IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#292 7 years ago

Has anyone replaced any of the rubber posts in KISS? If so, are these the 1 1/16" inch version as sold on Pinballlife.com?
(http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=68)
I'm considering swapping out the standard black for red but would like to hear/see some ideas as to what people have done.

1 week later
#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone had problem with the diverter on their Premium/LE? Mine sometimes fires all the way, half way, or just sticks in the up position.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having an issue with my right ramp diverter (Love Gun multiball) on my Premium.. I've been in contact with Stern about it and Chaz has on order a new assembly for me. Originally, he sent out the wrong plunger mechanism and a new one has to be assembled since they don't normally stock this part.
In my case, 9/10 times cannot get the plunger to drop down yet the coil is firing because I can hear a click. When I physically attempt to push the ramp diverter metal rectangle down it's sometimes physically difficult to do so and I have to wiggle the piece and then I can push it down.
Stern didn't have a good answer as to why this might be happening but at least it doesn't sound like I'm the only one having the issue.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

No oil should ever be used in a pinball machine.

What lubricant might be safe to use in the diverter plunger rod mechanism?

#303 7 years ago

I did go ahead and use a Teflon lubricant for the portion of the plunger that is completely below the playfield and slides into the coil sleeve. This completely resolved my issue!

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Any skate lubricant or CLP. If you look in GOT threads people are having to do this for the battering ram, most have done this for their got pins. Just do not call it oil here or you will make some one cry about it lmfao

I tried searching the forum for GOT threads about this but couldn't locate any specific discussions. At least for now, the issue is resolved with the lubricant and there is no excess oily film that will cause issue.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:Here are a few pics of some of the things I've done so far:

Looks great! Where did you get the Gene autograph version of the axe bass?
How did you secure your Peter and Ace figures?
I drilled a hole in Ace's back (stand up figure version), cut a metal clothes hanger down to side, and then secured the wire to one of the screws near Paul so Ace stands up next to him. Ironically, when Paul is dancing, Ace shakes a bit too slightly.

1 month later
#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I drilled two holes in the yellow plastic to line up with two existing, and I used a countersink bit so the flat head would be flush. Delta9 sold me the topper and had cut the yellow plastic himself. He had it secured temporarily with rubber bands.

You should be able to remove the regular clear front of the topper and then put the yellow in then just replace the clear and secure with original screws... that's how mine is secured.

1 week later
#338 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Pinballife sells a yellow film not as good as sparkys set up with the yellow translucent plastic

Hmmm.... my yellow plastic did fit under the original clear plastic and all secured with original screws so perhaps some were not cut correctly?

1 month later
#356 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I know for a fact that Stern upgraded the rubber discs to a higher quality on the Premiums and LEs.

How is this known that the rubber was of better quality?
I do have the disc I purchased from a Pinside user in Belgium to place over the top of the original disc but if indeed the Premium discs are better, is there a reason to put this sticker on? I haven't seen residue as of yet but would like to put this on before I actually do see any black residue. I have replaced all of the original black rubber otherwise in the game.
Any other comments on Pinsider experience with the spinning disc and black rubber replacement/problems before I consider putting this black sticker on my disc?

1 year later
#642 5 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I also see that starchild plastic is not protected as well. That will be an issue for ya later on down the road.

Which specific plastic are you referring to and how does one protect it? I have the KISS premium.

1 week later
#656 5 years ago

Just received the plastic protector made by Capguntrooper. I am considering adding an LED or LED pad to either the back of the flames or even under the metal to add a bit of an effect. Any thoughts or opinions?

1 week later
#666 5 years ago

I was looking at the apron inserts last night and considering if there is a way to light each solo album face with their corresponding color with an individual LED light behind the apron.... any ideas?

4 months later
#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tried both protectors - just makes the game harder.
Added mylar around hole instead and just accept there will be wear.
More worried about longer term issues with node boards!

Where do people purchased their mylar and what shape do you cut it? Or does it come precut?
I have the Cliffy I put on as soon after I purchased my KISS new and before I put on the Cliffy I could hit the hole all day and now it seems 50/50 at best with the Cliffy so it's gotta go....

4 months later
#807 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

The city combos are in the code release read me file. The shot multipler is now lit after collecting both the KISS and the ARMY hurry ups, I believe on the same ball.
Info from the read me below
Now shot multipliers are available/lit by collecting a set of HurryUps (KISS and
ARMY). Previously they were lit by completing a mode.
The 15 Unique City Combos are:
1) Chicago: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
2) Pittsburg: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
3) Seattle: Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
4) Portland: Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
5) Los Angeles: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Demon
6) Houston: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
7) New Orleans: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit
Atlanta: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Scoop
9) Orlando: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Starchild Lane
10) Mexico City: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Left Scoop
11) Tokyo: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Orbit -> Starchild Lane
12) London: Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp
13) New York: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Ramp -> Left Ramp
14) San Francisco: Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Right Orbit
15) Detroit: 5 sets of Left Ramp -> Right Ramp

How long is the time between necessary shots and I assume no other target can be hit between in that time or you start over?

3 months later
#850 4 years ago

Does KISS support a ColorDMD yet? I haven't seen that they have KISS as an option for using this yet.....

5 months later
#977 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I think going from the pops right down the pipe is a Stern thing. KISS does that a lot also.

If you look back in one of the KISS threads on Pinside, you can easily adjust the eject power from Gene's mouth to a lower setting that will prevent the straight down the middle problem. I had the same issue when I first bought my Premium out of the box but that minor adjustment of the power setting resolved that.

2 years later
#1540 1 year ago

Is there a difference in the LCD or LED version other than the smooth LCD vs. pixelated LED look? Are both available for KISS from what I see on the ColorDMD site?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=drmark12pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.