By TimeBandit

3 years ago

Stats

• 682 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Dante
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0eef0da603033a59f8fb4f3aec79c4c016414248 (resized).jpg
6ED4A37A-B859-4228-92BE-EE7FA3BFBFA0 (resized).jpeg
C0310A20-A9D0-4FC3-A0EE-DBCE76F37723 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7536 (resized).jpg
IMG_2823 (resized).jpg
20180218_173459 (resized).jpg
20180218_172536 (resized).jpg
condom1 (resized).jpg
ED87395B-F0D8-4366-AF76-93CD59A3687B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2560 (resized).JPG
Kiss Le Scoop wear #2 (resized).jpg
Kiss Mantis protector #1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-12-22-06-54-36_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2857 (resized).JPG
IMG_2855 (resized).JPG
IMG_2847[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#515 6 months ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

The Star Child Flame Protector Mod is listed here on Pinside in the classifieds linked to Kiss.

PM @capguntrooper . He sells them.

1 month later
#555 5 months ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Plan to join the club tomorrow; going to check out a Pro and hopefully take it home. Any suggestions for specific trouble spots to look for?

With the glass off, go thru the demon ball lock flow. Be sure it's working properly.

2 weeks later
#585 4 months ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The new design from cliffy just went on mine. Its working great. Fits flush all the way around. One thing you must do is not screw down the rear post so tight that it buckles the cliffy in front. Ive seen people do it and then complain when the cliffy is popped up in front.
Remember it is a hard shot so you may have a few shots not go in everytime.
Magicchiz

I have a new Cliffy coming for mine as well. The old one eventually buckled.

1 month later
#602 3 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one else buy this armor? Mine seems to be bubbling...

I have it but never installed it. Looks perfect.

1 week later
#609 3 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I seem to have a new problem with the Demon Lock on my LE.
Generally the first two balls get up from the VUK fine, but the third just won’t, come the start of multiball.
Anyone else had this? Possible causes?
*pins hopes on vireland once more*

Does it happen 100% of the time?

The machine locks it, but won't recognize it? Or the machine physically tries to lock it up, but the ball falls back down each time?

Reseat opto connectors and also check the trough opto. When these new optos go, they work and then crap out sporatically.

#611 3 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

This, but 95% of the time it’s just the third ball falling back down.

Try adjusting the DEMON LOCKUP POWER settings. Or the pitch of the table. Or a combination of both.

#617 3 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Just to update: Reducing Demon Eject (#8 on adjustments) from 32 to 28 seems to have done the trick. Thanks!
Weird for it to spontaneously become overpowered but there you are.
Funnily enough, during the same game that finally proved all was ok with the Demon, my left flipper decided to have a problem of its own. Went weak all of a sudden but it seems to be intermittent.
Pinball eh? Seems a bit early for a rebuild.
After a largely flawless couple of years, I think it’s determined to give me a couple off Kissues to sort before the final code arrives.
Still, Capgun Trooper’s Starchild protector arrived in post today, so it’s not all bad!

The intermittent flipper issue is the spikes system stable. Most likely a loose connection on one of the note boards under the playfield. It’s happened all my spike games before. Just look for and reseat loose connectors.

1 month later
#640 42 days ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Hey Brain trust,
Just took delivery of an lightly used LE, I think something may have shook loose during transport; Upon power up, the solenoid that kicks the ball out of Gene's mouth fires like every 3 seconds, (see photo) like it thinks there is a ball there that needs to be ejected. Unable to start game during this....After about 20 attempts, I get the operator error message "Demon Lockup Device malfunction". The game will then sort of play, and it it will load balls toward Demon multi ball, but won't eject them.
I'm thinking there is a switch that became out of position that is triggering this, but a bit intimidated by disassembling the entire Demon head.
Any thoughts? Appreciate any advice. -Paul

It’s all optos in that head. Start simple first. Under the playfield, make reseat the opto connectors (they’re labeled). If that doesn’t work there should be an opto connector to the a node board too. Reseat that.

3 weeks later
#668 19 days ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

Thanks!!! That did the trick!

Awesome! I remember I was soooooo ticked off at the Demon head and then, boom, simple fix.

1 week later
#679 10 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone else having issues with weak flippers? I thought i had heard something about that with kiss, but now i need to know the solution.

With Spike games, try reseating the GI connectors in the node boards. They can cause issues.

#681 10 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

All the node boards?

I believe so. There's like 3 of them that have GI if I remember? Spike system is crazy. Hard to remember.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 24.95
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.50
$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside