IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, can anybody confirm what the right cable is for KISS?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12-volt-backbox-power-adapter-cable.html
This does NOT work with KISS or WWE.
The link to another cable, connects to board near coin door.
I cannot find a 12V compatible KISS lead....
Anyone??
Thanks

Here is the power cable to which I was referring. It includes a 1A fuse to protect the node board.
https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-53-long.html

The adapter from Mezel Mods will also work. It downconverts from 48V and does not plug into, or risk damage to, the node board. Pinball Life sells a custom board that does the same thing and produces 5V and 12V on the same connector.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks
To clarify, to fit color dmd to KISS, use this cable and plug in by the coin door?
And run it to back of cabinet?
Want to be sure I will be doing the right thing!

This cable takes 12V from the node board and outputs it onto the 3-pin molex connector. The 7' ColorDMD SAM/WS power cable plugs into the 3-pin molex and runs back through the cabinet to the backbox.

3 years later
#1548 2 years ago

COLORDMD PREVIEW FOR KISS PINBALL MACHINES!

KISS is the 119th game to be supported on the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform. The color ROM for KISS is targeted for release on April 6, 2022!
ColorDMD also celebrates our 10th anniversary from the release of Attack From Mars on April 6, 2012!

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Is the code up? I don't see it. I sound like a broken record.

Yes. If you don’t see it, try clearing your browser cache.

11 months later
#1649 1 year ago

COLORDMD KISS COLOR ROM UPDATE

We have released a 4.1 update to the color ROM for KISS pinball machines. The update corrects a bug that caused lower intensity dots to appear brighter than intended.

The update improves the visibility of the active player score during multiplayer games, and improves contrast between intensity levels for all game animations.
Thanks to Erik Thoren at the District 82 Pinball Arcade for reporting the issue! The update is now available on our firmware SUPPORT page.

KISS_2x1 (resized).pngKISS_2x1 (resized).png
#1658 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Does this fix an issue with a possibly uncolored frame in love gun mb start? I only was able to see it for a half a second, but I started multiball, looked up saw the screen was all red and then went to color the next frame. It only happened once, so I've been trying to find it again to give a more detailed report.

This update only fixes the intensity mapping for the dot brightness levels. I'm not aware of any uncolored frames in KISS. If you can reproduce the issue, please send an email to [email protected].

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Has anyone successfully updated to the new 4.1 version? I’ve tried using four different USBs, including the same one I used to install the 4.0 version, and it will not update with that file. I can’t believe the USB is the problem, especially when it installed fine with it originally.

If the PROG LED is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code. There's help with error codes at the first link on our troubleshooter SUPPORT page. A single repeated blink means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM (or COLORDMD.ROM for older Rev 1.2/1.3 control boards) could not be found on the drive.

Make sure the file doesn't have any extra characters (ex CHROMA(1).ROM) or a hidden double extension (ex CHROMA.ROM.ROM). A double extensions may be hidden by Windows folder settings. There's a setting that hides known file extensions. You can check for a double extension by opening a CMD window and using the DIR command to see the files on the drive.

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Is there a way to get the color dmd to stay on when coin door is open other than pulling the door switch out of open position?

The power source board in the back box does not have a 12V regulator like later SPIKE games. We're pulling power from the node board near the coin door and power is cut to the board when the door switch is open.

As an alternative, you can install something like a SPIKE accessory board from Pinball Life that converts 48Vdc to 12V/5V and supplies power regardless of the state of the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dmod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=Dmod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.