’m so used to a full page for rubbers didn’t see that list

Truly appreciate you helping

#213 1 year ago

No problem

#214 1 year ago

I am in planning phase of building a Kiss.
Does anyone have a Kiss light board for sale?

Fantastic!

#215 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Fantastic!

From Scratch ? Or are you restoring one ?

#216 1 year ago

Fantastic!

Light panel insert for the head? Or lamp socket array for under the playfield KISS letters?

#218 1 year ago

Anyone who may of replaced their KISS plastics with new CPR and do not like the coin door inserts please shoot me a message

Cleaning up a game and think there cool

Thanks

#219 1 year ago

Soo I have a weird one for all you Kiss owners

My ABCD only award the 2x bonus
When the extra ball is lit after I hit ABCD nothing happens or gets awarded

I’m sure it’s a setting but I’ve gone over the manual and don’t see a setting to disable features

Any help or pictures of your games MPU dip switches would be great

Thanks

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I’m sure it’s a setting but I’ve gone over the manual and don’t see a setting to disable features
Thanks

My machine is d,ping the same thing!

#222 1 year ago

I also got the sound board yesterday.
This mod is simply…..kick ass.
Worth every penny.

Thanks geeteoh!
This is a high quality product. Even the manual you provide is just fantastic.
(Full disclosure: I have no relationship with geeteoh. Although I hope we meet someday to say thank you directly).
Great work man.

#223 1 year ago

Apparently the schematic, like a lot of games, doesn't quite tell the whole story. Can someone tell me what the color of wires are for the KISS letters next to the stand-up targets? The four that are spread around the playfield? TIA!

#224 1 year ago

Oh boy !!

The last CPR available

Lucked out by emailing directly

B7ABACB6-6A01-41DC-ADC6-0289751C1997 (resized).jpegB7ABACB6-6A01-41DC-ADC6-0289751C1997 (resized).jpegD8A8B7A7-CFC4-4D60-83D7-2324A2C799EB (resized).jpegD8A8B7A7-CFC4-4D60-83D7-2324A2C799EB (resized).jpeg
#225 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Thanks

It’s dip switch 15 and 14

Discussed in Manual page 4A

#226 1 year ago

Still looking for a Right Slingshot Plastic

Lmk

1 week later
#227 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Light panel insert for the head? Or lamp socket array for under the playfield KISS letters?

The wood part in the head. Maybe someone has a CNC file to cut new ones?

FYI, yes I am scratch building the machine from scrap parts.

Fantastic!

#228 1 year ago

The wood part in the head. Maybe someone has a CNC file to cut new ones?
FYI, yes I am scratch building the machine from scrap parts.
Fantastic!

Yes, I have made these. PM me, and we can figure out what works best for you.

IMG_1710 (resized).jpgIMG_1710 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#229 1 year ago

Found this on ipdb.org this week.
Special edition rare fiberglass cabinet
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=6936&picno=82221&zoom=1
image-10 (resized).pngimage-10 (resized).png

3 months later
#230 1 year ago

CPR field is done !!

Felt Great bonding with my Son

3E4BA5EE-B089-4412-A3AC-3635C3CE710F (resized).jpeg3E4BA5EE-B089-4412-A3AC-3635C3CE710F (resized).jpeg40CFCD8B-491B-4414-9CCA-E203176DECA3 (resized).jpeg40CFCD8B-491B-4414-9CCA-E203176DECA3 (resized).jpegA1463AFC-B032-4DDB-952E-97B05B7CC23C (resized).jpegA1463AFC-B032-4DDB-952E-97B05B7CC23C (resized).jpegBD48F657-B7C2-42F9-9794-F08D97A54821 (resized).jpegBD48F657-B7C2-42F9-9794-F08D97A54821 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#231 1 year ago

I hope the new harnesses are coming along well ? I’m ready to install them…

3 weeks later
#232 11 months ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I hope the new harnesses are coming along well ? I’m ready to install them…

Soon! Hey, does anyone here know of the wide gates being built in the US? I know a guy doing them in Australia but would like to get some closer to home if possible.

#233 11 months ago

Mantis is making them now

1 week later
#234 11 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Soon! Hey, does anyone here know of the wide gates being built in the US? I know a guy doing them in Australia but would like to get some closer to home if possible.

I am looking for one of these gates as well.

#236 11 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Yes, I have made these. PM me, and we can figure out what works best for you.
[quoted image]

Did you cut these on a CNC? I have a CNC and plans for the cabinet just missing this. Waiting on my 24 hour drive to get my KISS next month. I want to make a replica one.

#237 11 months ago
Quoted from B-low99:

Did you cut these on a CNC? I have a CNC and plans for the cabinet just missing this. Waiting on my 24 hour drive to get my KISS next month. I want to make a replica one.

Yes, that was all done on a cnc.

#238 11 months ago
Quoted from B-low99:

I’m in the middle of building one from scratch, only og part is the playfield

3BF52FA4-CBFC-44AC-B5A5-EB67D95CE7A2 (resized).jpeg3BF52FA4-CBFC-44AC-B5A5-EB67D95CE7A2 (resized).jpeg
#239 11 months ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I’m in the middle of building one from scratch, only og part is the playfield[quoted image]

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished

1 week later
#240 11 months ago

With a little polishing. Fit is perfect.

640EA9B0-BFC5-40EE-9504-77143AC52EEC (resized).jpeg640EA9B0-BFC5-40EE-9504-77143AC52EEC (resized).jpeg7B7894A1-6B9B-4E7F-8325-193627B971A6 (resized).jpeg7B7894A1-6B9B-4E7F-8325-193627B971A6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#241 11 months ago

I was not sure if I wanted to get KISSED again, but here I am. I found a very nice original game. The game was in storage with a huge KISS memorabilia collection. The game overall is the nicest of the three I have had. The back glass is the nicest by far and so is the playfield. The only problem is that the head was taken off and all the connectors were inside the game. For the last 5+ years I have been focusing on DMD era games. This one feels a bit daunting. I am looking for suggestions. The MPU still has the original battery tie wrapped to the board so I am assuming that board is toast. The harness appears to be in excellent condition.

I am looking for suggestions on how best to attack the boards and make them reliable. Is it easier and cost effective to replace them all? I have used Rottendog with great results in the past. My goal is to bring it back to fully stock functionality and offer it for sale. I do not plan on a full cabinet repaint like the others I have done. I will be making a custom Gene shooter, like I did on the others.

I would love to hear your suggestions. Take a look at the project it truly is a gem. It came with the original manual in mint condition. Part of me thinks the previous owner loved KISS but did not know anything about pinball.

Thanks for the assist.

KMA018 (resized).jpgKMA018 (resized).jpgKMA012 (resized).jpgKMA012 (resized).jpgKMA06 (resized).jpgKMA06 (resized).jpgKMA09 (resized).jpgKMA09 (resized).jpgKMA017 (resized).jpgKMA017 (resized).jpgKMA01 (resized).jpgKMA01 (resized).jpgKMA07 (resized).jpgKMA07 (resized).jpgKMA010 (resized).jpgKMA010 (resized).jpgKMA03 (resized).jpgKMA03 (resized).jpgKMA08 (resized).jpgKMA08 (resized).jpgKMA019 (resized).jpgKMA019 (resized).jpgKMA013 (resized).jpgKMA013 (resized).jpgKMA014 (resized).jpgKMA014 (resized).jpgKMA015 (resized).jpgKMA015 (resized).jpgKMA020 (resized).jpgKMA020 (resized).jpgKMA021 (resized).jpgKMA021 (resized).jpgKMA022 (resized).jpgKMA022 (resized).jpgKMA023 (resized).jpgKMA023 (resized).jpgKMA024 (resized).jpgKMA024 (resized).jpg
#242 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I was not sure if I wanted to get KISSED again, but here I am. I found a very nice original game. The game was in storage with a huge KISS memorabilia collection. The game overall is the nicest of the three I have had. The back glass is the nicest by far and so is the playfield. The only problem is that the head was taken off and all the connectors were inside the game. For the last 5+ years I have been focusing on DMD era games. This one feels a bit daunting. I am looking for suggestions. The MPU still has the original battery tie wrapped to the board so I am assuming that board is toast. The harness appears to be in excellent condition.
I am looking for suggestions on how best to attack the boards and make them reliable. Is it easier and cost effective to replace them all? I have used Rottendog with great results in the past. My goal is to bring it back to fully stock functionality and offer it for sale. I do not plan on a full cabinet repaint like the others I have done. I will be making a custom Gene shooter, like I did on the others.
I would love to hear your suggestions. Take a look at the project it truly is a gem. It came with the original manual in mint condition. Part of me thinks the previous owner loved KISS but did not know anything about pinball.
Thanks for the assist.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it was mine: i would restore everything bar the cabinet, get the original boards restored, get the playfield restored ( HEP ? ) use every possible original part still on the machine, & put the original legs back on it after you restore them.

#243 11 months ago

Well, I connected the disconnected harness to all of the boards. I validated that all fuses were good with a meter. There was one broken wire that I repaired. Plugged it in and fired it up.......... NOTHING. Not a single sign of life on any board.

Open to suggestions

#244 10 months ago

It all starts with power. You make sure the power is correct before firing the game up. Start by unplugging everything. Inspect the plug and cord then plug the game in and use an outlet tester in the service outlet to make sure the cord and filter are wired correctly. Move on to the rectifier bord. Unplug every board except J2 on the rectifier. Then power the game on and measure the voltages at the rectifier test points. Note the transformer cage is missing. Make replacing that a priority before doing too much as there is an electrocution hazard there. Once the voltages are good on the rectifier plug in J3 and J3 on the solenoid board and measure the TP voltages there. Once you have the 5v right then you can plug in j4 on the MPU and begin testing. No LED flashes is a sign your 5v is missing.

Other things to check:

* MPU battery. Lose it and replace with an NVRAM if the board is not badly damaged
* Replace original large filter caps on the SD board
* Not a fan of so called 'bulletproofing' but I recommend jumpering TPs 1 and 3 together on the SD board to bypass the external J3 jumper that often fails.

#245 10 months ago

I am having a problem my KISS machine. Sporadically, the flippers will cease to function. Sometimes I am able to rectify this by re-booting the machine. It seems to be happening more frequently. Any help with pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#246 10 months ago

If both flippers are failing intermittently at the same time there are a couple of possible reasons.

First, make sure this is not a 'tilt' problem, If the game goes into tilt the flippers and all the other coils will die. Is the tilt light coming on?
Assuming this is not the case,

Pull out the Solenoid board and check the solder connects at and around the flipper relay on the board. If all of the coils are failing but the game keeps running a common fail is the SD board J3, 25-13 jumper. Often the solder to pin 25 has gone cold or the jumper itself is loose. Reflow those connections and to insure the board is failsafe, solder a jumper between test points 1 and 3, See my response #244 above.

#247 10 months ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

If both flippers are failing intermittently at the same time there are a couple of possible reasons.
First, make sure this is not a 'tilt' problem, If the game goes into tilt the flippers and all the other coils will die. Is the tilt light coming on?
Assuming this is not the case,
Pull out the Solenoid board and check the solder connects at and around the flipper relay on the board. If all of the coils are failing but the game keeps running a common fail is the SD board J3, 25-13 jumper. Often the solder to pin 25 has gone cold or the jumper itself is loose. Reflow those connections and to insure the board is failsafe, solder a jumper between test points 1 and 3, See my response #244 above.

Thanks for the reply! I checked to make sure it was not a tilt problem. The game does continue to function after the flippers stop. The problem is truly intermittent. I am a novice at pinball repair but I followed most of you post. I was originally thinking the Flipper Enable Relay had gone bad but I will try and check all the solder points you recommend. Thanks.

#248 10 months ago

Here is a quick test, with the game running locate the J3, 25-13 jumper and wiggle it. If you hear the flipper relay clicking in and out then you have found the problem. Resoldering pin 25 will fix the issue. Jumping TP 1-3 will permanently fix it.

#249 10 months ago

Finally got my KISS! 24 hour road trip! Stoked to say the least

kiss (resized).jpgkiss (resized).jpg
#250 10 months ago
Quoted from B-low99:

Finally got my KISS! 24 hour road trip! Stoked to say the least
[quoted image]

Congrats, she’s a beaut !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 317 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-bally-1979-fan-club-cmon-love-me/page/5?hl=geeteoh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.