IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#869 5 years ago

I am officially a member of the KISS army with the addition of a KISS premium to my lineup. This is the game that got me into pinball a few years ago. A friend and I would go hangout at a local bar, drinking beers, and flipping the KISS pro they had. Our goal was usually just trying to get a demon multiball and a love gun multiball the same game. It’s funny how goals evolve as we go down the rabbit hole that is pinball, but I’m starting my third year of the journey and looking forward to many more.

3DDD3915-7700-48A2-8A19-6C3A39DF3A1A (resized).jpeg3DDD3915-7700-48A2-8A19-6C3A39DF3A1A (resized).jpeg57265D0F-8F3C-4BA5-A78E-608D1F4971D9 (resized).jpeg57265D0F-8F3C-4BA5-A78E-608D1F4971D9 (resized).jpegB88480B3-74F5-46B1-BF0E-D4ADEEAFAB0E (resized).jpegB88480B3-74F5-46B1-BF0E-D4ADEEAFAB0E (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#886 4 years ago

If anyone has a Stern topper they'd like to sell, let me know. I'm on the hunt for one.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

There's one on Ebay for 900.

I saw that! lmao...not looking to drop a grand on one. I saw someone post on here about selling one (within in hour or 2 of the post), and when I contacted him it was already gone. Not holding my breath on finding one that's reasonably priced.

1 week later
#915 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

I've had my premium for a couple months now with zero problems. Gene only spits the ball SDTM about 10-20% of the time and there's a 2 second ball save, so it's kind of no harm no foul. Love the game overall. Fast paced, some tough shots, some easy shots, and a fun ruleset. Underrated in my opinion.

1 month later
#936 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

And then this happened... [quoted image]

Just had a 491 million game the other day. It felt amazing! Nice score.

1 month later
#941 4 years ago

Has anyone replaced the standard black rubbers with other colors or clear? I need to start swapping some out and I am considering putting on come reds and clears from Titan. Tired of the constant black trails always needing cleaned up. They just stick out like a sore thumb.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

RED polyurethane and done[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm basically between the Titan reds and the clears. I like the way the red looks, so I'm kind of leaning red.

1 month later
#982 4 years ago

I just don't have the STDM issue with Gene...maybe I'm lucky. I always just raise my left flipper and it tips right over to the right flipper. I do that every time with all 3 balls when demon starts. Either way, I think trying to fix the issue (like the foam idea lodgingdolphin mentioned is more productive than just complaining incessantly about a problem. Coming up with creative fixes for issues is half the fun of this hobby.

2 weeks later
#1014 4 years ago

Came home last to my girlfriend telling me "there's something wrong with Gene's head", which immediately worried me given all the issues with that mech. Fortunately after a brief troubleshoot, I found it was just that a wire broke at the solder on the VUK coil. Soldered that baby, and demon is back! Very happy that it was a quick fix, especially considering I've never had any trouble with Gene (no STDM or other issues).

2 weeks later
#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life Spike Knocker Interface kit ? I have a Kiss LE, code 1.41.
I have it installed but I cant get it to work, I have the knocker volume off in standard adjustments, but I can't find standard adjustment #54
Q24 option knocker installed.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I just installed mine, and it seems like I had trouble finding it to. But then it I finally found it. I think I just cycled through a couple times.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpinman:

Anybody have this issue ? Balls not ejecting from Demon head. Looked underneath playfield I did not see any broken connections, Did the vertical coil test in the head, #23 And nothing.
Running code 1.41
Anything to look for or check ?
Thanks in advance

I recently had this issue. The ball would lock, but the VUK wasn't kicking it up and out. I tested the switch and it was recognizing the ball, but no VUK engagement. After inspecting the VUK mech underneath the playfield, I found a loose wire on the VUK coil. Soldered that back and it worked like new.

4 months later
#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Received my DE NIB LE safely.
Games awesome - actually not as easy as I thought which is good
Loving everything, the shaker is excellent and Invisiglass makes the play-field pop.
Now where can I get that Stern Topper
[quoted image]

Good luck on the topper. I've been looking for over a year with zero luck.

4 weeks later
#1156 3 years ago

So I am doing a full shop job on my KISS prem, and I removed the apron to clean and install a Cliffy on the shooter lane. I happened to notice this sticker on the playfield. Why would an LE numbering sticker be on a premium?

B3222EC9-A77E-48E0-BDF6-13A594E7BD2C (resized).jpegB3222EC9-A77E-48E0-BDF6-13A594E7BD2C (resized).jpeg
#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Those numbers doesn’t make any sense to LE’s... they made just 600
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same. I get that the LEs and Prems have the same PF like thundergod76 said, but that doesn't make the sticker make any sense to me.

1 month later
#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Hello, KISS Army. In the unlikely event that any KISS owner is looking for an even trade and is near Pennsylvania, I'm interested in trading either my MBR LE or JP Premium for a KISS--any model of KISS is good as along as it's 100% working and has a Stern topper.
If interested, please PM me. If not, rock on.

and has the Stern topper might make it a tough deal...those things are unobtainium.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the response. I know it's a long shot . . .
And though I'm looking for an even trade on any KISS model, opinions on the current value of a KISS LE with a topper are welcome as well . . .

LEs are always tough to price. The only one on pinside right now seems steep at $12,500 to me. Premiums tend to be in the ~$6,000-6,500. It does look like one LE sold off pinside but was listed here at $6,800.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I started shopping my LE today and the Playfield is 782 of 960 so who knows lol
[quoted image]

Let me know how that Star child stage treats you

#1197 3 years ago

Don't forget to install that Star child protector while you're at it.

This is a must. I didn't even realize my plastic was broken until installing it. And yes, the entire back half has a lot more going on that it appears. I even ended up disassembling the levitating ball assembly trying to get that center ramp out. The stage was the worst though. With only a couple screws holding it to the backbox I thought, "This shouldn't be too bad." But the two nuts are insanely difficult to get a backup on, and then re-installing them was even tougher. I ended up using a box end with some tape on it to hold them in place and slide the wrench down the backbox.

1 month later
#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from aussiegeorge:

How good is this machine... totally in love
[quoted image]

Put the glass back on

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from aussiegeorge:

Still hanging in there after 200 odd plays, who is the good mod maker for this protector?

capguntrooper makes the Star Child plastic protector. I'm not huge into mods, but the best functional mod I've ever used.

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is this only required for the LTD/Premium or also the Pro? Thanks.

Yes, I don't think the pro has the pop up target that is on the prem/le model. That pop up will inevitably catch the ball, push it up and break the plastic.

1 month later
#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Loving my custom laser cut armor is all stainless steel.
[quoted image]

Dang those look slick! I have the same axes in red. Need to powder coat the lockdown bar and legs to match.

2 weeks later
#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from vegasplayer:

What is the going price for a topper these days?

If you can find one....probably $700.

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

pinball life sold their last one in stock for $900 3 yrs ago. so id say easily $1000 +

The last one I found, the guy wanted $700 and I passed. That was within the last year.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

should of jumped on that.

Too much to spend on some flashing lights for me. I’m sure someone out there would pay $1,000. Just not going to be me.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I might be tempted to let mine go for $1k US.

ccbiggsoo7 may be your man.

1 week later
#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from Cwbys1:

I'm new to Pinside and and would appreciate any help I can get. I have a problem with the balls getting stuck in the demon lock. Not all the time but its happening more and more. The machine is searching for the balls and finally the error message comes up. I then have to turn the power off. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
@pinsiders
Thanks
Brett
 Post last edited 16 days ago.

First test the optos to makes sure they are all working. If the ball is getting stuck on the VUK then you could have a wire that needs soldered. Check that first as it’s easy to see. I know I had a wire come loose on the VUK, so the kick out just won’t work. If the VUK intermittently kicks out then I think the optos are the likely culprit.

1 week later
#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Thanks. Even though you can't see it, I still want it to be on theme. So I ordered a rock and roll over sticker from ebay. It's slightly bigger radius, so will need to be trimmed. Hopefully this does the trick, while still getting some spin from the disc.

I used the laminate that capguntrooper suggested and it really reduced the black mess that spinning disc gives off. You will never see whatever covering is on the disc, so theme really doesn't matter. I just choose some dark colored laminate.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone comes across a too good to be true Kiss Limited for sale, one was just stolen in Sault Ste Marie in Ontario. May pop up for sale in Michigan or Wisconsin. Will try to get more details on the serial number, etc. Thanks.

Man that’s awful to hear. I hope the owner finds the bastard who stole it.

1 week later
#1348 3 years ago

Lots of issues with KISS decals. It's a fairly well known issue. The decals on my KISS are seem to be slightly off where they should have been placed. I had an issue where some of the decal was starting to have slight pull away near the corner of the game by the right flipper. I ended up using a clear adhesive to prevent further peeling and it's been fine since then.

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I was looking to sell my original Stern topper to someone. Does the new owner need to buy a splitter to power the topper as it appears to be wired into a common connector with other stuff. I'm not sure if Stern sold this connector with the topper? Thanks for your help.[quoted image][quoted image]

You'd have to send me to the topper for me to know for sure.

2 weeks later
#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Those looking for an original Stern KISS topper:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/106536
These toppers are doing as well as Tesla shares

Ouch. Say what you want, but I'm only buying stern toppers and not the machines from now on.

1 month later
#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Hi guys,
Joined the club today, and sure enough, after 5 games, the Deamon VUK is not kicking the ball anymore...
I guess I have to replace the associated transistor on the node board? I jumped its tab to ground and the coil fired.
Or is there something else?
First issue I have witrh a Spike system

The only time I've had this happen it was just a loose wire on the coil. Soldered it back on, and good to go.

8 months later
#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from wadosadidos:

Recently purchased a Kiss Premium and noticed the spinning disc does not spin. When the machine is first powered and put in test mode the motor will attempt a spin but then will no longer make an attempt to spin in test mode or game play. Possibly the motor is not working, but did notice that the voltage reads 24v on my DMM when probing the connector for the motor in test mode, could that mean there is a fault elsewhere?

I could be wrong, but I believe there is an opto in front of the disc that activates it. I'm having the same issue, but I think my opto is triggering sometimes. I've noticed the disc spinning when the ball isn't even near the opening. Other times the lock isn't lit, so the disc should activate, and it doesn't. Need to check connections and solders on mine, then figured maybe I need to swap out an opto.

2 weeks later
#1501 2 years ago

Just had an amazing game, and specifically ball 1. Finally broke a billion on any pinball machine. We do have the game set easier, playfield multipliers stay lit between balls, extra balls at 3 combos, extra ball instead of replay. But, still this was super thrilling. Almost all of it came from ball one. Only added 200 mill or so on balls 2 or 3. And I'm really not even that good at pinball, relatively speaking. Got a 1.2B super jackpot on kiss army, don't even know what I did.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never tried setting playfield multipliers to carry over ball to ball, but I suspect if I did, billions would be fairly easy. I've made it to colossal bonus lots of times, but never been able to bring in a killer rock city MB to really blow the score up. I think ~550 mill is my best. But carrying the multiplier over ball to ball is a completely different ballgame.

#1505 2 years ago

I was fully transparent on my settings, and my score that I logged here on pinside indicates settings were on super easy, and no matter what, I'll probably never have a game like that again. I'm usually sub 75 mil for my games.

Definitely an awesome score. I ebb and flow on the game from sub 50 mill average, to other times when I'm just really dialed in on it and clear 150 mill every game for a while. Still haven't found that billion point game though. Someday.

5 months later
#1549 2 years ago

So what's everyone's thoughts on LED or LCD for KISS? I'm thinking for KISS, I won't want the scaling. So leaning LED.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Trying hires first.
Dots better?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah dots would look better IMO. Very few games I think the scaling looks good. Simpson's pinball party...fine it fits the game. But for KISS I'll take the dots. I ended up ordering the LED.

10 months later
#1617 1 year ago

Eight more and I am out
[quoted image]

Still on of my favorite mods! Didn’t even realize my plastic was broken until I installed this.

#1619 1 year ago

Considering selling my KISS prem. Has the typical decal wrinkling around the studs on the side, but over all in really great shape. Only mods it has are plastic protectors, cliffy's, speaker lights and the KISS acrylics, and the Trooper flames. What's a good asking price these days?

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Good for who? Indypin

I’m just not sure what a reasonable asking price is on one right now. Kiss always seems to have a solid draw, just not sure where to start. I just need to make some room, and I’m starting to think kiss is the one I can part with.

1 week later
#1633 1 year ago

I wised up from my decision to sell. Just bought some lighting flippers, fresh coil stops, and demon optos (current are not registering). Going to embrace a more masochistic level of play.

#1635 1 year ago

You can probably fix your Demon opto yourself. Mine had both wires not making good connection. Trimmed and resoldered and all good. Seems the left side opto is the most common culprit.

I looked for loose connections and everything seemed good. Figured for $20 I’d replace them.

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Damn. Lightning flippers on this machine? You must be a very good player.

Not really...Just interested in creating a device of pure torture

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Haha. Yeah. I find the one Edenecho has at our location/club to be brutal enough. Very steep, no ballsave (except demon lock shots ofc), no outlane posts..

I've always had mine steep, with short ball save, and open lanes. Thinking I'll add the lightning flippers and make the slings more sensitive bahahahahah

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Still would be my favourite game in a tournament.

Definitely a great tournament game. I loaned mine to a friend for a tournament once. I had the ball saves on the MBs turned as low as they would go and everything set to f&*$ you. A local guy still put up over 600 mill. KISS is definitely a one ball game with the PF multipliers.

#1644 1 year ago

I'm still trying to get to a 5x Kiss Army or Detroit Rock City MB....maybe someday!

#1646 1 year ago

Can confirm the lightning flippers are a ton of fun! Brutal of course but definitely kept things spicy. New flippers, coil stops and sleeves. Plays great! This was the 4th or 5th game, so still very playable.

126A3547-19CF-4062-AC65-97586CFAAD48 (resized).jpeg126A3547-19CF-4062-AC65-97586CFAAD48 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#1708 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just ordered one. Crazy shipping fees, but I assume the seller packages it well. Hope it arrives intact without any damage. Thanks for the responses guys!

Where did you order from?

#1711 5 months ago

eBay link a few posts back.

Thanks! I missed the link. Had to go order it.

#1736 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Good Lord this mirrored back glass is sweet! No way this is a repro, it’s the real deal. So glad I snagged one off eBay. Just beautiful!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So glad I happened to catch the posts about the mirrored backglass! Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I'm pumped. I love mirrored backglasses, so this will be a huge upgrade for a game I don't think I'll ever be able to let go of.

#1760 5 months ago

I’m such a sucker for mirrored backglasses!IMG_0507 (resized).jpegIMG_0507 (resized).jpeg IMG_0507 (resized).jpegIMG_0507 (resized).jpegIMG_0505 (resized).jpegIMG_0505 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0506 (resized).jpegIMG_0506 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1909 3 months ago

KISS was the game that got me into pinball. So when a buddy was selling his prem naturally I had to buy it. I looked for a topper for the first couple years of having it, turned one guy down who wanted $600. Seemed insane to spend that on a topper just a few years ago.

Regret.gifRegret.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustEverett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=JustEverett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.