• Rocks! 61 votes
    85%
  • Rolls! 4 votes
    6%
  • Me Quick! 7 votes
    10%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 187 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0443 (resized).jpeg
20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
20191011_134836 (resized).jpg
20191011_134815 (resized).jpg
_2261567 (resized).JPG
_2261566 (resized).JPG
_2261562 (resized).JPG
_2261561 (resized).JPG
_2261559 (resized).JPG
_2261560 (resized).JPG
_2261557 (resized).JPG
_2261558 (resized).JPG
_2261556 (resized).JPG
IMG_1661 (resized).JPG
IMG_1680 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#843 7 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

But can we have the real Band without the hired guns....I know it’s the current lineup but ya know real Kiss fans would only want the original members.

Yawn

2 weeks later
#854 7 months ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I know this has been talked about many times but I cannot find the demon SDTM
Fix thread. Other then loosening the 4-6 screws and twisting his head , is there other tricks? I tried different eject powers unless I’m missing a certain one?
I tried putting some laminate in its mouth to mis direct the ball a little.
No luck. Is there something else anyone tried ?
My next move was going to be placing a little round felt piece in its mouth somewhere. The felt you adhere to bottom of chair legs ?

Its an absolute mess. On the old code there was a partial fix but this one is just perfect STDM everytime. Only fix is to turn on the automatic return in the settings. Just awful. Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game? Complete fail by Stern. Seriously did the designers want it this way? Ive never seen something so awful and Ive played lots of pinball machines.

Im stuck with mine as a KISS collectible. Luckily Ive talked many other KISS fans out of buying it and many have changed their minds after playing mine.

#856 7 months ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Well it does suck when it happens but I wouldn’t talk anyone out of the game!
I like it a lot! I seem to gravitate more to it then the Metallica premium And so does everybody else that comes over .
It’s just fun and fast .
Anyway there Has to be a decent fix for this . I’m on a mission .
Like I said maybe there’s a little piece of felt with Adhesive on the back
Or a clear half round rubber piece you
That you find on the bottom of laptops etc. so they don’t slide .
Im going to experiment with one and adhere it somewhere in the mouth to mis direct the ball ...... like these!
amazon.com link »

I wouldnt wish this game on anyone. And Im a huge KISS fan stuck with this Stern machine.

#859 7 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I fought tooth and nail w/the Demon while I had it, but my issue was locking balls properly. Sometimes it'd be perfect. Sometimes, it'd decide to register the lock, but spit out the ball into play. Sometimes, it wouldn't register at all.
I agree though. Overall it's a huge mechanism fail. They should be embarrassed.

I bought mine new and the mechanism has never worked right. Stern has sent replacement parts etc. Definite requirement with this game is the long flexible magnet to get the stuck balls out.

#860 7 months ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I bought mine new and the mechanism has never worked right. Stern has sent replacement parts etc. Definite requirement with this game is the long flexible magnet to get the stuck balls out.

I bought it as a KISS collectible. I had the backglass signed. It sits next to the 78 Bally. Trust me after this one I would never buy another Stern product.

3 weeks later
#878 6 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Anybody else seen backstage pass flashing at the scoop, only to hit the shot and nothing happens? (Ball ejects and still flashing...). Very misleading for a dangerous shot.

The scoop is too difficult to hit on this game anyway. Sometimes it kind of rolls in. Direct hits never go in. God this game sucks. How fun would it be if this or the right ramp or the left lane were hittable targets?

2 weeks later
#902 5 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi Kiss Army,
I may have an opportunity to pick up a Kiss LE NIB that's been in storage by a distro.
Am i correct in saying this game was produced in 2015?
How common is the SDTM issue from Gene Simmons napper?
Any other issues or is this pin pretty much bullet proof.....
The art package is awesome.....
Thanks.....

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

#917 5 months ago

Ive had the premium since it was released. Ive taken the Gene head apart quite a few times, Stern has sent replacement parts, etc. STDM. Every time. What other pin has an automatic setting for a ball return like the new KISS code does? They know its a problem.

#921 5 months ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

The LE Gene head is finicky, but certainly not impossible to fix the sdtm issue..... shoot, give me a weekend and I'll have the thing shooting in the outlane.

Im right outside St louis.

2 months later
#949 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

mine never go straight down the middle from the gene head. Don't let one guys inability to set up a machine correctly discourage you.

My machine is setup just fine thank you. Ive adjusted the angle and checked the leveling more than a few times. Ive contacted Stern quite a few times and have probably taken the demon head assembly apart and adjusted it at least 5 times. Stern has sent different parts they say are better. No need to insult me cause the machine is a complete lemon.

The positive is with the new code there is a save setting so anytime it shoots out of the demon head its an automatic save. I guess Stern realized what an awful feature it is also and added their fix into the code. Its still an awful feature. Theres a couple on location around me and one has old code. Very short games as the demon head is STDM every time on those also.

1 month later
#963 41 days ago

Still terrible. Dont recommend. Im stuck with it as I bought it as a KISS collectible and had it signed. Horrid game play and the Gene STDM every time feature. They changed the code so any time it spits the ball out there is an automatic save but still no excuse for such an awful feature. I would sell at a loss in a heartbeat and buy something else if it wasnt a KISS machine.

#966 41 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Lol. Dude, you've been here crying about this pin for years. If it brings you so much pain just sell it lol. Crazy.

Im stuck with it. I bought it as a KISS collectible and it sits in my KISS room. people come over and play a game or two then move on to a much better machine. If am ever asked what i think i will be honest. Always hope I can keep someone else from buying such an awful machine. And yes of course Im very very disappointed about what an awful machine this turned out to be.

#971 41 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

It is interesting you have the problem with the gene head. I have never had that problem.
I do have a problem with my AC/DC where the ball comes out of the pops/bell and goes right down the middle.
It can be quite frustrating but it is still a good game and Kiss is better!!

Ive had many calls with Stern think I have taken it apart 4 times and adjusted it. They sent a new part. Same every time.

#972 41 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Have you ever played a different one? Maybe on location or at someone's house?
Just wandering what you thought of one that didn't have those issues.Every one I play on location is about the same.

#973 41 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

It is interesting you have the problem with the gene head. I have never had that problem.
I do have a problem with my AC/DC where the ball comes out of the pops/bell and goes right down the middle.
It can be quite frustrating but it is still a good game and Kiss is better!!

I think going from the pops right down the pipe is a Stern thing. KISS does that a lot also.

#980 40 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.There were 2 separate adjustments if I remember correctly.

#992 39 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

It works! Have done, what you suggested. Behind the tongue is a metal piece. On the right side a small foam gasket and the ball triples out direct to the right flipper. EVERY TIME! Thanks a lot.
What i have seen, under the head is a disk.
Never noticed that before.
It seems, mine does not work. Or is it a mode-thing? If not, what can i do to make it working? Settings? Connectors?
Last sentence to the spit-problem.
I am not the McGyver of this town, but two minutes of work, two cent of invest and that is too complex for joekiss? Two minutes work versus years of anger? That is too high for me.

Guess expecting a $6500 pinball machine to work is too much to ask. How about the fact that the ball gets stuck in the Gene head all of the time. Probably 25% of my games end with the following message. Truly sorry if you dont like my opinion.

20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
#995 39 days ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Did not want to hurt you, did not understand why not fix an easy problem when you know how.
This here in the picture is another problem, i have that problem never seen in my pin.
But i saw a solution for this problem too.
Stern has a new metal thing to make this problem obsolete.
Step by step.... and you have a fun machine.

They have sent me two different parts. I keep a long extendable magnet when i have to get them out myself. has been like this since I opened the box.

#1010 34 days ago

Had no idea MINT could be applied to used items. KISS premiums dont come up for sale very often. Best of luck with your sale!

Of course. A 50-year old baseball card can still be Mint condition. In pinball terms I would assume New In Box would be better than Mint.

#1012 34 days ago

For me, I always went by the philosophy that if it was out of it's original packaging it wasnt Mint. In terms of pinball who knows? Does a 5 year old game with dimples classify Mint?Ne because It has dimples. In theory a 50 year old machine that was taken out of a box never played and stored correctly is mint correct? Is a new 2019 machine that comes out of the box with a broken backglass mint? Plus honestly mint is more of a baseball card/comic term.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joekiss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside