IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 39.
#351 7 years ago

I had an issue with gene spitting the balls down the middle the majority of the time. Even with the ball save it just got annoying. I took a small piece of gasket material and cut it into a mini ramp shape and stuck it on the right side of gene's tongue. No more STDM. They all now either hit the left slingshot or flipper. The piece of gasket is barely noticeable while playing and has stayed in position for months.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Except, I think, in multiballs. I seem to get gimped by the occasional Gene SDTM in a MB, even with that ballsave running.

Now that you mention it, I've noticed Front Row doesn't work during multiball, even though it's lit. Seems like a bug that should be fixed. If Front Row or Ball Save are lit, they should save.

#353 7 years ago

A bit off topic, but KISS was in Rockford last night. I could have sworn Gary Stern was sitting 10 rows in front of us. It looked just like him.

#354 7 years ago

Must have been cool to see Rick Nielsen play with them at the end.

ricknielsen_(resized).jpgricknielsen_(resized).jpg

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Must have been cool to see Rick Nielsen play with them at the end.

I saw him come up the stage on the left side...and at first I thought it was Ace as he's in Chicago on Friday.

That would have been the coolest.....

Great crowd last night. This was our third show on this tour, Rockford was the most active crowd of the three.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I know for a fact that Stern upgraded the rubber discs to a higher quality on the Premiums and LEs.

How is this known that the rubber was of better quality?
I do have the disc I purchased from a Pinside user in Belgium to place over the top of the original disc but if indeed the Premium discs are better, is there a reason to put this sticker on? I haven't seen residue as of yet but would like to put this on before I actually do see any black residue. I have replaced all of the original black rubber otherwise in the game.
Any other comments on Pinsider experience with the spinning disc and black rubber replacement/problems before I consider putting this black sticker on my disc?

#357 7 years ago

When I got my Pre I examined the disc before I put the protector on. Several months later I was having problems with the motor and Stern sent me a replacement motor assembly. The rubber on the replacement was completely different than what came on my Pre. It was a sticky gel like material that was getting filthy from just handling it. If you rubbed it several times your fingers looked like you just read a newspaper. Also you could see the screw head marks around the holes. It was obviously taken out of an assembled playfield. My guess is Stern removed the crappy discs from the Pre/LE (maybe all models) after people complained about them and used them for replacements etc. When I called Stern out on it and asked for a motor assembly equal to what was in my machine when I bought it all I heard were crickets. I appreciate the fact they made good on their warranty but not when they insist I'm full of s**t. I had both discs in front of me and there IS a difference. I have the sticker on and changed the rubbers to clear Titans and my playfield looks as clean as the day I bought it.

1 week later
#359 7 years ago

Man, these cities could be used to such great effect. So much multiple pathway type play could be built. Sort of like the ST decision to play horizontal or vertical modes, or like the hero/villain paths on X-Men. But the grid of choices could be huge. All cities by song. All songs by city. Complete a set list in a city. Play a national tour. This thing could be a monster.

#360 7 years ago

Too back Stern sucks and doesn't give a rats ass about the customers. It's to the point of ridiculous now. I'm done with Stern machines. It just makes me sad that they just don't care. It's always move on to the next thing instead of finishing what they started. I need to remember this next time i see a shiny new game and think it seems like a good idea how I've been sitting here forever waiting for an update on a half completed machine. I've been patient. I now have regrets.

#361 7 years ago

I feel your pain. I still really like my Kiss pin. I waited on buying it for months (almost a year) after its first release because I thought waiting on a code and other fixes would help out the long wait. I think Kiss fell into the line of Wrestlemania now. When was the last Stern code release on any pin?? I've seen more new release information on new pins (Pabst beer, BM66) than I have on code releases!

Oh well, back to my game room. Really thought this long holiday weekend Stern would have thrown a bone to the starving masses. Stopped my interest in the BM66 game though, so my wallet is happy.

1 week later
#362 7 years ago

This game rocks. Love it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
1 month later
#364 7 years ago

I just received my NIB KISS Pro yesterday and I'm officially in the club! I spent the last several months researching my first NIB pin purchase. After spending hours playing all of the new Sterns Pros in my area (GB, GOT, ST, MET) I kept coming back to KISS. The flow is great! The playfield has many challenging shots that are super satisfying; especially in combos. The art package is awesome. Never been a big KISS fan. I'll probably keep the KISS classics hits and load a couple heavy rockers from the same era like early Sammy Hagar to keep me from killing myself.

I almost let the Pinside haters talk me out of KISS and into ST, GB or MET. I can't tell you how many posts I read about the Demon head drains and how someone had to dump their KISS. Then I would start listening to the hype and move towards the GB Pro. However, I was rarely getting drains on KISS but nothing compared to the ridiculously unfair drains in GB. Then the I got worried over all of the whining about the rules. After studying the rules on each Stern Pro and many sessions playing these pins on location, I just don't get the criticism. The PAPA/Bowen tutorial confirmed to me that the current KISS rule set is fun, challenging and deep.

Bottom line, KISS is the NIB Pro that I enjoyed most out of the ones available for purchase today. Played for several hours last night and not a single SDTM drain yet and had the best time of my life at a pin! Definitely happy with my decision.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I just received my NIB KISS Pro yesterday and I'm officially in the club! I spent the last several months researching my first NIB pin purchase. After spending hours playing all of the new Sterns Pros in my area (GB, GOT, ST, MET) I kept coming back to KISS. The flow is great! The playfield has many challenging shots that are super satisfying; especially in combos. The art package is awesome. Never been a big KISS fan. I'll probably keep the KISS classics hits and load a couple heavy rockers from the same era like early Sammy Hagar to keep me from killing myself.
I almost let the Pinside haters talk me out of KISS and into ST, GB or MET. I can't tell you how many posts I read about the Demon head drains and how someone had to dump their KISS. Then I would start listening to the hype and move towards the GB Pro. However, I was rarely getting drains on KISS but nothing compared to the ridiculously unfair drains in GB. Then the I got worried over all of the whining about the rules. After studying the rules on each Stern Pro and many sessions playing these pins on location, I just don't get the criticism. The PAPA/Bowen tutorial confirmed to me that the current KISS rule set is fun, challenging and deep.
Bottom line, KISS is the NIB Pro that I enjoyed most out of the ones available for purchase today. Played for several hours last night and not a single SDTM drain yet and had the best time of my life at a pin! Definitely happy with my decision.

Agree on all counts. Congrats on the purchase.

1 month later
#366 7 years ago

Just came back from an arcade I stop by whenever I am at the beach that has 60 or so pins. I played around 80 games while I was there and half were on the kiss le they had! I just couldn't get enough. I agree that they certainly could do something with the cities, but the game just shoots so good. Perhaps I just didn't get deep enough into the game to see some of the gaps in code that I see people complain about, but what is currently there definitely kept me busy. Compared to the GB LE that they had, kiss was far and away more enjoyable.

#367 7 years ago

I couldn't agree more! I bought a KISS Pro after months of playing all of the available Sterns Pros and I liked KISS best. I played GB for 2 hours last week and it wasn't nearly as fun as KISS.

I don't really see what the bitchin about code is all about. It does have some bugs that need to be fixed. I'd love a new code drop on KISS but the current code it pretty freaking fun and challenging.

#368 7 years ago

Anyone looking to sell their Stern topper?

#369 7 years ago

I also think that Kiss shoots better that GB. I hope they polish the code to make it a real winner.

#370 7 years ago

I play a few games tonight and instead of focusing on modes, I focused on collecting the grid items... especially the instruments. My scores were consistently higher and the modes got completed along the way. I've never gotten to the wizard modes and I was one insert away from Heavens on Fire when I drained the last ball. I wanted to cry!

How do you guys get consistently high scores? Any secrets?

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I play a few games tonight and instead of focusing on modes, I focused on collecting the grid items... especially the instruments. My scores were consistently higher and the modes got completed along the way. I've never gotten to the wizard modes and I was one insert away from Heavens on Fire when I drained the last ball. I wanted to cry!
How do you guys get consistently high scores? Any secrets?

Set the grid completion to one and also the multiplier to one song completion. It makes the game way more fun. You get heavily rewarded for keeping the ball in play and Heaven's on fire is actually achievable now and then. It's probably the best mode in the game.

#372 7 years ago

Did you watch that Bowen tutorial?? He blew that thing up!! Haha

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Set the grid completion to one and also the multiplier to one song completion. It makes the game way more fun. You get heavily rewarded for keeping the ball in play and Heaven's on fire is actually achievable now and then. It's probably the best mode in the game.

Exactly what I did too......love it this way..... WAY more fun.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Did you watch that Bowen tutorial?? He blew that thing up!! Haha

Yeah I did watch that video! I think it's ironic that people think the KISS code it super thin and it took Bowen nearly 30 minutes to get to ALMOST get to the first wizard mode, Heaven on Fire before he drained the last ball without starting the mode at the scoop. A good game for me is 10 minutes and maybe 3 modes completed.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Great advice! I almost made it to Heaven's on Fire tonight for the first time on these settings. Even with setting the song multiplier to one I always seem to drain right after getting the 2x multiplier. Like some evil curse.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I changed the grid to one, but I hadn't thought about changing the multiplier to one song. Good advice! I can get to 2x on two songs, but 3x and beyond seem impossible for me.

I love grid completion on one, especially since I changed Heaven's on Fire to New York Groove. The beginning of NYG sounds so rewarding when it starts.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Great advice! I almost made it to Heaven's on Fire tonight for the first time on these settings. Even with setting the song multiplier to one I always seem to drain right after getting the 2x multiplier. Like some evil curse.

Yeah....me and a good friend have been playing a lot of Kiss and agree there is something about draining as soon as 2x is lit. I call it the drain light.

Changing the settings makes the game better. I can get HOF multiball lit often.

The one thing I wish they would code is a short ball save for when you lock a ball and the new ball auto plunges straight to the pops and straight to the drain. It's like you get punished for locking a ball. This is not an issue for the Pro but for the LE/ Premium.

The other thing I think they should change is you should be able to light and collect lit instruments during multiball. It really has no affect on the jackpot values. It is hard enough to collect instruments as is. Even if you set it for extra ball at 1 instrument you need like 49 more to get another........and it takes like 7 instruments to light Ace which is not easy to do consistently. It would certainly allow people to progress further but not make scoring unbalanced. You still have to start multiball for big jackpots and even then you have to complete several shots to get super jackpots. And the monster scores only happen IF you have 2X/3X lit.

#378 7 years ago

I just played this game for the first time today and I LOVED IT!!!! I Will be making this my first purchase soon, I had a lot of fun playing it! I will be changing the recordings however, I just cannot accept that they have been rerecorded.

#379 7 years ago

Has someone already done a replacement code update with the old recordings that I can download? I haven't messed around with the software to do it myself and just don't have time.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The one thing I wish they would code is a short ball save for when you lock a ball and the new ball auto plunges straight to the pops and straight to the drain. It's like you get punished for locking a ball. This is not an issue for the Pro but for the LE/ Premium.

I saw some KISS advice on a video that suggested to soft plunge before the auto-plunge has a chance in order to maintain control. I can usually remember to do the soft-plunge. You don't have much time but it is pretty easy as long as you condition yourself to react quickly to the SDTM.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Tempest:

I Will be making this my first purchase soon

New KISS machines are getting rarer by the day. I got one of the last Pros. I think might be able to find one but Stern's done making new KISS Pros.

#382 7 years ago

Hi. I'm searching for an Kiss Premium Translite for My German Kiss Machine. Anybody here who sell one Or knows where can i buy one?

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

New KISS machines are getting rarer by the day. I got one of the last Pros. I think might be able to find one but Stern's done making new KISS Pros.

Where'd you hear this? They're still posted on the Stern website. Normally they move them to archive when they're done producing them.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Has someone already done a replacement code update with the old recordings that I can download? I haven't messed around with the software to do it myself and just don't have time.

I replaced all the songs on my Pro with original live recordings. Gives a LOT more energy to the game.

I also replaced a couple of songs I wasn't too thrilled with. Love it!

#385 7 years ago

I had 2 Chicago distributors tell me that the pros were done and the final run of premiums were also winding down. I got one of the last couple that were still at Stern. Or so I was told.

#386 7 years ago

I wonder how many LEs actually got produced.

1 week later
#387 7 years ago

I've been messing with the settings and I think I have it tuned to my skill level and it's freaking a blast to play now.

9: first number of grids lit for grid MB: 1
29: reset shot mulitplier at ball start: NO
31: reset playfield multiplier at ball start: NO
32: song completion for playfield multiplier: 1
36: instrument rule difficulty: PWR-ON=LIGHT ALL
37: instruments carry ball/ball: YES
38: 1st instrument extra ball: 3
40: instruments to blink spaceman: 4
41: instruments to light spaceman: 8

It's still very challenging for me. Instruments are pretty hard to collect so this gives me a fighting chance at blinking the SPACEMAN each game. Settings #36 and #40 are KEY to increasing the number of fun games. Just hit that evil right ramp once and the instruments are within your grasp.

Now I get close to closing the grid out frequently. I've only gotten to Heaven's on Fire a handful of times but it gets pretty exciting getting the grid almost filled.

#388 7 years ago

Anyone have a Sparky MDM lying around?

#389 7 years ago

Do you guys recommend mylar for your KISS? Is there a mylar sheet available for KISS? If not what do you recommend?

Thanks

#390 7 years ago

After closer look I do see that there is mylar on my KISS. I guess the area I was worried about was the inlanes as the are showing some trails and there doesn't see to be mylar on the inlanes.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Just made the deal on LE #50. After talking to Kurt of Hemispheres I felt NOW was time to pull the trigger!!!

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I've been messing with the settings and I think I have it tuned to my skill level and it's freaking a blast to play now.
9: first number of grids lit for grid MB: 1
29: reset shot mulitplier at ball start: NO
31: reset playfield multiplier at ball start: NO
32: song completion for playfield multiplier: 1
36: instrument rule difficulty: PWR-ON=LIGHT ALL
37: instruments carry ball/ball: YES
38: 1st instrument extra ball: 3
40: instruments to blink spaceman: 4
41: instruments to light spaceman: 8
It's still very challenging for me. Instruments are pretty hard to collect so this gives me a fighting chance at blinking the SPACEMAN each game. Settings #36 and #40 are KEY to increasing the number of fun games. Just hit that evil right ramp once and the instruments are within your grasp.
Now I get close to closing the grid out frequently. I've only gotten to Heaven's on Fire a handful of times but it gets pretty exciting getting the grid almost filled.

So I've played around with some of the settings, as well. I had changed the grid completion to 1 (setting 9), but collecting the instruments was still my biggest challenge. Hitting the ramp multiple times, as well as the drum instrument in the left orbit is difficult for me to do consistently.

Changing INSTRUMENT setting 36 to LIGHT ALL is a lot more enjoyable, but I may need to change number of grids back to the default of 2. I'm reaching Heaven's on Fire almost every game (I've actually changed that song to New York Groove; much more enjoyable). I think grid completion back to default 2 but instrument setting 36 to LIGHT ALL would be the perfect balance.

I also changed SONG COMPLETION 32 to 1 a while back, but I still only reached 3x playfield once or twice. After changing Reset Playfield Multiplier at End of Ball to NO (31), I reached Colossal right away and blew away my previous score by several hundred million. I haven't been able to reach Colossal again, so maybe I'll leave 31 at NO for now.

I need to set LOVE GUN multiball to the hardest setting. I hate starting it because it gets in the way of my other objectives. I don't mind Demon multiball because I love hearing God of Thunder during this multiball (song change).

#393 7 years ago

I think I'm using your song changes, do you also have "I stole your love"? That could be the greatest song for this pin.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think I'm using your song changes, do you also have "I stole your love"? That could be the greatest song for this pin.

That would be a good one, for sure. However, I like my song list right now, so I don't know what I would replace for "I Stole Your Love."

I wish KISS ARMY multiball was a song that is not a choice as a regular mode. I reached KISS ARMY last night, and it felt like I was just playing the song mode as a multiball.

#395 7 years ago

Great feedback Sparky! There is a massive amount of rule tailoring in KISS settings.

My KISS Pro is freaking amazing after adjusting the rules to my liking. After changing the Instruments rules I get to a wizard mode about every fourth game. Now I pay much more attention to the grid. It's like a whole new game with a very different feel.

I really agree on KISS needing a new song for each wizard mode. I have Heaven's On Fire Wizard mode play Ted Nugent's Strangle Hold. When that song kicks in, and the light show is going wild, it feels really special.

#396 7 years ago

How about something like this for a Kiss topper? Sorry if someone already posted the idea before. Didn't see it in the pic gallery of the thread.
They are at the Bradford exchange - about $82 including shipping. If someone mounded these on something and powered them all together, it could be pretty cool.

KissFigures (resized).JPGKissFigures (resized).JPG

(I think that is the price for each letter though.)

#397 7 years ago

my topper

IMG_1201 (resized).JPGIMG_1201 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#398 7 years ago

Thanks konjurer...resetting those settings on my Pro has showed me features I've never been able to get and thought they were unattainable or not working. I.e. 2x 3x. Really a different experience. I find it easier to understand the play rules and will work towards default settings pretty quick. Kiss is deserving of a much better rating imho...I can see a new update can jet this in at least the top 40. I can't speak for Prem/LE as I've played them only a few times at the pinball hall of fame in Vegas. While I liked what the Prem/LE has I can't see paying 2k more for thouse features. GB I can see updating to the Prem. as we have the Pro and no subway or Octo googles.

#399 7 years ago

Has anyone put the Mezel mod flames here? I thought they looked better then just being on the side.

20170214_145755 (resized).jpg20170214_145755 (resized).jpg

20170214_145725 (resized).jpg20170214_145725 (resized).jpg

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Has anyone put the Mezel mod flames here? I thought they looked better then just being on the side.

I have 6 of them installed.

20170214_215256 (resized).png20170214_215256 (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/8?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.