IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I really like the idea of the diverter in the back corner. Are people enjoying that?

What diverter?

#46 8 years ago

Oh, yes, yes there is. Back corner made me think on lower play field, sorry.

As I said in the other KISS thread, the love gun multiball has some mystique in our office right now because its been so elusive. I have lit it once and so has a co worker, but we have always biffed the ramp shot to get the magnet effect. Some one mentioned setting it easier, but I like that we havent seen it yet and that its special. Once that certain some one (hopefully me) gets it, the office is gonna shit, lol.

#51 8 years ago

Updating now.

#52 8 years ago

WOW! Light shows are WAY better...and love gun is CRAZY easy to get now...got it my first game....almost too easy, ha! The floating effect is neat.

1 month later
#103 8 years ago

I shot two balls in genes head at almost the same time and they got locked up in there...looks like I will finally have to open her up to get them out. Weak sauce.

1 month later
#194 8 years ago

Our LE has been pretty solid. Only that one ball hang up in gene's head so far. I need to pull the audit to see how many plays, but the playfield is definitely getting black marks all over it.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Are u using a disc protector on your demon spinner?

Nope. Machine is bone stock.

3 months later
#254 8 years ago

Any one with an LE pick these up? How well do they match the lock down bar?

http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/7509278-2/

#257 8 years ago

Alright, boss wants to pull the trigger on those after seeing your pic. Thanks.

#259 8 years ago

How hard were they to put on? Ive honestly never taken side rails off a single machine. This is my first Stern as well (well, not tech mine, but I work on it for my boss).

#265 8 years ago

Couple glamour shots for ya before and after. Side rails look SWEET.

This machine sits in our office since its my boss's. I havent had it open since we bought it other than to put balls in and to get a jammed ball outta gene's head. This game seems to be acting VERY wacky.

First, gene is trying to kick a ball out of his head over and over again for some reason all of a sudden mid game. The game doesnt seem to know where the balls are. I had a 4 ball love gun multiball....pretty sure that was only 2 or 3 last time I played.

I pulled the trough opto plugs and re seated them with no luck. I looked inside gene's head and I cant find anything wrong.

Is this a software thing? I updated with the last update, what was it, 1.04 I think? This was supposed to fix any gene issues right?

Just very wacky stuff....

ALSO, so there is mylar on this playfield....didnt know that. Looks like I have an edge coming up next to ace's head on the playfield. Pics are hard to see. Any advice for fixing that?

IMG_0293_(resized).JPGIMG_0293_(resized).JPG

IMG_0297_(resized).JPGIMG_0297_(resized).JPG

IMG_0295_(resized).JPGIMG_0295_(resized).JPG

IMG_0296_(resized).JPGIMG_0296_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#271 8 years ago

My head is all jacked up dirk. Havent had time to dick with it.

1 week later
#279 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

How do you backhand it up the right ramp?

I just literally did this a bunch of times in a game. Its not hard. Just gotta release it in the right spot.

#282 8 years ago

Its more like middle flipper, not the end. Its a quick release and flip. I do it on my T2 too, might be why I can do it so easily, lol.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I backhanded the shot one time, and was like "awesome, I can backhand the ramp? This is gonna really open the game up!" Sadly, I haven't done it since. But knowing that other people can do it will give me some motivation to throw a few dollars at just practicing it.

Ya, totally different when you have the machine at your disposal for $0.

Also depends on the machine too, they are all unique flowers. I played multiple T2s for years and they were always brutal. Got my own, cleaned her up, modded her, and now I can do things I can NEVER do on routed machines.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Just use the magnet on a stick tool. It will pull out the top ball, throw it in the shooter lane and continue your game minus the frustration. Hope this helps.

Same thing I did. Smarter not harder.

3 weeks later
#297 7 years ago

No oil should ever be used in a pinball machine.

#298 7 years ago

Posted this in the issues thread, no response. Any one got any ideas?

Alright so I am still having issues with my demon lock. I had thought it was an alignment issue because if I pushed a little on the first set of optos it would fix it....for like 1-2 games max. Now its back to not recognizing the first ball every game. So I opened her up AGAIN today. Pulled the "cape" plastic shroud, and pushed on the optos a bit again. Left the cape off, played a game, all good. Put the shroud back on, back to square 1. So.....needless to say the shroud is staying off. I didnt do a damn thing other than remove that plastic shroud and now it works perfect every time. So W T F. Grrrr.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

What lubricant might be safe to use in the diverter plunger rod mechanism?

You shouldnt need any lubricant unless its a closed mechanism like the T2 cannon or the like. I heard you CAN use silicon grease for spinners.

1 month later
#341 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Why is it that everytime I bump into this thread, it reminds me first of Metallica instead of KISS? No remorse....

I have many regrets...shoulda talked my boss into a metallica instead.

8 months later
#416 7 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Ok, all fixed. It turned out to be a broken wire on the transmitter side. Here is how I diagnosed and fixed it;
1) With the game in switch test mode when I unplugged the RX board and plugged it back in, I got sound indication. When it was plugged in it showed that the switch was closed; meaning it thought there was a ball blocking the beam and the RX did not see the TX. Plugging and unplugging the TX board did nothing.
2) I wiggled the wires for the TX board and it didn't change anything, but I noticed that one of the wires seemed to have more movement than the other. I guessed the wire was broken.
3) Unfortunately Gene's head had to come out to do a proper check or replacement. I removed the cape plastic and the clear plastic piece right underneath (2 screws). I then removed the head and shooting tube (or whatever the proper term is) as one unit. There were two screws for the head and 4 for the tube all removed from the top. I didn't need to remove any more plastic as there are through holes to unscrew, however I ended up losing two washers through the PF and into the cabinet. It took a bit of jockeying to get the pieces out from behind the ramp.
4) The bad news is that even with the head removed the opto sensor cannot be pulled out. However I did find a sneaky way to get to it by swinging the outside guardrail (for the right side of the center ramp) out of the way. There are two screws holding this down that are burried under some fire plastic. I was able to carefully pull the plastic up enough to get a small socket on the screws. The bottom screw was fairly easy was removed. The top one took a bit more plastic bending, but it only needed to be loosened enough to allow the metal guard to swing out and away. Once that was out of the way, I unscrewed the TX board and pulled it out. You can see the attached picture for what it looked like.
5) It was a simple matter of resolding, but I also put a bit of hot glue under and on top of the wire itself to help with vibration dampening. It looks like the shaker motor could have caused the wire to snap. The wire is pretty thin and makes quite a bends before it is soldered into the board.
6) Putting all back together was a bit harder because there were washers to be realigned. I removed on piece of clear plastic on the left side and used some long needle nose pliers to line up the washers on the right side before screwing in the 4 screws for the tube part.
I plugged it all back in and it works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestions.
-Rob

This sounds like what ours has been doing. What a pain in the ass that I have to take apart a game with 50 plays and do all this work to it. Stern QC is a joke.

2 weeks later
#421 7 years ago

Any one able to tell me if I can remove these optos without taking the entire head out? Looks like I can just unscrew them from the metal "tube" as some one put it.

IMG_3464 (resized).JPGIMG_3464 (resized).JPG

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought the optos were under his head

Those look like opto boards to me? Two screws...out.

The one right behind his head might be problematic. I bet thats the one that has a broken wire too...grrr..

Any one has schematics of head disassembly?

#426 7 years ago

Nevermind...didnt know stern gave that shit up on their website.

#427 7 years ago

Seems like I may have a flakey opto. During test it works, put it back together, still having issues. I wiggled the wires a bit (none were broke fyi) and then it seemed to work fine for 2 games in a row. Well see how long that lasts.

1 month later
#437 6 years ago

Is there a way to disable the gene head locking mechanisms? Mine keep firing over and over during games, it makes it unplayable. I tried cleaning the optos, tests all come out fine. I dont see any where in the menus to do this. I would like it to just be a virtual lock.

8 months later
#601 6 years ago

Any one else buy this armor? Mine seems to be bubbling...

ED87395B-F0D8-4366-AF76-93CD59A3687B (resized).jpegED87395B-F0D8-4366-AF76-93CD59A3687B (resized).jpeg

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like rusting from under the powdercoating. Are you near the ocean? The other possibility is the steel (it's not stainless like the blade) was not treated properly before powdercoating and the rust was sealed in and has not grown to the point that it's showing.

Lol, no. Im in illinois.

Interesting....

7 months later
#694 5 years ago

You all have the cliffy scoop protector on? How are the rejects? Even with low plays our LE has wear...cant believe how much actually.

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That scoop is tight. You will have more rejects with the protector but You can make the shot.
It’s either that or accept it is going to wear.

11 months later
#951 4 years ago

Whos got the best custom painted pingulp to match the LE? Something with flames would be nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.