• Rocks! 61 votes
    85%
  • Rolls! 4 votes
    6%
  • Me Quick! 7 votes
    10%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
20191011_134836 (resized).jpg
20191011_134815 (resized).jpg
_2261567 (resized).JPG
_2261566 (resized).JPG
_2261562 (resized).JPG
_2261561 (resized).JPG
_2261559 (resized).JPG
_2261560 (resized).JPG
_2261557 (resized).JPG
_2261558 (resized).JPG
_2261556 (resized).JPG
IMG_1661 (resized).JPG
IMG_1680 (resized).JPG
IMG_4413 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190508_213651 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 4 years ago

After 6 weeks still loving my Premium. Play it every chance I get. Song swap took an awesome pin to a whole other level. Thanks Oga!!

IMAG0654.jpg

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Mine was built in 10/1 and the front deck was fine. There was a bit of adhesive/residue on the head from the foam.
Side note, anyone know if here is an led/light mod for genes head/tongue for a premium?
Thanks

Pinball Refinery has a great scoop and Gene mouth LED mod. Have both of them in my Premium and they look sweet!!

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Did you buy the kiss banner off of epay?

Kinda. Made a deal on the side.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Got my girlfriend to paint my demon head.
Before
image.jpeg
After
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks awesome! I wish someone would commission to repaint some of these for us less artistic pinheads.

2 weeks later
#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My Cliffy took a heinous beating after only a few games, plus the shot was almost impossible. I installed a Mantis instead.

My Cliffy is getting beat also and I have way too many rejects. How's the mantis working? I'm considering switching but the Mantis leaves too much wood exposed. I feel it won't protect as well as the Cliffy.

1 week later
#153 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I got one of those, but for the life of me I can't see why I'd bother installing it now that I have the game..you can't see the disc at all!!

I use the decal on mine to keep the rubber disc from crapping black on the playfield. Works like a charm.

#155 3 years ago

I know for a fact that Stern upgraded the rubber discs to a higher quality on the Premiums and LEs.

1 week later
#165 3 years ago

Great post MT45!! Couldn't have made a better one. I'm curious what people's opinions are on the pop bumpers? The more I play it the more irritated I get with them. Those are the biggest delay in game play for me. It takes no skill whatsoever to hit them. I actually try shooting a skill shot and try to avoid them because I'm tired of all the random drains I get. I've considered removing the center post to give the ball another exit but haven't done so yet. Moving the Paul flasher makes a huge difference and I highly recommend it. And yes that right ramp is a VERY difficult shot. I still haven't found the sweet spot on the left flipper to make that shot consistently. The Starchild area is actually much easier for me to hit. I can nail it about 60% of the time.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

How do you go about updating the code?

PINBALL GAME SOFTWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

1) Download the latest code for your game by visiting
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code
and following the links to the software update
file for your specific game model.
2) Place game software update file (GAMENAME-VERSION.spv)
into the root directory of a blank FAT32-formatted USB flash drive.
Do not place more than one .spv files at a time in the root directory
of the USB flash drive.
3) Use backbox power switch to turn off game.
4) Plug the USB flash drive into a CPU board USB connector at CN20 or CN21.
5) Turn the game on.
6) The game will automatically begin the software update and the following
message will be displayed: "APPLYING UPDATE PLEASE WAIT".
IMPORTANT: DO NOT turn the pinball machine off while this message
is displayed. This message may remain on the screen a long period of time.
7) When the display indicates "UPDATE COMPLETE", turn the game off.
8) Remove the USB flash drive from the CPU board.
9) Turn the game on to play pinball!

#174 3 years ago

I think a big update is just around the corner. Someone from Stern watches these boards and knows us KISS owners are moderately pissed at the lack of updates.

#186 3 years ago

Still dealing with my spinning disc motor problem even though they sent another. I refuse to accept one with the first run rubber disc that shits all over the playfield. Mine came with an upgraded disc and that's what I should get. Been 6 weeks and Stern's emails have stopped. Don't usually like taking issues public but if you're gonna jerk me around I'll tell everyone I know.

#188 3 years ago

The disc is kind of a letdown. Mine mostly just puts a spin on the ball. A disc protector doesn't make much difference. It's still kinda dribbles out like you said.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Contact Chas as he has been a big help with me

I've been working with Chas. Hes been fine up til the point I insisted there's different disc quality on their machines.

#195 3 years ago

Are u using a disc protector on your demon spinner?

#199 3 years ago

Glad to hear it! Stern did say the mess would subside after a break in period. The first run messy discs have a sticky gel like material on them. They attract dirt like a magnet. My hands were getting dirty just handling it. The upgraded discs seem to be of a much harder material...but they don't seem to throw the ball as well.

#211 3 years ago

I like what you did Delta. My topper though doesn't bother me at all. I don't even look at it when I'm playing. And it creates just enough light in the room that I never turn the lights on. Would love to see your topper with red film.

#213 3 years ago

Pinballlife now stocks these yellow filters. I still wanna see a red one.

2 weeks later
#217 3 years ago

Awesome! Hang that bad boy right next to the machine.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just picked up an LE tonight!

Congratulations! Code issues aside its a beautiful machine. Have fun!

3 months later
#260 3 years ago

Not too difficult. You have to loosen the box hinges. Right side a little tricky with the power supply right behind the hinge bolts.

3 weeks later
#277 3 years ago

I cradle with the left flipper then shoot when the ball is almost near the end of the flipper. If I shoot too late I end up hitting the spinner or ARMY targets and sometimes land in the Starchild area.

1 month later
#315 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Really enjoy the game with new code. Put orange Titan rubber on mine. Next is music changes.

Looks great! How hard was it to change the rubbers on the upper playfield? I haven't done it yet cuz it looks like a major PITA.

2 months later
#350 3 years ago

Same here. Pretty frustrating when your having an epic game and Gene spits your last ball SDTM.

#354 3 years ago

Must have been cool to see Rick Nielsen play with them at the end.

ricknielsen_(resized).jpg

#357 3 years ago

When I got my Pre I examined the disc before I put the protector on. Several months later I was having problems with the motor and Stern sent me a replacement motor assembly. The rubber on the replacement was completely different than what came on my Pre. It was a sticky gel like material that was getting filthy from just handling it. If you rubbed it several times your fingers looked like you just read a newspaper. Also you could see the screw head marks around the holes. It was obviously taken out of an assembled playfield. My guess is Stern removed the crappy discs from the Pre/LE (maybe all models) after people complained about them and used them for replacements etc. When I called Stern out on it and asked for a motor assembly equal to what was in my machine when I bought it all I heard were crickets. I appreciate the fact they made good on their warranty but not when they insist I'm full of s**t. I had both discs in front of me and there IS a difference. I have the sticker on and changed the rubbers to clear Titans and my playfield looks as clean as the day I bought it.

9 months later
#442 2 years ago

Looks perfect! Congrats!

3 weeks later
#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just got off the phone with JJ @ game exchange. Just ordered a NIB Kiss Premium! I'm in da club! Anything I need to watch for when unboxing?

Congratulations!!! This machine is much better than the bad rap it always seems to get. Have fun!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods

#456 2 years ago

Get the star child plastic protector....and kiss back glass mod coming soon

Back glass mod!!?? Something that hasn't been done before?

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im fakkin stoked......this game is so under rated!

Couldn't agree more. Lots of great mods out there too. Not sure how big of a KISS fan you are but you can do some pretty cool stuff with Pinball Browser.

#462 2 years ago

Looks great! Nice to see someone so excited for KISS. THIS is what pinball is all about!! Enjoy!!!!

1 month later
#475 2 years ago

Didn't Stern suggest at the time that this topper could be used as a stand alone?

1 month later
#481 2 years ago

Deuce 3:05
Black Diamond 4:18
Calling Dr. Love 3:23
Detroit Rock City 3:56
Heaven's On Fire 3:23
Hotter Than Hell 3:08
Lick It Up 3:59
Love Gun 3:13
I Love It Loud 4:07
Rock N Roll All Nite 2:48
Shout It Out Loud 2:53

1 month later
#501 2 years ago

I finally put some Flipper Fidelity speakers in my KISS. The machine sounds amazing!! HUGE difference and highly recommend these especially for music pins. No more shi**y stock speakers for me ever again!

1 month later
#551 1 year ago

That looks sweet!

1 week later
#559 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Another question... has anyone designed alternative rule cards for their KISS to replace the crap ones that Stern provides?

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=Kiss

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

The green looks sweet imo. Did you try red? That might work as well.

THIS! I've wanted someone to try red for a while now. Or how about an off white that dims the LEDs a bit?

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Red and orange are coming
Green was just a test piece but i looks better then i thought i would

Are these laser cut for an exact fit? Also would you consider a smoke tint to dim the white LEDs a bit?

#569 1 year ago

Anyone who installed a playfield protector care to post about the install? Specifically what on the upper playfield needs to be removed and/or loosened? I did one on my BM66 and that was pretty easy. KISS on the other hand...

1 week later
#575 1 year ago

konjurer looks REALLY nice! Have you considered the Mezel lighted amp mod? It's a very nice mod for the Starchild area.

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Guys, I'm thinking on joining this club (or Aerosmith's)... what is the standard song list? Regarding that feature, are there any differences between models

Same songs all models.

Black Diamond
Calling Dr Love
Detroit Rock City
Deuce
Hotter Than Hell
I Love It Loud
Lick It Up
Love Gun
Rock N Roll All Nite
Shout It Out Loud
Heaven's On Fire (wizard mode)

Screenshot_2017-12-22-06-54-36_1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#587 1 year ago
Quoted from resipsa:

thanks guys, I feel much less dirty about removing the cliffy now

I recently put a playfield protector on mine and took the scoop Cliffy out. Much better!! Anytime I've used a protector and the Cliffy it's been an issue with balls bouncing everywhere.

1 month later
#625 1 year ago

condom1 (resized).jpg

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Found some Kiss decor to put next to my Premium.....
45 signed by Gene & Paul....thought it was cool

Man do I hate to be a pooper but those autos look really suspect.

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Crap.....u serious????

Yes, unfortunately. I've been buying/selling KISS stuff for 30 yrs and I've never seen Gene or Paul's signatures remotely resemble those. I'd take the record off. The framed poster looks sweet next to the machine though.

1 month later
#647 1 year ago
Quoted from Pickle:

One for sure way to get real signatures is from the members themselves

Awesome! Was it tricky carrying your backglass around to meet Ace?

1 week later
#655 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can anyone share any modifications they make in the adjustments to make the rules a bit better? I thought there was an adjustment to carry over some of the rewards?

There's a setting to light all instruments on the first right ramp shot. Plus a setting to carry instruments over to the next ball. You can also adjust the difficulty settings for LG and Demon multiball.

2 weeks later
#670 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

I dont want to start a debate about Stern, but has anyone had their Kiss cabs split? Im getting a little nervous and ordered the cab support brackets

No. But my BM66 split early after it arrived. I went and reinforced both of them. The new reports of Maiden cabs splitting sucks for sure. I have seen one report of a KISS splitting though. Here's the brace job I did on both...

0eef0da603033a59f8fb4f3aec79c4c016414248 (resized).jpg

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from Stones:

Is that 3 brackets you put on? Sorry to hear about your BM66

Yep. I wasn't taking any chances.

4 months later
#709 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..my addiction has bit me again....picking up a nice LE from Steve, so in the club.....beyond waiting on an imminent code drop (appears soon) anything drastic to know about this game? Got to play one in Vegas for quite some time and really enjoyed it...a very fun pin!!!! Thanks...mark

Hey Mark!! Congrats!! I'm sure by now your machine is already dialed in. But heres a thread worth checking out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-le-151-kissues-and-mods

And the secondary owners thread...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-kiss-code

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ed,....you're in too?!?...awesome!!! thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Yep. Its been a frustrating road with code similar to BM66. But its an excellent pin. Looking forward to the final code update.

1 week later
#728 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll post pics after it gets in....mark

Thanks! Very interested in this.

1 week later
#744 1 year ago

Looks awesome Mark! Pinballboy.com V2 are my favorites. I think he has the nicest ones to choose from.

20181021_000417 (resized).jpg20181021_000450 (resized).jpg

Also I highly recommend Mezel's lighted amp mod for Paul. One of my favorites!

1 month later
#750 11 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I was just looking at the original promo blurb, what's this referring to?: "Blood-Spitting Demon Bass Solo player experience".
It's not Demon multiball as that's also on the list.
Something I've not uncovered yet? Or something not coded yet?

For about 2 seconds at the start of Demon multiball Gene is spitting blood. That must be what they are referring to. However if I'm right that's a pretty lame 2 second "feature" to use to advertise selling this pinball machine. Maybe this will be expanded upon in the next code release. I must say that if it wasnt for all of us owners bitching about the code I truly believe Stern would've given up on this title years ago.

#769 11 months ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

"You wanted the best..." intro now in place (from KISS Alive I believe)

Where in the game did they put this? Thanks!

4 weeks later
#773 10 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Hi I’m look for a topper for my pro , anyone selling one ? Thanks

This is probably your best bet. If I didn't have the Stern topper I'd buy this one in a second...
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/kiss/products/kiss-topper

#782 10 months ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Yeah I saw that , I was going to call after the holidays to see if that was a typo . I get it they are out of production, but that price is way out of line .

Not a typo. Price gouging at its finest.

#789 10 months ago

Stern should really do one more small run of these toppers. There are still plenty of machines with distributors to sell. And with the new code I think these machines will sell. Doesn't seem right to have more machines than toppers available. And it would put an end to this $900 bullshit! I have one and love it. But at $900...no thanks! Maybe someone in the mod community can make something similar.

#791 10 months ago

I'd really consider the Modfather topper. For $120 how can u go wrong? I'd get the white logo one that'll reflect the colors better. This occasional price gouging really pisses me off. It looks terrible for the hobby. If it was put on Ebay and hit $900 I'd have no issue with it.

2 months later
#818 8 months ago

After turning my KISS on for the first time in a few weeks I've developed an intermittent chatter on the left flipper when I hold it. I cleaned the switches contacts...they weren't dirty. Tweaked the EOS switch on the flipper button. Checked for loose wires and connectors. Coil lug wires are solid. Strange thing is the chatter disappears when I lift the playfield. When I lower it the chatter returns. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

#821 8 months ago

loose connection on one of your node boards, unplug then reseat them and you should be good.

Thanks Cap! Will give it a shot later tonight.

#827 8 months ago

Reseated the connectors on Node 8. Still having an intermittent chatter. Any other ideas?

#829 8 months ago

Came across this very helpful thread that I actually replied to lol. How ironic that they are both the left flipper?! Looks like I may have to replace the coil. Hard to believe with less than 2000 plays the coil might be bad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-flipper-issue-need-help

1 week later
#830 7 months ago

UPDATE...Went ahead and changed the flipper coil and flipper now works perfectly. I decided to change both flipper coils and stops since the parts weren't too pricey. Hopefully this will help future owners solve this problem.

4 weeks later
#847 6 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....I've got the PBL powerboard, so grabbing my juice there.
I prefer LCD to LED, as there are more choices (HIRES guy).
Installed and ready....Even Sigma in single color looks cool enough to enjoy until they color it...Surely soon...

I've been reading up on Color DMD and am still torn between LCD or LED. Did u buy your LCD from Color DMD? Any chance you could post a video of your display in your spare time?

#851 6 months ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Does KISS support a ColorDMD yet? I haven't seen that they have KISS as an option for using this yet.....

No, hence all these posts about Sigma (single color) DMD.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#853 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But you can put color LCD in now and have a color of chosen in say hi-res mode.
That's what I am trying to do!

Did u buy the LCD from ColorDMD?

2 weeks later
#873 6 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody else seen backstage pass flashing at the scoop, only to hit the shot and nothing happens? (Ball ejects and still flashing...). Very misleading for a dangerous shot.

Sounds like your switch is bad. I had to replace mine soon after purchase.

3 weeks later
#919 5 months ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Ive had the premium since it was released. Ive taken the Gene head apart quite a few times, Stern has sent replacement parts, etc. STDM. Every time. What other pin has an automatic setting for a ball return like the new KISS code does? They know its a problem.

Have you lowered the Demon lockup setting? If you lower it enough the balls will just fall out of his mouth. Not what Stern intended but much better than SDTM.

3 months later
#955 52 days ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

What you guys reckon to the German version of Kiss?
I can get my hands on an LE one but all over the Pin - Translite, PF, DMD, Cab it has Kiss and not the normal ss(bolts)
I guess it would look kinda weird...

It would drive me nuts having the German logo all over. Do they still require the logo in Germany to be censored? I thought I read somewhere that KISS no longer needed to change it.

2 weeks later
#961 36 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, with more than enough time for a good feedback (talking about last updates of course), what you guys think about this pinball !?
still digging it ? i may jump on it (a LE, in a swap with my DI LE), but i'm still not sure (about value of each one)... :/

Totally still digging it! Not as deep as other pins but very challenging. KISS will make you a better player. The city combos and consistent shots to the right ramp are difficult and very satisfying.

#976 34 days ago

I had the SDTM middle issues also when I first got the machine. I just lowered the setting that controls the speed at which the ball is ejected from Gene's mouth. Solved the problem instantly. You could lower the setting so much that the ball will just drop out of Gene's mouth. Not very exciting but it wont shoot SDTM.

#979 33 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Which setting is it? Name or number of the menu-point please. Thank you.

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.

#984 33 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Code is 1.41. What is the right thing to change? Demon Lockup or Demon eject power? Do not understand this well enough. Thank you.

Lower Demon Lockup. They redefined them in the latest code but their names are confusing to most users. The Demon Eject controls the VUK power that shoots the balls INTO Gene's head for multiball. You May have to power cycle the machine for the changes to take effect.

#988 32 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Hello again,
i find Demon eject control but not Demon Lockup.
Demon eject is directly after scoop eject (that means the hole für Backstage pass i think) and starchild area scoop (that means the hole on the top of this area i think). But after these three control menu points there is no Demon lockup, not directly after these nor later in the setting-menu.
I am confused……..

Its gotta be there somewhere. I've adjusted that setting with every code update. I have it written down also but I'm not home til later. I'll be more than happy to check later and post if someone else doesnt beforehand.

#996 32 days ago

Anyone looking to lower the speed at which the balls fly OUT of Gene's mouth its Adjustments/Feature Adjustments (KISS)/#10 Demon Lockup. I have mine set at 22. You DO NOT want to adjust #9. That adjustment is for the VUK of the balls INTO Gene's mouth.

#1003 32 days ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a Kiss topper they’d like to sell?

Theres one on Ebay right now for $900

#1007 29 days ago

Why do people who use a pin for 4+ years list it as MINT? Used doesnt equal MINT.

#1009 29 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Sure can be.
“Mint condition is an expression used to denote the quality of a pre-owned good as displaying virtually no imperfections”

Had no idea MINT could be applied to used items. KISS premiums dont come up for sale very often. Best of luck with your sale!

#1011 27 days ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Of course. A 50-year old baseball card can still be Mint condition. In pinball terms I would assume New In Box would be better than Mint.

For me, I always went by the philosophy that if it was out of it's original packaging it wasnt Mint. In terms of pinball who knows? Does a 5 year old game with dimples classify Mint?

3 weeks later
#1020 3 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Hi Pinside community,
First post, but I thought I would bump this question back up. I just picked up a Kiss Premium. Looks new, code updated, plays awesome.
Like this original post I too am seeing this behavior, backstage is lit plus any other lights, new track, extra ball, etc.. when I hit the shot...30-50% of the time it just pops back out, without awarding the Backstage Pass or anything else lit up.
I had a cliffy, removed it(which makes the shot easier but the behavior is the same, with or w/o the cliffy.
Any insights?

I had this exact issue shortly after buying new. I replaced the scoop micro switch and haven't had an issue since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
$ 21.00
$ 11.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6,999.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thundergod76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside