IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-drum11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#832 5 years ago

Can someone tell me if the left out lane
That the ball drops onto from ramp
Always registers or makes a noise ?
Reason I’m asking I test fitted a cliff and pulled it out and the wire came out a little. I pushed it back down and it looks ok . So when I went to roll a ball over it,
It only registers the first roll. Is this normal and I just never noticed it?
It’s the lane that says. Light bumper shot
I don’t have the cliffy on it right now
Thank you-J

#836 5 years ago

Seriously don’t understand why at least the premium or Le machine isn’t higher up on the rating list?
I’ve been playing the le or premium for years and finally bought an le 6 weeks ago along with a Metallica premium!
As much as I like the Metallica, everyone at the house including myself gravitate more towards my kiss LE !
It looks awesome in the room it’s fast, smooth, great light show and sounds great. And if you add that topper and crank up the soundIt’s just plain badass!

2 weeks later
#845 5 years ago

Little help?
Was playing kiss machine today took a break and when I turned it back on I noticed the topper is not lighting up anymore. Is this blown fuse somewhere?

1 week later
#846 4 years ago

I know this has been talked about many times but I cannot find the demon SDTM
Fix thread. Other then loosening the 4-6 screws and twisting his head , is there other tricks? I tried different eject powers unless I’m missing a certain one?
I tried putting some laminate in its mouth to mis direct the ball a little.
No luck. Is there something else anyone tried ?
My next move was going to be placing a little round felt piece in its mouth somewhere. The felt you adhere to bottom of chair legs ?

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Its an absolute mess. On the old code there was a partial fix but this one is just perfect STDM everytime. Only fix is to turn on the automatic return in the settings. Just awful. Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game? Complete fail by Stern. Seriously did the designers want it this way? Ive never seen something so awful and Ive played lots of pinball machines.
Im stuck with mine as a KISS collectible. Luckily Ive talked many other KISS fans out of buying it and many have changed their minds after playing mine.

Well it does suck when it happens but I wouldn’t talk anyone out of the game!
I like it a lot! I seem to gravitate more to it then the Metallica premium And so does everybody else that comes over .
It’s just fun and fast .
Anyway there Has to be a decent fix for this . I’m on a mission .
Like I said maybe there’s a little piece of felt with Adhesive on the back
Or a clear half round rubber piece you
That you find on the bottom of laptops etc. so they don’t slide .
Im going to experiment with one and adhere it somewhere in the mouth to mis direct the ball ...... like these!
https://www.amazon.com/Cabinet-Bumpers-Dampening-Drawers-Cutting/dp/B07LGK6RWN/ref=asc_df_B07LGK6RWN/

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Was hoping for a ColorDMD announcement for KISS today........ hopefully soon.
I think I will go LCD when it's released. I have LCD in my GB and ST and really like the look.

Really looking forward to this myself.
I think it will be a great add on to this machine. I only have met prem
And kiss le and I cant do the Metallica til they are both color! Haha

3 weeks later
#874 4 years ago

I recently was looking at a premium kiss in an arcade and noticed the arrow inserts had stars on them??? Is this stock or a custom mod?
My LE does not have this

#875 4 years ago
5E4D7C86-7EA4-4044-BE9A-0CA84E0AC534 (resized).jpeg5E4D7C86-7EA4-4044-BE9A-0CA84E0AC534 (resized).jpeg
#879 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

The scoop is too difficult to hit on this game anyway. Sometimes it kind of rolls in. Direct hits never go in. God this game sucks. How fun would it be if this or the right ramp or the left lane were hittable targets?

Scoop is easy to back flip into from left flipper.
That right ramp is a huge challenge.
Sometimes I find myself playing multiple games just gunning for that ramp!
I still love the game. I play it way more then Metallica premium. Maybe because it’s faster and I like kiss more

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

I took the Cliffy off my scoop. Makes the game much more enjoyable. Not worried about wear... I can always put one back on.
Doesn't matter anyway... the game will never leave.

I lined the edge of the scoop with laminate!
Works great!

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I picked up a pro a few months ago, glad I bought it. No issues, and a fun reminder of the 4 times we saw them in the 70s. Glad I bought it instead of munsters, beatles, dialed in, wonka, or any other new title from this year

Laminate that I use
Bought in a target but I’m sure others use different

7CAC4F75-51CC-4A24-92E6-F1C8366F3651 (resized).jpeg7CAC4F75-51CC-4A24-92E6-F1C8366F3651 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi Kiss Army,
I may have an opportunity to pick up a Kiss LE NIB that's been in storage by a distro.
Am i correct in saying this game was produced in 2015?
How common is the SDTM issue from Gene Simmons napper?
Any other issues or is this pin pretty much bullet proof.....
The art package is awesome.....
Thanks.....

Love my kiss LE!!!!
I recently tweaked the gene head
Between loosing a couple screws and changing a couple settings!
Works great! Congratulations!

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I completely disagree with this opinion. On my LE I have not had either of those problems with the Gene head, and I think it plays great. Some of the shots are a little tougher than an average Stern pin, but still very easy to get into a groove on. And the most recent code update was fantastic, it takes it to another level.

Agree!
Great machine

#914 4 years ago

Had my nib Le since feb
Love the machine!
Read people’s suggestions,
Loosened screws on gene head and twisted a little also messed with a couple settings. It’s not perfect but it’s 75% better with sdtm shots now.
And I would expect it to burn me with one down the middle once in a while, it’s part of the game.
If machine is leveled out pretty good ,
The right ramp is easier to hit and less sdtm. That’s been my experience with my machine.
When I first got machine I was playing with original code for a week til I updated to the latest. It made a huge difference.
I still feel this machine deserves a higher ranking, it’s fun , fast , great lighting fx and personally I like the music.

1 week later
#924 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I love the artwork and really appreciate the respect paid to the Bally but the backboard art seems a little out of step with the rest. I don't think Kevin O did that part (just a guess)... So, I'm playing with the Alive II gate fold. I think I like it, whaddya think???[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

2 weeks later
#925 4 years ago

Anybody else have a kiss topper that stops working on them? The kiss topper I have after a couple hours seems to blink then shut down. Does anybody know what may be causing this problem?

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Playing with dolls, again...
What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

2 years later
#1469 2 years ago

What’s a serious price to buy a kiss LE with topper these days?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j-drum11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=j-drum11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.