IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#441 6 years ago

Proud new member of the KISS club with LE #46 and no regrets whatsoever! Shout out to a great pinsider, Iceman5000, for a great deal on a great pin!

4 weeks later
#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Got it all set up today! Im about a 6 pack in....and lovin it.....

Good to hear you're enjoying it! I picked up a KISS LE about a month ago and I'm loving it. I'm actually glad that this has a bad rap right now as I was able to get a great deal on one from a fellow pinsider.

7 months later
#626 6 years ago

I’m not putting anything that Gene Simmons may have licked on my junk.

1 month later
#649 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

One for sure way to get real signatures is from the members themselves

Nice. If it were me I wouldn’t worry about getting the other’s signatures, Ace’s is the only one I really care about.

2 months later
#691 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

On the LE when Paul moves ( Love Gun MB ) , is it normal for the coil/mech to sound really loud??
Thanks

It doesn’t sound that loud on mine.

8 months later
#825 5 years ago

I was at the show Sunday in Moline, it was a good time. Thinking about seeing them again later this summer just in case this really is the last tour.

DEE8B18F-37BD-4A7C-90D6-7DF4C89D944D (resized).jpegDEE8B18F-37BD-4A7C-90D6-7DF4C89D944D (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#905 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Unless you are a KISS fan I wouldnt. The Gene head is 100% STDM. You will tweak it and mess with it and it goes right back to STDM. Also the premium and LEs forgot the long magnet that you need to retrieve the ball from the demon lock mechanism that works about 10% of the time-the other 90% the ball gets stuck. I bought it as a KISS collectible. Absolutely awful playing machine. I have plenty of others to play.

I completely disagree with this opinion. On my LE I have not had either of those problems with the Gene head, and I think it plays great. Some of the shots are a little tougher than an average Stern pin, but still very easy to get into a groove on. And the most recent code update was fantastic, it takes it to another level.

1 year later
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Installed led speaker kits yesterday, looks good! [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sharp. If only there was Color DMD for this game, then it would really be complete.

4 months later
#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Lyman fixed the rules and made them fun.

Never heard that one before, I thought it was all Lonnie and his team. Regardless, the final huge code update they released at the end was a real game changer for this machine.

2 years later
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD KISS COLOR ROM UPDATE
We have released a 4.1 update to the color ROM for KISS pinball machines. The update corrects a bug that caused lower intensity dots to appear brighter than intended.
The update improves the visibility of the active player score during multiplayer games, and improves contrast between intensity levels for all game animations.
Thanks to Erik Thoren at the District 82 Pinball Arcade for reporting the issue! The update is now available on our firmware SUPPORT page.
[quoted image]

Has anyone successfully updated to the new 4.1 version? I’ve tried using four different USBs, including the same one I used to install the 4.0 version, and it will not update with that file. I can’t believe the USB is the problem, especially when it installed fine with it originally.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have. Did you download the correct version for what colordmd you have?

Quoted from Azgym:

I was able to but I had to change USB drives. Not sure why but the first one I tried failed. I did have to reset the colorDMD (by turning the machine off/on) before trying the second USB drive. It took me a while to notice that the error code remained on the colorDMD even after the failed drive was removed. The install would not work until the reset.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try it again tomorrow, too frustrated right now. It’s a newer display because I bought it a little after they had released the KISS Color DMD code and that’s the version I downloaded.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

If the PROG LED is repeatedly blinking, it's an error code. There's help with error codes at the first link on our troubleshooter SUPPORT page. A single repeated blink means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM (or COLORDMD.ROM for older Rev 1.2/1.3 control boards) could not be found on the drive.
Make sure the file doesn't have any extra characters (ex CHROMA(1).ROM) or a hidden double extension (ex CHROMA.ROM.ROM). A double extensions may be hidden by Windows folder settings. There's a setting that hides known file extensions. You can check for a double extension by opening a CMD window and using the DIR command to see the files on the drive.

Thanks, I was able to get it updated. I think the problem was the first USB drive I used was too large so I used the smaller one that I used to install it originally but I didn’t realize I needed to reboot the machine to clear the error.

6 months later
#1685 6 months ago

Saw them a few nights ago in St Louis and was surprised at how well they sounded. The last time we saw them was right before the pandemic hit and Paul’s voice was shot, he had to have Gene take over singing on one of his songs. So I didn’t know what to expect but his voice was much better this time…for someone in his seventies who has done thousands of shows over his career. This is the third time we’ve seen them on this particular tour, and maybe the last we’ll ever see them. I tend to believe that they’re really going to hang it up at the end of this year…but also wouldn’t be shocked to see an End of the Road Part II.

IMG_5464 (resized).jpegIMG_5464 (resized).jpeg
#1686 6 months ago
Quoted from MRG:

45 years ago today.

And I forgot to say that the first time I saw them was about 42 years ago when I was in high school, which is pretty wild to think that I’d be going to see the same band that many years later after I retired.

#1715 5 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i was there, but i believe alot of his vocals were milli vanillied. and the piano eric singer played on beth i read was fake. regardless it was a great show.

Yeah, when I saw them prepandemic it was pretty obvious he was relying on vocal tracks for help, this time it was less obvious. Paul had a great voice but like most singers time has taken it’s toll on him.

Quoted from finnflash:

I was there also, and seem to have had very similar seats.
[quoted image]

Ha, looks like you were in the same row, or at most one over from us.

#1716 5 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Maybe the set/light show is better but depending on when you saw them in 2000/2001 that was the last time to EVER see Ace and Peter in the lineup. Peter left in 2000 and Ace left in 2001. They have been doing the SAME show for over 20+ years now. Nothing special anymore. Just glad I got to see a Kiss show with Ace and Peter. That was the real farewell tour.

Yeah they’ve pretty much been doing the same show for the last few tours, and I could tell you their song set by heart now, but their songs are made to be heard live and they continue to deliver a good show. A few years back when they started this tour Paul talked about how he wanted to end it at Madison Square Garden and that he would like to have Ace and Peter participate in the last show, probably because of how much more interest that would generate. But his recent fighting with Ace has pretty much killed any possibility of that happening.

#1719 5 months ago

They’re both idiots. I liked the two songs that Gene contributed to on Ace’s Spaceman album, I thought at that time they had put everything behind them, but they all continue to act like little children.

#1722 5 months ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

Who's going to see them in Vegas after we find out that "end of the road" actually just means not touring anymore?

I guess eventually they’re going to need a replacement for Wayne Newton.

#1726 5 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is probably gonna happen….Paul/Gene will kick it off then bring in replacements to be the Demon and Starchild…..it will sell as there will always be people wanting to see the Kiss concert experience……with todays technology could just do holograms to be honest….no need to hire anyone.

I’m thinking animatronics, they’re repurposing all the old Chuck E Cheese band members.

#1733 5 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Representing one of my favorite games for Halloween. My axe guitar didn’t show up in time so I had to improvise.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What about the fire breathing?

#1759 5 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's Paul's son's band
[quoted image]

They were pretty decent for an opening act, nothing really stood out about them but they sounded good. I enjoyed them more than the artist doing the upside down paintings.

3 weeks later
#1772 5 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

After cancelling the 3 prior shows, the Indy show was a go and it was awesome!
Here's a shot of the aftermath.
[quoted image]

Yeah I heard Paul had the flu, glad you got to see them. Only 4 shows left before they hang it up for good, if you believe them.

P.S. I wonder how long it takes them to clean up the confetti after the shows.

#1782 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My wife and I leave tomorrow from CO for the Friday show. I will post a couple show pics and anything that looks cool around the city too.

Congrats, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! If they would have had appearances from the other surviving members who’ve been in the band, or just Ace and Peter, I’d probably be on my way there too.

#1796 4 months ago

Congrats to those going to tonight’s show or who were at last night’s show! I saw them three times on this tour but still wish I was there. I kind of hope this is their last full blown production concert ever, I’ve seen too many bands continue on for too long where they’re just sad to see live in concert. At least Kiss can still deliver a good show and get the crowds pumped up.

#1816 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another fun night, got great last minute tickets.
A friend was trying to figure out what the big surprise at the was gonna be. “A QR code” I said. I was right! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, one of the benefits of living in NYC! The guy dressed as Gene looks like the same guy that dressed up at the concert I was at, probably not though. There was a line of women waiting to get their picture taken with him.

#1830 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Ok…finally got a chance to watch the PPV…..for those that went I am sure it was a great time to be part of the final show(s)….something you can only do once. Hopefully this is THE END. Not bad for 2 guys in their 70’s but definitely could tell it’s past their prime. Paul’s voice is gone. Been gone for awhile actually and 20 years ago he was struggling on a few songs. I am sure it was very emotional for them and maybe his voice was better the night before. Set was kind of neat looking.
Sad to see this show not last longer and not include Hotter than Hell, Fire House, She, Parasite, Uh All Night, or a few others….for crying out loud it’s the last show and the last time they may play ANY of these songs live.
Long live the Kiss Army!!!

Sounds like that really was the end of the live shows. Now the performances are going to use the ‘immortal’ digital avatars of the band they debuted after the last show. While I have no interest in going to a concert with no live performers, I guess kids who were too young and never got to see them live might be interested in something like that. The same company doing the KISS digital avatars are doing ones for ABBA and those avatar shows are supposedly pulling in $2 million a week!

#1833 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve seen the Abba show. There IS live music; it’s a live band playing along with the show. I would expect a KISS production by the same folks would be similar. Maybe the singing won’t be live but let’s honest; KISS has featured tons of backing tapes for vocals For years so what else is new.
At the Abba show they even gave one song over to the live band, singing and all.
Who knows it this will be any good, but I think people who haven’t seen The abba show don’t really understand what this is. It’s not going to be 2 hours of CGI KISS on a movie screen. It will be an “immersive” show with a live band, (I would assume) pyro and lasers and the other shit you are used to at KISS shows, and lots of optical tricks that really will fuck with your head. At times at the abba show you really get lost in what is “real” and what’s on the screen,
It can be hard to tell. This is much different than the cheesy “dio hologram” tour they tried to sell us.
They are using the abba guys and ILM, so it won’t be a cheap knockoff, it’ll be a first class production. Do they plan on taking it on the road? Or building a venue for it in Vegas or something? My guess is this is probably a couple years away from debuting.
Their dedication to this expensive project does, for me, signal that they really are done.
The abba show was a ton of fun, we really enjoyed it, and the crowd was raucous. I don’t know if KISS can pull it off but if I’m somewhere that the show is I’ll probably check it out.

I guess I don't understand exactly what the shows are supposed to be like. I can certainly see them being able to create something that’s very cool to watch. I get there would be a live backing band, I guess I just need to get my head around the idea that none of the actual band members are present.

#1834 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

This piece was just released today.
Sheds some light on it all.

Yeah I don’t know about that, it looks more like a video game to me. Some of it seems a little too over the top even for KISS, but maybe I’m just too old.

#1849 4 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

By far the weakest song on their setlist.

No that would be Say Yeah, really don’t care for that song.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Also the one that most obviously has lip synching, let alone a backing track.

Agreed, Paul hasn’t been to sing that song for a while now.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

That song should've been scrapped off the setlist years ago.

IWMFLY was their biggest hit outside the U.S. so they had to keep that in their set list.

#1856 4 months ago

Did you all see the leaked footage of the new KISS avatar show?

So lifelike it’s scary!

#1861 4 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Stern should’ve did a run of premiums and toppers. They really missed out on an opportunity with their last 50 shows.

I don’t think Stern will be remaking any Spike 1 games. Maybe they’ll make a pin based on the new KISS avatars.

2 weeks later
#1886 4 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wasn’t it a “scan”, for lack of a better term, of a sketch Paul did in a notebook? I vaguely remember that being the story. Probably why it’s not perfect.

It was actually Ace Frehley that came up with the KISS logo design, Paul just made some minor changes.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-ace-frehley-original-logo-auction/

3 weeks later
#1901 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They'd vault it because there is currently demand. Doesn't really matter how it did when it came out.

But would they vault a Spike 1 game when they don’t even stock any boards for them? Doubtful.

#1903 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK you guys got me convinced they won't vault it.
Now who wants to buy a $3,000 topper?

When I bought my KISS LE about 7 years ago I didn’t have room for the topper so I asked the guy selling it if he would take a couple hundred off the price and sell it without the topper. He of course agreed. I didn’t realize how in-demand the toppers were…or would eventually become.

IMG_0580 (resized).jpegIMG_0580 (resized).jpeg
#1905 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I sold my KISS LE with topper for less than what Stern charges for a NIB Pro today.
[quoted image]

Did you sell it before they came out with the big code update for it? That’s how I was able to get my LE for a great price, it had a bad rap because of the code so people were selling them rather cheap.

#1908 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I bought my topper here on Pinside for $400 shipped around that time
[quoted image]

I think that’s about what they were going for when I bought my pin. And since that’s probably the topper off my pin if you could sell it to me for $400 that would be great.

#1911 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Came from Texas. Hopefully Stern will release new toppers.

Nope, that wasn’t mine then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets?tu=BudManPinFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.