IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg

There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 39.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

What lubricant might be safe to use in the diverter plunger rod mechanism?

Any skate lubricant or CLP. If you look in GOT threads people are having to do this for the battering ram, most have done this for their got pins. Just do not call it oil here or you will make some one cry about it lmfao

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

What lubricant might be safe to use in the diverter plunger rod mechanism?

You shouldnt need any lubricant unless its a closed mechanism like the T2 cannon or the like. I heard you CAN use silicon grease for spinners.

#303 7 years ago

I did go ahead and use a Teflon lubricant for the portion of the plunger that is completely below the playfield and slides into the coil sleeve. This completely resolved my issue!

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Any skate lubricant or CLP. If you look in GOT threads people are having to do this for the battering ram, most have done this for their got pins. Just do not call it oil here or you will make some one cry about it lmfao

I tried searching the forum for GOT threads about this but couldn't locate any specific discussions. At least for now, the issue is resolved with the lubricant and there is no excess oily film that will cause issue.

#305 7 years ago

Anyone have each of the song request numbers for Pinball Browser?

#306 7 years ago

Nevermind. It looks like their all listed together toward the beginning. Set up differently than MET.

#307 7 years ago

Proud member....should have joined long ago.

Kiss PRO was my 3rd NIB pin...and the first one where I waited 5 months until after release before buying, played a bunch on location, said "I love this" - saw an opportunity, got a great deal (Thanks WeenerMan), and have not even considered dealing away--not even when the code was late.
New code is cool, next one will be even better, but here is the clincher:
I love the older pins - SS - some EM's.
One of my biggest beefs about the DMD generation is the way the pop bumpers are not very impactful on many titles.
Like Avatar and TWD - one way out, and no fast- multi directional blasts from the pop bumper area. That's just not as fun for me.
Kiss - the pop bumpers have a lot of free space on several sides, and the ball comes flying out of there in lots of different directions, like an old school pin. Makes the multiball modes fast and furious too.
To me, it is the #1 thing that sets KISS above all the other DMD pins.

When the cities are involved in the rules - we will all have even more fun, and I can't wait.

#308 7 years ago

In case anyone is looking for the info to change songs, I posted the request numbers in the thread below. Oga83 asked me to define and upload, but I haven't figured that out yet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser#post-3174055

Also, my song changes are below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-kiss-sounds-with-pinball-browser#post-3174071

#309 7 years ago

Really enjoy the game with new code. Put orange Titan rubber on mine. Next is music changes.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#310 7 years ago

Since changing songs the other day, I reached New York Groove last night (Heaven's on Fire). It sounded great the way the beginning of the song started with the long pause before kicking out the ball.

#311 7 years ago

Here are a few pics of some of the things I've done so far:

Ace_and_Bass_(resized).jpgAce_and_Bass_(resized).jpg

Axe_Bass_(resized).pngAxe_Bass_(resized).png

Fire_1_(resized).jpgFire_1_(resized).jpg

Catman_on_Drums_(resized).pngCatman_on_Drums_(resized).png

Fire_2_(resized).jpgFire_2_(resized).jpg

#312 7 years ago

A couple more. I split a flipper topper set to do one side stars and the other flames.

Speaker_Light_Up_(resized).pngSpeaker_Light_Up_(resized).png

Flipper_Toppers_(resized).jpgFlipper_Toppers_(resized).jpg

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:Here are a few pics of some of the things I've done so far:

Looks great! Where did you get the Gene autograph version of the axe bass?
How did you secure your Peter and Ace figures?
I drilled a hole in Ace's back (stand up figure version), cut a metal clothes hanger down to side, and then secured the wire to one of the screws near Paul so Ace stands up next to him. Ironically, when Paul is dancing, Ace shakes a bit too slightly.

#314 7 years ago

The axe bass is a key chain/magnet from ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

For all the mounting, I use the bracket I had made for my Micro Display Mods. It's a thin L bracket, and I cut the length down if it's too long, and then bend for the proper angle. There's one on the back of Catman, one on the back of the bass drum, and one on the back of Ace. I drilled small pilot holes in the back of those items, and then used a small screw. For the back of the axe bass, I hot-glued the bracket to the back of the magnet.

Micro_Display_Mod_Bracket_(resized).jpgMicro_Display_Mod_Bracket_(resized).jpg

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Really enjoy the game with new code. Put orange Titan rubber on mine. Next is music changes.

Looks great! How hard was it to change the rubbers on the upper playfield? I haven't done it yet cuz it looks like a major PITA.

#316 7 years ago

Hey Sparky! Can you post a long view shot of your playfield with a good view of all of your mods? I've been trying to find a Kiss Pro, but it seems like they are sold out, too high, or no one wants to sell me one. All I get is offers of the Premium and LE models

#317 7 years ago

I'm not home with the game, but this is what I have on my phone. It's not a long shot, but it shows the figures, but not the fire.

I have a few more things to add, so I'll post pics over the next few weeks as I have time to add them.

KISS_Long_shot_(resized).pngKISS_Long_shot_(resized).png

#318 7 years ago

Is the fire, the GOT fire from mezel mods?

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is the fire, the GOT fire from mezel mods?

Yes. I'm going to add more of the fire around the back, too.

#320 7 years ago

Looks great sparky , well done..

2 weeks later
#322 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Sharp looking game. Where did you get those side blades? They go really well with the rest of the playfield color scheme

#323 7 years ago

Rubbers actually weren't that bad. There isn't many on this game at all. Upper Pf is a bit tricky, patience is the key up there. I think it took me about 1 1/2 hours to do it all. I can't remember where I got the side art. One of the main retailers used by this group. Laseriffic, Mezelmods etc. Now enjoying my new music mix too.

1 week later
#324 7 years ago

Godfather shooter rod for KISS $40 shipped

IMG_3607_(resized).jpgIMG_3607_(resized).jpg

#325 7 years ago

Hadnt played my kiss in a while and forgot how fun it is

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Hadnt played my kiss in a while and forgot how fun it is

I'm loving it!

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm loving it!

How u liking that topper

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

How u liking that topper

I love the topper! I tried it without the yellow filter for about 10 secconds, and then decided to keep the yellow filter on. Much better!

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I love the topper! I tried it without the yellow filter for about 10 secconds, and then decided to keep the yellow filter on. Much better!

Great to hear sparky

#330 7 years ago

How did you install the yellow filter? I used Velcro to hold mine. Just curious. Your kiss looks great btw!

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

How did you install the yellow filter? I used Velcro to hold mine. Just curious. Your kiss looks great btw!

I drilled two holes in the yellow plastic to line up with two existing, and I used a countersink bit so the flat head would be flush. Delta9 sold me the topper and had cut the yellow plastic himself. He had it secured temporarily with rubber bands.

1 week later
#332 7 years ago

This game is ROCKING again for me. I just bit the bullet and closed the outlanes to minimum. Side drains from way up the playfield, like straight from the pops, were starting to shit me to tears. Scores went through the roof immediately. I know, play better, but most of all it has to be fun, and I was about to sell this, and now seriously it has jumped orders of magnitude in playability and FUN. I still HATE the music, but at least confident enough now that I'll keep it for a while to bother changing up the soundtrack.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This game is ROCKING again for me. I just bit the bullet and closed the outlanes to minimum. Side drains from way up the playfield, like straight from the pops, were starting to shit me to tears. Scores went through the roof immediately. I know, play better, but most of all it has to be fun, and I was about to sell this, and now seriously it has jumped orders of magnitude in playability and FUN. I still HATE the music, but at least confident enough now that I'll keep it for a while to bother changing up the soundtrack.

I am torn about moving the posts....I want to play better and occasionally I have that killer game. Kiss is a drain monster for sure and can be frustrating...but it still has that one more game feel for me.

But I am curios to hear from others that have removed the post by the pops.....what are they doing to protect the small hole and how is the play with it opened up?

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I drilled two holes in the yellow plastic to line up with two existing, and I used a countersink bit so the flat head would be flush. Delta9 sold me the topper and had cut the yellow plastic himself. He had it secured temporarily with rubber bands.

You should be able to remove the regular clear front of the topper and then put the yellow in then just replace the clear and secure with original screws... that's how mine is secured.

#335 7 years ago

Just got my Kiss Prem and really enjoy the game. Fantastic light show, art and overall package. Looking forward to future updates on this title as it has potential to be a great game. The grid progression needs clear feedback on what your goals are and when items are completed. The games needs skill shots! Maybe they are tied to the city choice?

Overall I really like this games layout and overall package. Looking forward to future updates. I think this game will end up a great game and will surprise many. It's got everything going for it just needs some polish and code love.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

You should be able to remove the regular clear front of the topper and then put the yellow in then just replace the clear and secure with original screws... that's how mine is secured.

The yellow was custom cut and doesn't fit inside the frame. The way I did it worked just fine.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The yellow was custom cut and doesn't fit inside the frame. The way I did it worked just fine.

Pinballife sells a yellow film not as good as sparkys set up with the yellow translucent plastic

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Pinballife sells a yellow film not as good as sparkys set up with the yellow translucent plastic

Hmmm.... my yellow plastic did fit under the original clear plastic and all secured with original screws so perhaps some were not cut correctly?

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Hmmm.... my yellow plastic did fit under the original clear plastic and all secured with original screws so perhaps some were not cut correctly?

The yellow on my topper is not from Pinball Life. I bought the topper from Delta9, and I believe he cut his own piece of translucent plastic, and it fits on the outside edge of the frame. I secured it with the existing screw holes, and it looks fine.

#340 7 years ago

Why is it that everytime I bump into this thread, it reminds me first of Metallica instead of KISS? No remorse, no repent...

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Why is it that everytime I bump into this thread, it reminds me first of Metallica instead of KISS? No remorse....

I have many regrets...shoulda talked my boss into a metallica instead.

#342 7 years ago

Have the pop bumpers always switched the green arrow shots on Black Diamond, or was this on the new code? If its always been that way i have never noticed it before.

2 weeks later
#343 7 years ago

Fixed my KISS code boredom for now (no, I'm not bitching about the code, just stating facts). I replaced all the music with Muse tracks. At least now as I'm plodding around the playfield wondering whether to hit the left green arrow or the right green arrow even though it won't make any difference, I don't have to listen to that revolting original music. Still loving the look and shots on this bad boy, and can rock out to it now. Looking forward to some strategy. Maybe for Christmas?

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fixed my KISS code boredom for now (no, I'm not bitching about the code, just stating facts). I replaced all the music with Muse tracks. At least now as I'm plodding around the playfield wondering whether to hit the left green arrow or the right green arrow even though it won't make any difference, I don't have to listen to that revolting original music. Still loving the look and shots on this bad boy, and can rock out to it now. Looking forward to some strategy. Maybe for Christmas?

I find it challenging to complete two song tracks to get 2x lit, and then keep the same ball in play to take advantage of that. I came close to getting 3x lit, but it's such a bummer to work so hard, and then have to start over on the next ball. Reminds me of IM's Do or Die mode. I can't even imagine getting to Colossal bonus.

I've reached the grid multi-ball a few times (forgot the official name of the multi-ball. Army?), but that's a completely different strategy than completing the tracks and going for the 2x, 3x, Colossal.

By the way, I love starting the Army(?) mb because I changed "Heaven's on Fire" to "New York Groove" and the beginning of the song while the game is holding the ball sounds great!

#345 7 years ago

Really happy to join with my HUO Kiss Pro. Orange runners and plastic protectors.

Looking to pick up some of the orange star armor at a reasonable price if anyone has any leads.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I find it challenging to complete two song tracks to get 2x lit, and then keep the same ball in play to take advantage of that. I came close to getting 3x lit, but it's such a bummer to work so hard, and then have to start over on the next ball. Reminds me of IM's Do or Die mode. I can't even imagine getting to Colossal bonus.
I've reached the grid multi-ball a few times (forgot the official name of the multi-ball. Army?), but that's a completely different strategy than completing the tracks and going for the 2x, 3x, Colossal.
By the way, I love starting the Army(?) mb because I changed "Heaven's on Fire" to "New York Groove" and the beginning of the song while the game is holding the ball sounds great!

Totally agree, Sparks. Plenty of challenge, and when you want to keep the ball alive long enough for that sweet guitar solo buried somewhere in the background music, then there is enough to keep you engaged. Plenty actually. But just let me have some more interesting reasons to shoot.

1 week later
#347 7 years ago

Has anyone figured out how to make the balls spitting out of Gene's head stop from going straight down the center?

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone figured out how to make the balls spitting out of Gene's head stop from going straight down the center?

Mine only does that once out of about 20. However, the ball save is always on when it spits out, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

However, the ball save is always on when it spits out, so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Except, I think, in multiballs. I seem to get gimped by the occasional Gene SDTM in a MB, even with that ballsave running.

#350 7 years ago

Same here. Pretty frustrating when your having an epic game and Gene spits your last ball SDTM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 29.95
Wanted
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.