IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

In. Can't wait.

#25 8 years ago

^ Love that movie

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... seriously?

Fo' real! Kno' wham' sayin'?
image.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#53 8 years ago

Just installed the scoop Cliffy. Super easy. Waiting on Mezelmods badass Kiss mods to add to the game!

1 week later
#66 8 years ago

Cool idea...

Purchase the speakerlight.com Kiss acrylics, spray paint the metal speaker guard white, and...

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#68 8 years ago

So I installed a Kiss scoop Cliffy... But I took it out. I was getting too many shot rejections.

Cliffys are 100% mandatory on all my games unless they affect gameplay. Tron was the same way... I removed that Cliffy also.

I have Cliffys on Mustang and TSPP with no affect on gameplay at all. Plus they look perfect. On Kiss, the metal got beat up after only a few games.

The Kiss shooter Cliffy is perfect.

I have a Mantis installed in the scoop now and I'll report back.

2 weeks later
#76 8 years ago

Anyone swap the cool whites with warm? I'm thinking about it to reproduce the warmer tones of the Bally version.

1 week later
#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Anyone swap the cool whites with warm? I'm thinking about it to reproduce the warmer tones of the Bally version.

I ordered sunlight white for the GI. I was looking for a nice medium ground between cool white and warm white. Comet to the rescue.

Because Kiss is such a throwback game, warmer colors seem to match the personality. Cool white kind of throws it off.

1 week later
#122 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I paint all kinds of pinball plastics, see my multiple threads in the modding / topper section. Sparkys , well walkers, BSD village , stnng ships, MB figures, AF stuff, whomobiles......etc . I would be glad to help

I'd be willing to send you Gene, but can you post photos of an example?

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For anyone who has installed the Cliffy on the scoop, is yours getting beat up too?
Mine is just taking a beating…better the Cliffy than the play field.

My Cliffy took a heinous beating after only a few games, plus the shot was almost impossible. I installed a Mantis instead.

2 weeks later
#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Nope. There is a huge update coming soon.

Sweet. Any hints?

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Mudflaps, any reports on that mantis protector?

Here's the Mantis after moderate home play. My Cliffy is pretty beat up but the scoop seems to be holding up okay. A few rejected shots but not as many as the Cliffy.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#147 8 years ago

Also, I highly recommend Comet pinball purple passion lights behind the drop targets. Awesome-o!

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#182 8 years ago

I have the faith that the code will catch up. The layout is just so good and the game seems to have sold really well.

1 month later
#224 8 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I think it looks great on the game and is something personalized by a KISS member ... wife likes it too and that's all that matters. I got it during the 20% off sale just before Christmas so I paid around $165. Seems like a fair price to me, after all I DID buy it!

Life is short. You wanted it, you bought it. And it looks cool!

#236 8 years ago

I can backhand the right ramp *sometimes*. Not an easy shot, and I agree that one of the game's selling points is the mixture of shot difficulty.

ACDC doesn't really have a *hard* shot but the code puts together the shots well. I won't go into Kiss' code again, but suffice to say there is potential to be great.

3 weeks later
#243 8 years ago

Just installed my Kiss topper. Some thoughts:

1. It was very expensive
2. It is very high quality
3. It was very easy to install
4. It is very bright
5. I'm very happy with it

I know someone offers a yellow filter to dim some of the brightness, so hopefully other colors will be available. Red or purple would look cool.

Now where's the code??

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#245 8 years ago

The game looks great with purple accents. I have the speaker lights set to purple with purple passion Comet LEDs behind the standup targets. Purple behind the ramp rounds it out. Code or no code, Kiss is a keeper along with ACDC.

9 months later
#365 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I just received my NIB KISS Pro yesterday and I'm officially in the club! I spent the last several months researching my first NIB pin purchase. After spending hours playing all of the new Sterns Pros in my area (GB, GOT, ST, MET) I kept coming back to KISS. The flow is great! The playfield has many challenging shots that are super satisfying; especially in combos. The art package is awesome. Never been a big KISS fan. I'll probably keep the KISS classics hits and load a couple heavy rockers from the same era like early Sammy Hagar to keep me from killing myself.
I almost let the Pinside haters talk me out of KISS and into ST, GB or MET. I can't tell you how many posts I read about the Demon head drains and how someone had to dump their KISS. Then I would start listening to the hype and move towards the GB Pro. However, I was rarely getting drains on KISS but nothing compared to the ridiculously unfair drains in GB. Then the I got worried over all of the whining about the rules. After studying the rules on each Stern Pro and many sessions playing these pins on location, I just don't get the criticism. The PAPA/Bowen tutorial confirmed to me that the current KISS rule set is fun, challenging and deep.
Bottom line, KISS is the NIB Pro that I enjoyed most out of the ones available for purchase today. Played for several hours last night and not a single SDTM drain yet and had the best time of my life at a pin! Definitely happy with my decision.

Agree on all counts. Congrats on the purchase.

7 months later
#455 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Just got off the phone with JJ @ game exchange. Just ordered a NIB Kiss Premium! I'm in da club! Anything I need to watch for when unboxing?

Yeah! Still love my Kiss. Great game.

2 months later
#496 6 years ago

I’m glad they’re revisiting the code, but as it sits, I’m really happy with the game. I hit Kiss Army last night, then Heavens On Fire.

Of course more can be done, but I’m still happy with my purchase.

6 years later
#1918 26 days ago

Would you guys mind measuring the scoop? I’m trying to find a Cliffy that fits my custom game, and Kiss seems close. Thanks!

#1920 21 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

Cliffy is 7cm x 6cm x 1.5cm.

Thank you!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.