• Rocks! 66 votes
    86%
  • Rolls! 4 votes
    5%
  • Me Quick! 7 votes
    9%

(77 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0B25BDD8-23AE-4BC6-8968-6C0A4B367A4F (resized).jpeg
b27d07a9872545f302035c872b7427418077bca6 (resized).jpg
Screensho_2 (resized).jpg
KISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpg
E447667E-24B6-4119-B4B4-83ED0E150D77 (resized).jpeg
BB4DC7A1-7334-4988-8E6D-4F0561387573 (resized).jpeg
64FC27C1-E0D3-46E1-85BE-7FD5190B1165 (resized).jpeg
112DC3E7-6D69-4039-AC5F-F1AB93C314BB (resized).jpeg
IMG_3197 (resized).JPG
E61F1158-ADC1-48F2-AFEB-501ADCC54A69 (resized).jpeg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0443 (resized).jpeg
20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
20191011_134836 (resized).jpg
20191011_134815 (resized).jpg

There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.
#251 4 years ago

What do you guys think of lane change in the star child area with new code? Might be cool because nudging does nothing up there.

#252 4 years ago

Love kiss. I think the game is super fun as is. The art and layout and sounds are badass. A little more code and this thing is going to rock even harder.

2 weeks later
#254 4 years ago

Any one with an LE pick these up? How well do they match the lock down bar?

http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/7509278-2/

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Any one with an LE pick these up? How well do they match the lock down bar?
http://www.pinballmetal.com/products/7509278-2/

They are perfect and WAAAAAAAAAY more SWEET!

IMG_1100_(resized).JPG

#256 4 years ago

E: I hate Pinside on my phone. Sorry.

#257 4 years ago

Alright, boss wants to pull the trigger on those after seeing your pic. Thanks.

#258 4 years ago

Alright, boss wants to pull the trigger on those after seeing your pic. Thanks.

You won't regret it.

IMG_1035_(resized).JPG

#259 4 years ago

How hard were they to put on? Ive honestly never taken side rails off a single machine. This is my first Stern as well (well, not tech mine, but I work on it for my boss).

#260 4 years ago

Not too difficult. You have to loosen the box hinges. Right side a little tricky with the power supply right behind the hinge bolts.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not too difficult. You have to loosen the box hinges. Right side a little tricky with the power supply right behind the hinge bolts.

What he said

#262 4 years ago

Didn't want to start a new thread about this so I'll throw it in here... has anyone removed the post between the two right pop bumpers as another escape route for the ball? I remember a couple people saying they might try it. Just wondering what people thought of removing it and if it was working out for the people who have already removed it.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Didn't want to start a new thread about this so I'll throw it in here... has anyone removed the post between the two right pop bumpers as another escape route for the ball? I remember a couple people saying they might try it. Just wondering what people thought of removing it and if it was working out for the people who have already removed it.

I did and it's way better. You can get the ball in the pops from the side and it shoots it out. Makes the game much less linear.

#264 4 years ago

Did you use anything to cover up the hole?

#265 4 years ago

Couple glamour shots for ya before and after. Side rails look SWEET.

This machine sits in our office since its my boss's. I havent had it open since we bought it other than to put balls in and to get a jammed ball outta gene's head. This game seems to be acting VERY wacky.

First, gene is trying to kick a ball out of his head over and over again for some reason all of a sudden mid game. The game doesnt seem to know where the balls are. I had a 4 ball love gun multiball....pretty sure that was only 2 or 3 last time I played.

I pulled the trough opto plugs and re seated them with no luck. I looked inside gene's head and I cant find anything wrong.

Is this a software thing? I updated with the last update, what was it, 1.04 I think? This was supposed to fix any gene issues right?

Just very wacky stuff....

ALSO, so there is mylar on this playfield....didnt know that. Looks like I have an edge coming up next to ace's head on the playfield. Pics are hard to see. Any advice for fixing that?

IMG_0293_(resized).JPG

IMG_0297_(resized).JPG

IMG_0295_(resized).JPG

IMG_0296_(resized).JPG

#266 4 years ago

Probably remove mylar and call Stern see if they can send you another piece.

#267 4 years ago

Looks good! What are you going to do with the original side rails?

#268 4 years ago

I had a 4 ball love gun multiball....pretty sure that was only 2 or 3 last time I played.

You can add balls to Love Gun multiball by hitting backstage pass. The MB starts with three balls, and can go up from there.

#269 4 years ago

Couple glamour shots for ya before and after. Side rails look SWEET.
This machine sits in our office since its my boss's. I havent had it open since we bought it other than to put balls in and to get a jammed ball outta gene's head. This game seems to be acting VERY wacky.
First, gene is trying to kick a ball out of his head over and over again for some reason all of a sudden mid game. The game doesnt seem to know where the balls are. I had a 4 ball love gun multiball....pretty sure that was only 2 or 3 last time I played.
I pulled the trough opto plugs and re seated them with no luck. I looked inside gene's head and I cant find anything wrong.
Is this a software thing? I updated with the last update, what was it, 1.04 I think? This was supposed to fix any gene issues right?
Just very wacky stuff....
ALSO, so there is mylar on this playfield....didnt know that. Looks like I have an edge coming up next to ace's head on the playfield. Pics are hard to see. Any advice for fixing that?

IMG_0293_(resized).JPGIMG_0297_(resized).JPGIMG_0295_(resized).JPGIMG_0296_(resized).JPG

Same spot on my LE where mylar was curling up. I just, VERY CAREFULLY, trimmed the curled piece with an exacto knife.

1 week later
#270 3 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the demon head being unpredictable as to if it locks a ball or virtual lock? My game sometimes will lock the ball and other times it'll shoot out the head. It doesn't just happen when there are balls already locked. It'll do with when no balls are locked in it. I'm thinking it might be a flaky switch in the lock but nothing shows up in test nor do I get a credit dot. I just want to make sure it's not a code bug that others are seeing before I tear into it. It doesn't really bother me because my head doesn't shoot SDTM. Just curious if it needs reported as a bug.

#271 3 years ago

My head is all jacked up dirk. Havent had time to dick with it.

#272 3 years ago

New recruit - reporting for duty.

image_(resized).jpeg

#273 3 years ago

Holy cow! I'm a bit in love with this game.

#274 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the music in v.1.28 with original music yet?

#275 3 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on hitting that right ramp?

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anyone have any tips on hitting that right ramp?

I backhand mine pretty easily.

#277 3 years ago

I cradle with the left flipper then shoot when the ball is almost near the end of the flipper. If I shoot too late I end up hitting the spinner or ARMY targets and sometimes land in the Starchild area.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I cradle with the left flipper then shoot when the ball is almost near the end of the flipper. If I shoot too late I end up hitting the spinner or ARMY targets and sometimes land in the Starchild area.

This is what I do.

How do you backhand it up the right ramp?

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

How do you backhand it up the right ramp?

I just literally did this a bunch of times in a game. Its not hard. Just gotta release it in the right spot.

#280 3 years ago

I just literally did this a bunch of times in a game. Its not hard. Just gotta release it in the right spot.

Yep

#281 3 years ago

So you just cradle the ball and let it roll to the end of the flipper or something? I have tried to do this, but my inexperience is against me.

#282 3 years ago

Its more like middle flipper, not the end. Its a quick release and flip. I do it on my T2 too, might be why I can do it so easily, lol.

#283 3 years ago

Its more like middle flipper, not the end. Its a quick release and flip. I do it on my T2 too, might be why I can do it so easily, lol.

I backhanded the shot one time, and was like "awesome, I can backhand the ramp? This is gonna really open the game up!" Sadly, I haven't done it since. But knowing that other people can do it will give me some motivation to throw a few dollars at just practicing it.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I backhanded the shot one time, and was like "awesome, I can backhand the ramp? This is gonna really open the game up!" Sadly, I haven't done it since. But knowing that other people can do it will give me some motivation to throw a few dollars at just practicing it.

Ya, totally different when you have the machine at your disposal for $0.

Also depends on the machine too, they are all unique flowers. I played multiple T2s for years and they were always brutal. Got my own, cleaned her up, modded her, and now I can do things I can NEVER do on routed machines.

#285 3 years ago

Running v1.28 software on my Pro. Managed to start Heaven's On Fire, only to get two balls immediately stuck in the VUK (see picture). They would NOT budge, even after numerous ball searches. I had to power down the game and remove the kicker assembly from under the playfield to dislodge the balls. Very frustrating.

I searched here and on the Stern site. Didn't find any note on fixing this. Is this a known problem? The machine is unplayable when this happens.

demon_lock_(resized).jpg

#286 3 years ago

That's not a code issue, that's a bad lock design. You are out of luck when that happens too. After so many ball searches it adds up your bonus and goes on to the next ball. Doh!

#287 3 years ago

Just use the magnet on a stick tool. It will pull out the top ball, throw it in the shooter lane and continue your game minus the frustration. Hope this helps.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Just use the magnet on a stick tool. It will pull out the top ball, throw it in the shooter lane and continue your game minus the frustration. Hope this helps.

This is what i do.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Same thing I did. Smarter not harder.

1 week later
#290 3 years ago

I paid for a low-play HUO yesterday. I have a guy picking it up for me in two weeks! I can't wait to join the club!

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I paid for a low-play HUO yesterday. I have a guy picking it up for me in two weeks! I can't wait to join the club!

SWEET, now for some more kick ass mods from you.....he he

#292 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced any of the rubber posts in KISS? If so, are these the 1 1/16" inch version as sold on Pinballlife.com?
(http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=68)
I'm considering swapping out the standard black for red but would like to hear/see some ideas as to what people have done.

1 week later
#293 3 years ago

Has anyone had problem with the diverter on their Premium/LE? Mine sometimes fires all the way, half way, or just sticks in the up position.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Running v1.28 software on my Pro. Managed to start Heaven's On Fire, only to get two balls immediately stuck in the VUK (see picture). They would NOT budge, even after numerous ball searches. I had to power down the game and remove the kicker assembly from under the playfield to dislodge the balls. Very frustrating.
I searched here and on the Stern site. Didn't find any note on fixing this. Is this a known problem? The machine is unplayable when this happens.

This happened on my pro too. Like you, I had to remove the vuk to get the balls out. It's a pretty bad design flaw...

Rob

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Has anyone had problem with the diverter on their Premium/LE? Mine sometimes fires all the way, half way, or just sticks in the up position.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having an issue with my right ramp diverter (Love Gun multiball) on my Premium.. I've been in contact with Stern about it and Chaz has on order a new assembly for me. Originally, he sent out the wrong plunger mechanism and a new one has to be assembled since they don't normally stock this part.
In my case, 9/10 times cannot get the plunger to drop down yet the coil is firing because I can hear a click. When I physically attempt to push the ramp diverter metal rectangle down it's sometimes physically difficult to do so and I have to wiggle the piece and then I can push it down.
Stern didn't have a good answer as to why this might be happening but at least it doesn't sound like I'm the only one having the issue.

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I'm having an issue with my right ramp diverter (Love Gun multiball) on my Premium.. I've been in contact with Stern about it and Chaz has on order a new assembly for me. Originally, he sent out the wrong plunger mechanism and a new one has to be assembled since they don't normally stock this part.
In my case, 9/10 times cannot get the plunger to drop down yet the coil is firing because I can hear a click. When I physically attempt to push the ramp diverter metal rectangle down it's sometimes physically difficult to do so and I have to wiggle the piece and then I can push it down.
Stern didn't have a good answer as to why this might be happening but at least it doesn't sound like I'm the only one having the issue.

Try adding a few drops of lubricant on the pins connecting the rod on both the bottom and top where the pins connect it

#297 3 years ago

No oil should ever be used in a pinball machine.

#298 3 years ago

Posted this in the issues thread, no response. Any one got any ideas?

Alright so I am still having issues with my demon lock. I had thought it was an alignment issue because if I pushed a little on the first set of optos it would fix it....for like 1-2 games max. Now its back to not recognizing the first ball every game. So I opened her up AGAIN today. Pulled the "cape" plastic shroud, and pushed on the optos a bit again. Left the cape off, played a game, all good. Put the shroud back on, back to square 1. So.....needless to say the shroud is staying off. I didnt do a damn thing other than remove that plastic shroud and now it works perfect every time. So W T F. Grrrr.

#299 3 years ago

No oil should ever be used in a pinball machine.

What lubricant might be safe to use in the diverter plunger rod mechanism?

#300 3 years ago

Has anyone tried the GoT Dragon flames from Mezelmods instead of the Fire set for KISS? My game came with the KISS set, but I like the look of the GoT flames. They said they should fit. I'm going to try them out.

GoT_Dragon_Flames_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside