IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

The Star Child Flame Protector Mod is listed here on Pinside in the classifieds linked to Kiss.

PM capguntrooper . He sells them.

1 month later
#555 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Plan to join the club tomorrow; going to check out a Pro and hopefully take it home. Any suggestions for specific trouble spots to look for?

With the glass off, go thru the demon ball lock flow. Be sure it's working properly.

2 weeks later
#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The new design from cliffy just went on mine. Its working great. Fits flush all the way around. One thing you must do is not screw down the rear post so tight that it buckles the cliffy in front. Ive seen people do it and then complain when the cliffy is popped up in front.
Remember it is a hard shot so you may have a few shots not go in everytime.
Magicchiz

I have a new Cliffy coming for mine as well. The old one eventually buckled.

1 month later
#602 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else buy this armor? Mine seems to be bubbling...

I have it but never installed it. Looks perfect.

1 week later
#609 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I seem to have a new problem with the Demon Lock on my LE.
Generally the first two balls get up from the VUK fine, but the third just won’t, come the start of multiball.
Anyone else had this? Possible causes?
*pins hopes on vireland once more*

Does it happen 100% of the time?

The machine locks it, but won't recognize it? Or the machine physically tries to lock it up, but the ball falls back down each time?

Reseat opto connectors and also check the trough opto. When these new optos go, they work and then crap out sporatically.

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

This, but 95% of the time it’s just the third ball falling back down.

Try adjusting the DEMON LOCKUP POWER settings. Or the pitch of the table. Or a combination of both.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just to update: Reducing Demon Eject (#8 on adjustments) from 32 to 28 seems to have done the trick. Thanks!
Weird for it to spontaneously become overpowered but there you are.
Funnily enough, during the same game that finally proved all was ok with the Demon, my left flipper decided to have a problem of its own. Went weak all of a sudden but it seems to be intermittent.
Pinball eh? Seems a bit early for a rebuild.
After a largely flawless couple of years, I think it’s determined to give me a couple off Kissues to sort before the final code arrives.
Still, Capgun Trooper’s Starchild protector arrived in post today, so it’s not all bad!

The intermittent flipper issue is the spikes system stable. Most likely a loose connection on one of the note boards under the playfield. It’s happened all my spike games before. Just look for and reseat loose connectors.

1 month later
#640 6 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Hey Brain trust,
Just took delivery of an lightly used LE, I think something may have shook loose during transport; Upon power up, the solenoid that kicks the ball out of Gene's mouth fires like every 3 seconds, (see photo) like it thinks there is a ball there that needs to be ejected. Unable to start game during this....After about 20 attempts, I get the operator error message "Demon Lockup Device malfunction". The game will then sort of play, and it it will load balls toward Demon multi ball, but won't eject them.
I'm thinking there is a switch that became out of position that is triggering this, but a bit intimidated by disassembling the entire Demon head.
Any thoughts? Appreciate any advice. -Paul

It’s all optos in that head. Start simple first. Under the playfield, make reseat the opto connectors (they’re labeled). If that doesn’t work there should be an opto connector to the a node board too. Reseat that.

3 weeks later
#668 5 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Thanks!!! That did the trick!

Awesome! I remember I was soooooo ticked off at the Demon head and then, boom, simple fix.

1 week later
#679 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone else having issues with weak flippers? I thought i had heard something about that with kiss, but now i need to know the solution.

With Spike games, try reseating the GI connectors in the node boards. They can cause issues.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

All the node boards?

I believe so. There's like 3 of them that have GI if I remember? Spike system is crazy. Hard to remember.

4 months later
#704 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

my kiss pro is giving me demon lock issues. balls are getting jammed and the VUK won't kick them out. It seems like the switch is intermittent and the coil stopped working. is there a way to disable the lock until I can figure out a fix for this? game is on location and need to get it up and running

Not sure if this would help, but there should be an option for VIRTUAL LOCK for Pro and Prem/LE machines. That mechanism should work easily, but just does not. It's poorly designed.

THIS IS THE #1 THING THE KISS UPDATE SHOULD ADDRESS. ADD VIRTUAL LOCK ONLY.

2 weeks later
#716 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone put a colordmd in this game ( Sigma obviously at this point) . I'm a sucker for HIRES, and curious how the display looks from that standpoint. .....I am sure it would get colorized at some point after code is baked...Taken this approach w several of my games....

You can't. Not supported by ColorDMD yet. There's an update coming, so you would imagine animations will be tweaked, so it's not final anyway.

1 month later
#755 5 years ago

OMG are you kidding me?! Less than 250K from a BILLION! Damnit that was fun, though. This pin has been kicking my ass lately.

IMG_6679 (resized).JPGIMG_6679 (resized).JPG
#758 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Amazing score!!!!! This is a sure sign that new code will be dropping any day now .....huge thumbs up (loving this game, as well...)

It has to be a sign. Had 3x playfield going for the entire 2nd ball essentially and ran thru nearly everything.

During Heaven's on Fire, I collected Super Jackpot, then continued. Got the all 5 inserts around the scoop lit, and missed shot after shot, then drained . Had no idea what was about to be awarded.

1 month later
#800 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

With a lot of regret and sadness I’m out of the club. Good news for you all is that Stern KISS machines seems to be growing in popularity. My local dealer had several inquiries for KISS and I was convinced to sell my Pro for basically what I bought it new for! Hopefully this game finally gets the respect it should have always had. I hated to sell it especially with new code.

I left recently and agree that the code update is great, but for me as a long-term KISS owner it was kind of a let down. If you DON'T own a KISS, I think you'll love it, but after playing it under "old code" for a while, I was used to it being fairly difficult. New defaults and mode changes definitely change that.

I imagine some MET owners feel this way too after the updates.

3 months later
#857 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Its an absolute mess. On the old code there was a partial fix but this one is just perfect STDM everytime. Only fix is to turn on the automatic return in the settings. Just awful. Anyone else embarrassed when other people play their game? Complete fail by Stern. Seriously did the designers want it this way? Ive never seen something so awful and Ive played lots of pinball machines.
Im stuck with mine as a KISS collectible. Luckily Ive talked many other KISS fans out of buying it and many have changed their minds after playing mine.

I fought tooth and nail w/the Demon while I had it, but my issue was locking balls properly. Sometimes it'd be perfect. Sometimes, it'd decide to register the lock, but spit out the ball into play. Sometimes, it wouldn't register at all.

I agree though. Overall it's a huge mechanism fail. They should be embarrassed.

1 month later
#906 4 years ago

I am a Kiss fan had a beautiful LE. I don’t miss it.

Gene head was inconsistent and sometimes pretty damn frustrating. The flow should be great, but some shots are too damn tight so it isn’t.

4 months later
#981 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

It's called "Demon LockUp/Release Power" and controls the coil that kicks out locked balls from the Demon Head. Not sure of the adjustment number but it's under Game settings.

Depending on what code you're running, Demon Lockup and Demon Eject Power are reversed. Just FYI. Latest update might have solved this.

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Guess expecting a $6500 pinball machine to work is too much to ask. How about the fact that the ball gets stuck in the Gene head all of the time. Probably 25% of my games end with the following message. Truly sorry if you dont like my opinion.[quoted image]

Joe, I agree w/you on the Demon head. It's a poorly designed mech. A bunch of simple concepts that *should* work together in theory, but if one's out of whack, the whole thing wrecks the experience. Lived through it for 2+ years and it's a PITA to troubleshoot, b/c the breakdown could be anywhere, including the optos.

1 month later
#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Sorry guys, i have to go. Had a swap with an AC/DC Pro Vault, i could not resist.

Good swap. And I’m a huge Kiss fan.

10 months later
#1307 3 years ago
Quoted from Cwbys1:

I'm new to Pinside and and would appreciate any help I can get. I have a problem with the balls getting stuck in the demon lock. Not all the time but its happening more and more. The machine is searching for the balls and finally the error message comes up. I then have to turn the power off. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
@pinsiders
Thanks
Brett
 Post last edited 16 days ago.

I'm trying to help via memory (don't have the machine anymore), but HOW are they getting stuck?

- Do they enter the bottom, and the head doesn't recognize a ball is there? Or
- Does the head recognize it's there (on the bottom) and keeps trying to kick it up into the head, but fails? Or
- Are their multiple balls in the lock (the "locking works correctly") and the head just doesn't recognize it should spit them out?

That's Demon head is one of the worst designed devices. Lots of opto switch issues.

3 weeks later
#1339 3 years ago

Anyone have a Kiss Premium for sale, LMK. Thanks!

3 months later
#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from ucsbaviator:

Hey all! I'm a fairly new pinball owner (and new to this site) and just learning about fixes and working on my pin. Thanks to the expertise here, I have already solved a few issues on my Kiss Pro. My latest issue that just started the other day is that the right sling isn't always reacting when the ball hits it...it works, but it seems it needs a sensitivity adjustment. How do I go about correcting this issue? Thanks!

1 month later
#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I Played around 10 Games learning the shots. I guess I got dialed in pretty good. Made it to the Kiss Army!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. The last code update made it easier for sure, but that's still a hell of an achievement, ESPECIALLY in 10 games.

3 months later
#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know some people are hunting LEs, especially with the topper. So...
I have a buddy in Las Vegas that's very likely selling his mint low play KISS LE with the Stern KISS topper and some upgrades soon. Probably asking $12k-13k. PM me if you're interested and I can let him know.

Man I'd offer up my Iron Maiden LE w/topper for it if he was closer. My wife and I just bought tix for KISS for our anniversary, so you can see where our priorities lie.

2 years later
#1812 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Attention fellow kisstards: I may have a little get together at my pinball shop a 15 minute walk from msg after the show. If you are up for it PM me!

Damn I would totally be there. Went last night!

IMG_1239 (resized).jpegIMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
#1839 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

This piece was just released today.
Interesting and sheds some light on it all.

Love KISS. Have no interest in NFT KISS.

1 month later
#1895 3 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there any truth for a KISS vault?

Man I hope so.

#1904 3 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

When I bought my KISS LE about 7 years ago I didn’t have room for the topper so I asked the guy selling it if he would take a couple hundred off the price and sell it without the topper. He of course agreed. I didn’t realize how in-demand the toppers were…or would eventually become.
[quoted image]

I sold my KISS LE with topper for less than what Stern charges for a NIB Pro today.
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#1907 3 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Did you sell it before they came out with the big code update for it? That’s how I was able to get my LE for a great price, it had a bad rap because of the code so people were selling them rather cheap.

Yep. My Gene head never worked correctly either. PITA mech. So I figured if I wanted to I'd just pick up another one down the line. Almost did, but hesitated and lost out on it. You snooze you lose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.