20240224_201733 (resized).jpg
20240223_160702 (resized).jpg
20240223_162014 (resized).jpg
20240223_140330 (resized).jpg
20240223_140318 (resized).jpg
20240223_112843 (resized).jpg
20240223_112847 (resized).jpg
20240223_111140 (resized).jpg
There are 317 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago

Ah good to know, going to open that up tonight at take a look. Thanks guys! W

#52 5 years ago

My playfield was rough but not too bad. An overlay for the midsection and a playfield protector for now. Even if I don't use the CPR one, I'll still buy one and keep it. I'd prefer a hardtop really but that may be a while if ever. My Bally KISS game was an addition to my KISS collection. The ultimate collectible. I loved pinball and it was my 1st game I owned. Have added 7 more pins since. By the way, anyone know if there are any drop targets w/the faces on them w/the correct colors? I have seen some online, but the colors are wrong. Ace=blue,Peter=green,Gene=red,Paul=purple, as per the solo albums.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

My playfield was rough but not too bad. An overlay for the midsection and a playfield protector for now. Even if I don't use the CPR one, I'll still buy one and keep it. I'd prefer a hardtop really but that may be a while if ever. My Bally KISS game was an addition to my KISS collection. The ultimate collectible. I loved pinball and it was my 1st game I owned. Have added 7 more pins since. By the way, anyone know if there are any drop targets w/the faces on them w/the correct colors? I have seen some online, but the colors are wrong. Ace=blue,Peter=green,Gene=red,Paul=purple, as per the solo albums.

Ha! That’s why I didn’t buy them. Maybe you can get the guy who put these online redo the targets with the correct highlights? Couldn’t hurt asking.

#54 5 years ago

BTW, my MPU battery looks brand new so I’m guessing it was replaced or the whole MPU was replaced recently before I bought it.

Regarding the backglass lights, it was the F5 20amp 32v 3AG slow blow fuse. It was hard to tell because the fuse didn’t show any signs of being blown. The fillement on this fuse is thick so you’d think it would be obvious. The manual shows F1(which controls the bumpers) and F5 (which controls the back lights) are the same fuse so I swapped them and bingo, got the lights works and the bumpers not. So it was the fuse. Probably is handy to have a voltmeter next time so I can test the fuses. Don’t trust the fillement not appearing blown

1 month later
#55 5 years ago

I noticed that CPR has a new website (compared to 6 months ago). I also noticed the KISS playfield hasn't moved from them measuring interest, BUT the price looks like it may have gone up. I'm not 100% positive, but I thought 6 months ago, it was going to be $700-ish. It now shows $849 pre-order price, with a note saying that the royalties are higher than normal. Kinda sucks. I mean c'mon Gene, you've milked the KISS teat for 40+ years ! I'm wondering if the $100+ price difference will affect total orders, or will we all suck it up ?

#56 5 years ago

Wonder how long the wait will be for a CPR playfield? I'm on the pre-order list. I'm not in a hurry, just curious.

3 weeks later
#57 5 years ago

I've been on their list since Jan 2017 and if memory serves the preorder was $699 but no record of it. The site now says under the in production "XENON" playfield "We recently ran a very short run of these using material on hand due to an unexpected delay in the KISS PF production. So maybe there's hope. The "Art Team" does not mention anyone working on it though. I need to do some more research on overlays as that may be the route I need to go.

#58 5 years ago

WOOHOO! NO need for a crappy overly, CPR has moved Kiss to the production stage! Let's see how long until they are available.

2 months later
#59 5 years ago

Just noticed that the CAD work is done and they are doing the CNC cutting

#60 5 years ago

If you look closely at the picture on the CPR website it looks like the German version of the playfield.

Pretty-lame if it is.

#61 5 years ago

Here's the picture from the CPR website and it is the German version.

I'll probably be cancelling my order if it that's what it really is.

Hopefully CPR knows that there were two versions of the Bally Kiss playfield and backglass.

The German versions (and the playfield shown in the CPR website) have normal "SS" for the word "KISS". The rest of the world got the familiar lightning bolt SS. German law at the time banned the lightning bolt SS because of it's history with the 3rd Reich so they got these censored versions of the playfields and backglasses.
PO_KISS (resized).jpgPO_KISS (resized).jpg

1 week later
#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Here's the picture from the CPR website and it is the German version.
I'll probably be cancelling my order if it that's what it really is.
Hopefully CPR knows that there were two versions of the Bally Kiss playfield and backglass.
The German versions (and the playfield shown in the CPR website) have normal "SS" for the word "KISS". The rest of the world got the familiar lightning bolt SS. German law at the time banned the lightning bolt SS because of it's history with the 3rd Reich so they got these censored versions of the playfields and backglasses.
[quoted image]

I just noticed that on the site today. I hope that's an error, using the wrong photo for the preview. I can't imagine they'd negotiate the rights and do the wrong version of the playfield..

2 weeks later
#63 5 years ago

I inquired about the picture on their site. They confirmed that it is the incorrect picture, and the playfield being reproduced is the US version.

1 month later
#64 5 years ago

What connection should I check for the GI in the back box?

#65 5 years ago

None work except kiss letters and one around the edge.

20190324_140137 (resized).jpg20190324_140137 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#66 4 years ago

My CPR playfield is on the way. Not planning on doing the swap soon, but when the time comes, I'll be ready. I was on the preorder list.

#68 4 years ago

Gatecrasher, looks like we are the only ones w/a KISS playfield preorder. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday. Let's hope they arrive undamaged.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Gatecrasher, looks like we are the only ones w/a KISS playfield preorder. Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday. Let's hope they arrive undamaged.

Nope, I have 2 arriving tomorrow.

#70 4 years ago

I got mine today. They look pretty-good.

#71 4 years ago

Mine should arrive Wednesday. Finally!!

Shawn

#72 4 years ago

Got mine today. Looks great ! Backside painted grey. No damage, phew! Made me realize how rough of shape my original is in. Been waiting a long time for this to be made. Future project with a possible cabinet re-stencil/paint.

#73 4 years ago

How come no one has posted pics? I want to see!

#74 4 years ago

Still has that factory fresh smell!

IMG_1538 (resized).JPGIMG_1538 (resized).JPGIMG_1539 (resized).JPGIMG_1539 (resized).JPGIMG_1540 (resized).JPGIMG_1540 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#75 4 years ago

I ordered and received a CPR playfield however didn't have the machine. So after contacting a good friend in Melbourne he was saving this for his own restoration. He was kind enough to sell it to me. It will be a complete new game after restoration. This title is pretty thin on the ground here in Western Australia, collectors don't want to give them up, so you have to take what's out there. The machine has com from Italy.

IMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2723 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2725 (resized).JPGIMG_2725 (resized).JPGIMG_2726 (resized).JPGIMG_2726 (resized).JPGIMG_2727 (resized).JPGIMG_2727 (resized).JPGIMG_2728 (resized).JPGIMG_2728 (resized).JPGIMG_2729 (resized).JPGIMG_2729 (resized).JPGIMG_2730 (resized).JPGIMG_2730 (resized).JPGIMG_2731 (resized).JPGIMG_2731 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_2732 (resized).JPGIMG_2733 (resized).JPGIMG_2733 (resized).JPGIMG_2735 (resized).JPGIMG_2735 (resized).JPGIMG_2734 (resized).JPGIMG_2734 (resized).JPGIMG_2718 (resized).JPGIMG_2718 (resized).JPG
4 months later
#76 4 years ago

On the gate solenoid assembly, why does it have a leaf switch with no wiring attached ?

ACF59D1E-0BA5-4371-A646-F149B7551EBF (resized).jpegACF59D1E-0BA5-4371-A646-F149B7551EBF (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#77 4 years ago

I thought I have seen some drop targets with either solo pics or Kiss letters on them. Does anyone have these? I wanted to see what they look like.

3 weeks later
#78 4 years ago

Picked up this playfield very complete with the wiring harness. Contemplating building a kiss machine using another complete Bally as a donor. The only problem I will have is the backbox wiring harness as it's different to the other games since kiss has the extra lights. Looking for advice on this idea as having the playfield is the hardest item to find so I believe this objective can be achieved. Thanks in advance Adrian

IMG_2963 (resized).JPGIMG_2963 (resized).JPGIMG_2964 (resized).JPGIMG_2964 (resized).JPG
#79 4 years ago

I’m
Looking for a basket case Kiss to restore
If anyone is considering selling let me know.

Thanks!

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Adrian:

Picked up this playfield very complete with the wiring harness. Contemplating building a kiss machine using another complete Bally as a donor. The only problem I will have is the backbox wiring harness as it's different to the other games since kiss has the extra lights. Looking for advice on this idea as having the playfield is the hardest item to find so I believe this objective can be achieved. Thanks in advance Adrian[quoted image][quoted image]

Reach out to http://www.thirdcoastpinballandgraphics.com/ he makes harnesses. Can see if he will/can make one for KISS

3 weeks later
#81 4 years ago

Kiss Backglasses (limited qty) are back in stock ... www.planetarypinball.com

1 week later
#82 4 years ago

Anyone have a cpr pf that they’re not going to use?

I sure wish they would make more of these.

Let me know

Thanks.

3 months later
#83 3 years ago

Hi all, I thought I had a link to the KISS user manual but can’t find it for the life of me now. Anybody have a link?

Also, do you all use 6.5% grade on this pin or less? I’ve always had mine around 5.5% and it’s played great. All my new pins want 6.5%, but I sort of recall seeing in that manual (that I can’t find!) on this one 5.5% was more standard.

Also, ordered Pin Stadium LED’s for this machine as can’t really see the ball if ambient lights are dim. Anybody tried this? Happy to post pictures if not.

Thanks all.

#84 3 years ago

You dont have much room to put the pinstadium lights in, so I would like to see that.

I would guess mine is closer to 5.5 then 6.5.
I think 6.5 is better for modern pins.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You dont have much room to put the pinstadium lights in, so I would like to see that.
I would guess mine is closer to 5.5 then 6.5.
I think 6.5 is better for modern pins.

I’ll post a pic when I get them. Originally ordered the standards but he recommended the Omega (white ones), so they are en route. Thank you

#86 3 years ago

I've seen several posts over the years regarding reproduction backglass for KISS - some good quality, others apparently not so good. Is there a "best" repro backglass these days? Thanks in advance!

2 weeks later
#87 3 years ago

I’ve got a fairly weathered play field. I ran across this on eBay, has anybody tried something like this? Looks to be stickers that I assume would go on the playfield.
ebay.com link: itm

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I’ve got a fairly weathered play field. I ran across this on eBay, has anybody tried something like this? Looks to be stickers that I assume would go on the playfield.
ebay.com link

I just used some insert decals on another pin, and they worked very well.
I dont know if I would trust myself doing that much of the center of the playfield though.

#89 3 years ago

RobbyIRL5, I have that on my KISS pin currently. My PF was worn down to the wood in some spots and heavy wear in the middle especially. It didn't line up 100% w/the insert lights but damn close. There is some yellow missing around the bottom right hand arrow. I cleaned the PF and used the "squeegee" method to line it up the best I could. Then I have one of those PF protectors on top of that. Looks a lot better than it was and it plays better. I have a CPR PF waiting to be swapped in one day. My PF is the worst part of my game. All else is in VG shape.

#90 3 years ago

If anyone needs a backglass. Says he will ship

Screenshot_20200806-144105_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200806-144105_Facebook (resized).jpg
#91 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200806-144314_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200806-144314_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200806-144321_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200806-144321_Facebook (resized).jpg
1 month later
#92 3 years ago

I just put together these custom cards for a request and thought I'd share. If you'd like met to make you a set too, color printed on cardstock and laminated, visit our UpKick shop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/04275-bally-kiss-apron-cards

Kiss info card (resized).jpgKiss info card (resized).jpgKiss rules card (resized).jpgKiss rules card (resized).jpg
#93 3 years ago

Like many of you I was a huge KISS fan in the 70s. I would walk miles to get to the pizza shop to play the KISS Bally pinball machine.

Now I’d love to own one so I’m thrilled to have discovered your group and this thread.

I was never a big pinball person and I’m learning a lot but this game brings back so many memories I hope to score a machine someday soon.

Other than eBay, where it seems they get listed at crazy high prices, do you have any recommendations on sites or auctions?

#94 3 years ago

Finally getting the cabinet restoration near the end. It’s turning out really nice and will have a Kruzman pf installed when I’m done.

You can’t see it in the picture, but I laid a coat of metallic over the orange. It has a really nice sparkle to it when the light hits it.

C5FD1DDA-2694-4B51-A86C-C0C17749DD18 (resized).jpegC5FD1DDA-2694-4B51-A86C-C0C17749DD18 (resized).jpeg
#95 3 years ago

Need,a little help from all the geniuses. I have no lights on the back glass except game play ones even in test mode. During restoration I took pictures and they were lit now nothing. I have all tech boards and everything else is working flawlessly.

Any ideas on where to start?

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from IrishMatt:

Need,a little help from all the geniuses. I have no lights on the back glass except game play ones even in test mode. During restoration I took pictures and they were lit now nothing. I have all tech boards and everything else is working flawlessly.
Any ideas on where to start?

I had the same issue, once I repinned the connections at the rectifier board they worked.

And since your very close, I would be glad to help.

#97 3 years ago

Just installed Playfield Protector. Gives the playfield an appearance of a new clearcoat and completely resolves the cupped insert ball-misdirection problem. 30 minutes to install with loosening/rotating the spinners being the most difficult thing to do. It does seem weird at first playing the game because the ball hardly makes any noise rolling over the playfield, but since I have an original playfield in 9/10 condition, knowing that there won't be any more wear on the paint makes this the best mod I've done to this pin since I bought it.

#98 3 years ago

Here is a pix with the playfield protector and new personalized apron cards

20201013_122149[6783] (resized).jpg20201013_122149[6783] (resized).jpg
1 week later
#99 3 years ago
Quoted from KISSBally:

Other than eBay, where it seems they get listed at crazy high prices, do you have any recommendations on sites or auctions?

I found mine here on Pinside, by placing a Wanted ad. You might keep an eye out on Facebook Marketplace. I've bought six machines there, but none were Kiss.

1 week later
#100 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

I found mine here on Pinside, by placing a Wanted ad. You might keep an eye out on Facebook Marketplace. I've bought six machines there, but none were Kiss.

Thanks seeburg220

As luck would have it a few were listed on this site soon after my comment and I’m thrilled to say I now own one and it was set up last night.

Somehow 41 years disappeared and I was a teenager again last night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.00
$ 22.50
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 317 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-bally-1979-fan-club-cmon-love-me/page/2?hl=hayfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.