IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Thinking of getting a KISS premium, as I'm a huge fan since I was 13 (first concert) However, I just bought AS pro & a lot of guys on that thread say KISS is virtually identical to AS, except they bash the hell out of the KISS layout & code.
Is it really that bad?

KISS is better code, that's for sure. More modes and more multiballs. Almost anyone that has both for more than a month together will tell you that.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Well, that was weird. Just had a game where Lick It Up suddenly became I Love It Loud.
That is, it continued with the Lick mode but sound was now playing ILIL
Never had that before - is it a known bug?

It's a LONG documented bug that was copied to the Aerosmith code when they used KISS as a base, so Aerosmith has it, too. Check out the 1.30 bugs thread for KISS - it's on there:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-130-bugs-and-wishlist

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

so I have a chance to buy a Kiss LE at a very good price, any reason NOT to do this Kiss owners? I like the band's music (although I know I'll change songs with pinball browser) but curious if anyone would try and talk me out of it?

Even if you're not a KISS fan (I'm not), it's a really GREAT, deep, and challenging game. It will be a while before you can beat it. The foil-base cabinet only on the LE is really beautiful in person. Only Batman'66 cabinet looks better. At current prices, HUO LE and Premiums are a steal.

I didn't intend to own a KISS LE, but once I saw it on the route I help with, I had to "rescue" it. It was only out for about a month before I bought it off the route and it was replaced with a premium.

1 week later
#494 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

guys I keep getting an "update failed" after trying to upgrade to 1.30. The original owner never upgraded the code, so I downloaded it, used pinball browser to change my songs, but I've tried twice and same thing. Any ideas??

Can you update with a stock file? Maybe you messed up a checksum or something. I'd download a clean version and update with that, THEN you'll know if it's your pinball browser work that's causing the issue or if you have another problem. Also, might want to reformat/change USB sticks in case that's a contributing factor.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m glad they’re revisiting the code, but as it sits, I’m really happy with the game. I hit Kiss Army last night, then Heavens On Fire.
Of course more can be done, but I’m still happy with my purchase.

If there were no more updates at all, it would still be a very complete game, and very fun. However, it would be nice if this upcoming "final" update would take care of all the outstanding bugs.

3 weeks later
#509 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Well I bought KISS LE on a whim and joined the Army . It has hard shots . Only played a beat up pro with .65 code. I think I will warm up to the pinball machine I spent a good amount on it . I was just thinking about it for a few weeks read this entire 11 page thread . I bought a fairly expensive KISS LE $6,350.00 HUO really nice. Owner did not play it much he has 9 other machines so it looks new. It is one of those pinball machines I am taking a chance on . If I do not like it may be hard to sell. But I almost passed and something inside my brain just said buy it. Any player tips for a KISS noob, strategically . Looking in to Love GUN Kim lighting mod . I normally do not buy LE pinballs with out absolutely loving then first. I bought KISS LE after playing a Pro a handful of times. The music , and crowed noise effects and the play ( I think may be easer??) got me on a mission to find one in Colorado in excellent shape I PM all Three KISS LE owners in Colorado and got one reply . It is now in my home. Fingers crossed I warm up to KISS LE and play better. Lick it Up . Peace

Congrats! If it's not already installed, you need the Lovegun lighting mod immediately. The BEST mod for the machine.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Ordered from Kim yesterday . Thank you .

You'll be amazed how much better it makes that mode start levitating ball look. Should have been in there from the factory.

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Every KISS Prem/LE owner need to order Kim's http://www.kimballspinballs.com/kiss/ ( Love Gun Multi-Ball) lighting kit .
Thanks vireland !!! REALLY Lights Up The Entire Rear Of The Play Field Plus The Levitating Ball When You Make The LIT Love Gun Multi-Ball Ramp Shot !!
Check YouTube it does not do it justice even better "Live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=5Ysz9zJxS88

Yeah, I don't usually promote mods, but that KISS Lovegun mod is so fantastic every KISS Prem/LE machine needs it.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Ignoring all the nay-sayers, code question marks, etc. and planning to order a KISS.
Stuck deciding between Pro and Premium.
I was curious if any Pro buyers wish they'd gone Premium or any Premium buyers wish they'd gone Pro?

Premium/LE all the way for KISS. Colored inserts are great. Starchild area isn't gimped. Lovegun multiball start is AWESOME with the Kimball's mod.

If you have a chance to get an LE (they're drifting towards $6k HUO), do it. The reflective foil cabinet decals are really awesome. Only eclipsed by the Batman SLE.

People complain about KISS not being "finished" but it's a whole lot more polished than Aerosmith. You'll enjoy it just fine.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I want to join your club but am struggling to find a game here in the UK.

Sure is slim pickins for KISS Prem/LE in the UK, that's for sure!

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Slim pickings for ANY game in the UK built in the last 4 years. NIB prices have destroyed the second hand market. There are only a handful of new games being sold.
Beware US pin monkeys, this is what happens when the pricing goes too far.

Wow, that's terrible. Fortunately there's a huge reservoir of pins to start with here if pricing or quality problems destroy the NIB market.

How much do they charge for a game on a newish pin there?

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Well it is $8200 for a NIB Stern Pro. $13200 for a Stern LE.
A desirable used newer Stern Pro will go for $6000 - $7000 (possibly more) and that is IF you can find one for sale. There is currently a HUO KISS Pro for sale on Pinside at $4800 ONO. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I meant what do you typically pay to play one game on a newish pin on location there?

1 month later
#590 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just put the new Cliffy on mine and, yeah, there’s no doubt the ball’s still bouncing out a lot more than it does without it.
Same as it did with the old one, pretty much.
In fact, it becomes easier to hit it with the right flipper!
I don’t know - don’t want excessive wear but what’s the point if that shot stops the fun?
Can any non-Cliffy users reassure us about that hole?

Give it 20 or 30 plays to calm down. It does settle in over time, and given the brittleness of the clear, you definitely want it protected.

1 week later
#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
I would like to buy a Kiss Pro. I'm not a fan of the band (i don't hate it) but i love the layout.
I have now IM and TWD, and soon a Met Pro. I had almost all Sterns big titles before, Tron, Lotr, ACDC, SM, ST etc...
How is the code of Kiss? I watched a lot of videos and read a rulesheet but i don't really understand what kind of ruleset it is. Is it like Met or IM?
Can someone please tell me in a few lines how it plays please?
Is there someting wrong with the code right now or a final update is really important?
Thanks

Code is fine as is. Could use some tweaking and bug fixes, but very minor. The KISS code was used as a base for the Aerosmith code.

On the used market the prices aren't that different between Pro and Premium, and the Premium is a LOT better, so I'd pony up for that. It's nothing like IM and TWD and only bears a very superficial resemblance to Met, so there will be little crossover.

2 weeks later
#603 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else buy this armor? Mine seems to be bubbling...

Looks like rusting from under the powdercoating. Are you near the ocean? The other possibility is the steel (it's not stainless like the blade) was not treated properly before powdercoating and the rust was sealed in and has now grown to the point that it's showing.

1 week later
#607 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is Stern still producing KISS? How many LE were made? Have they all been sold or is there a lot of inventory remaining at distributors?

600 KISS LEs were made. I doubt any are still at Stern, but there are some at the distributor level.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I seem to have a new problem with the Demon Lock on my LE.
Generally the first two balls get up from the VUK fine, but the third just won’t, come the start of multiball.
Anyone else had this? Possible causes?
*pins hopes on vireland once more*

Upicker is probably just too strong and a fask-kicked ball#3 is hitting the #2 ball already in the lock and bouncing back down. Adjust the power down a smidge, and remember that the setting #8 and 9 are REVERSED, so you have to adjust the "wrong" one to affect the upkicker.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Funnily enough, during the same game that finally proved all was ok with the Demon, my left flipper decided to have a problem of its own. Went weak all of a sudden but it seems to be intermittent.

Most-likely this is your EOS switch. If the connection is not rock-solid it makes the flipper intermittently feel soft. Just adjust the switch so it makes a better connection.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Hmm, had a look and ran business card between the leaves. Seems to be working fine yet now I actually have the EOS error message!
What with screwing up the Starchild drop target while installing capguntrooper’s fine mod, I’m having a shit week with this machine (Demon’s fine though! )

Look at it while you slowly manipulate the flipper manually to activate the switch a few times. Sometimes the pads are making contact, but they're not flat, but slightly off-angle. For some reason KISS is touchier about this than most.

3 years later
#1473 2 years ago

I know some people are hunting LEs, especially with the topper. So...

I have a buddy in Las Vegas that's very likely selling his mint low play KISS LE with the Stern KISS topper and some upgrades soon. Probably asking $12k-13k. PM me if you're interested and I can let him know.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Man I'd offer up my Iron Maiden LE w/topper for it if he was closer. My wife and I just bought tix for KISS for our anniversary, so you can see where our priorities lie.

It's a great game. I had a KISS LE and played the crap out of it. One of the few pins I'd have again.

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I like the pro better than the LE/Premium. Thankfully this game will get vaulted eventually.

I've had all three models over time and could not disagree more. Prem/LE is where the action is, and the LE is one of the best-looking LE packages Stern has done. The shiny foil base cabinet and fake mirrored backglass make a stunning machine.

The levitating ball running across the whole backboard (even better with the Kimball's pinballs lighting mod), demon head ball lock that spits balls, actual drop targets for KISS, and RGB lighting (instead of just arrows on the pro) make it a much better overall experience.

2 months later
#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Just curious, what is a KISS LE going for these days?

WITH the official topper, $12-15k. Crazy money.

2 months later
#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

That might even be a touch low.
Terry.

Yeah, my buddy in Vegas has finally decided to have me list his for $15k with the topper and a bunch of upgrades (shaker, mirror blades, cliffies, etc). I still can't believe they're selling for this, but the Topper seems to be a strong salemaker bullet point.

1 week later
#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

What is a huo Kiss pro with the topper worth now?

Just the topper is $2.5k-$3k (hard to keep track, toppers move fast), so probably at LEAST $9.5k if HUO in good shape. I see that one JUST went in the market for $8795 with the topper, though...

But I strongly recommend a Prem for KISS. If you're interested, try to get at least a Prem.

Crazy looking at how prices have gone nuts in the pandemic. You could get a KISS Pro (no topper) for $4k pre-pandemic.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

I have a Kiss pro now. Thinking about moving something for something new.
I can't believe how much they are going for!!!
Thanks for the info.

You could get enough for a KISS Pro with the topper to put you within a few bucks of a NIB Stern Premium, maybe with the art blades and shaker. It'd be a good trade up, but you'd probably have to wait for the premium to come off the line. Long lead times.

2 months later
#1532 2 years ago

No ColorDMD gasket ordered to take up the giant gap on the angled Spike 1 panels with a colorDMD LCD?

#1544 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Another alternative if you have a 3d printer, I made this spacer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4738004

That'll block a lot of the light, but the dust will still get in and build up the display plexi (which I *hate*).

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

It's a tight, flush fit so should keep most out. I have this one installed for 2 years and haven't noticed any dust. But now that you put it in my head, I probably will obsess about it now and see every spec. Damn you! haha

Pull the display and run your finger on the back of the plexi. Pretty sure you'll find dust. It also depends on how dusty your environment is overall, though. But in 2 years? There has to be some dust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.