• Rocks! 66 votes
    86%
  • Rolls! 4 votes
    5%
  • Me Quick! 7 votes
    9%

(77 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0B25BDD8-23AE-4BC6-8968-6C0A4B367A4F (resized).jpeg
b27d07a9872545f302035c872b7427418077bca6 (resized).jpg
Screensho_2 (resized).jpg
KISS Disc motor mylar decal (resized).jpg
E447667E-24B6-4119-B4B4-83ED0E150D77 (resized).jpeg
BB4DC7A1-7334-4988-8E6D-4F0561387573 (resized).jpeg
64FC27C1-E0D3-46E1-85BE-7FD5190B1165 (resized).jpeg
112DC3E7-6D69-4039-AC5F-F1AB93C314BB (resized).jpeg
IMG_3197 (resized).JPG
E61F1158-ADC1-48F2-AFEB-501ADCC54A69 (resized).jpeg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0443 (resized).jpeg
20180118_122038 (resized).jpg
20191011_134836 (resized).jpg
20191011_134815 (resized).jpg

There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Give us some more code Stern haven't played mine for weeks.

I cannot believe twd just got another code release. Wtf.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I cannot believe twd just got another code release. Wtf.

That was just a bug fix release. No new features. KISS will have a major update this month.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

That was just a bug fix release. No new features. KISS will have a major update this month.

If Kiss gets an update, I will lose my shit. The art, shots, audio, and theme are all killer. The code is a total drag right now though. Let's hope for a good one.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

As the backbox KISS 'fade' out it isnt super smooth...Its choppy...Kind of like a strobe. LED Strips can have different intensity levels making it appear to fade out. I assume thats what they did.
Do you have the MEZ version?

Ok I see what you mean. That has nothing to do with the LED's. If you look real closely at your left targets you will notice they do the same thing. This is Stern's attempt to to do a fading pattern with LED's, not perfected yet but I am guessing it should be addressed in future code updates. I have a version of the back box lighting kit I have made myself. I have a dark game room and when you walk by a KISS with the MEZ kit the KISS lettering is blacked out because of their shadow box. I wasn't keen on that look so I developed a version that does not do that that. I still think MEZ makes quality stuff, I just went a different route.

#205 4 years ago

I bailed out on my Kiss le,
I can just foresee the same outcome what Transformers had.
Waiting too long for a decent code on a machine that should have hit a home run from the start.

#206 4 years ago

It's unbelievable that everyone has already got to Rock City wizard mode and are now bored with the game. /sarcasm off.

#207 4 years ago

So what's the verdict on this game? I'm thinking about picking up a Huo LE, but reading through this thread I'm not sure if there's more pros or cons. I played it and liked it more than expected, but don't want to get into an xmen type situation where bad early code or quality issues leaves a curse on the game forever after.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Ok I see what you mean. That has nothing to do with the LED's. If you look real closely at your left targets you will notice they do the same thing. This is Stern's attempt to to do a fading pattern with LED's, not perfected yet but I am guessing it should be addressed in future code updates. I have a version of the back box lighting kit I have made myself. I have a dark game room and when you walk by a KISS with the MEZ kit the KISS lettering is blacked out because of their Shadow box. I wasn't keen on that look so I developed a version that does not do that that. I still think MEZ makes quality stuff, I just went a different route.

You're probably right about the leds doing the same thing.

As for the lettering, I like that it's blacked out but I can understand someone not wanting that. You could probably just drill large holes in the back of each letter to let light get in there I suppose.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It's unbelievable that everyone has already got to Rock City wizard mode and are now bored with the game. /sarcasm off.

Playing ET on Atari until you 'beat it' wouldn't make it any better of a game.

Better coding would have though.

#210 4 years ago

image_1.jpegimage.jpegNot sure if the bright white is bothering anbody but me I couldnt take the bright white kiss topper in my face while im playing im still playing with it i had a extra peice of yellow plastic laying around i used a dremil and cut the plastic perfect it toned the light down quit a bit but im thinking i can make it better will repost when im satisfied

// Error: Image 481722 not found //

#211 4 years ago

I like what you did Delta. My topper though doesn't bother me at all. I don't even look at it when I'm playing. And it creates just enough light in the room that I never turn the lights on. Would love to see your topper with red film.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

image_1.jpeg image.jpeg Not sure if the bright white is bothering anbody but me I couldnt take the bright white kiss topper in my face while im playing im still playing with it i had a extra peice of yellow plastic laying around i used a dremil and cut the plastic perfect it toned the light down quit a bit but im thinking i can make it better will repost when im satisfied

Love that. They should have used an LED that was closer in temperature to an incandescent bulb

Nice job

#213 4 years ago

Pinballlife now stocks these yellow filters. I still wanna see a red one.

#214 4 years ago

kiss shooter knobs.jpg

For Sale:

BRAND NEW, Never Installed - KISS Shooter Knob Kit - official STERN product. $125 includes shipping in the U.S.
(Stern sells for $149.99 + Shipping + Tax) Stern Item #SP20

Includes The Starchild, The Demon, The Spaceman & The Cat along with replacement rod & Installation Instructions - It's complete.

send me a PM if you want it.

ScottinSGFNY

kiss shooter knobs.jpg

#215 4 years ago

Just picked up a Kiss Pro for a location I service. No issues out of the box. Everything was adjusted and worked fine. Nice job by Stern.

Updated the code, installed a Mantis protector, and it is ready to deliver and set up.

1 week later
#216 4 years ago

Great big KISS Christmas here at our household!

Got my wife a signed mini guitar (Ace) and mounted that on her game (right habitrail) using E6000 adhesive.
Also found her a hand signed (by all 4 original members) KISS Conventions Tour lithograph. She was pretty happy ...

2015-12-25_10.27.16_(resized).jpg

PhotoGrid_1451182593308_(resized).jpg

#217 4 years ago

Awesome! Hang that bad boy right next to the machine.

#218 4 years ago

You guys are all lucky owning this pin. I like Kiss a lot. I will be keeping an eye on updates and availability of them next year for sure.

#219 4 years ago

Wow that looks sweet in the game . My wife was looking for one of those for me for Christmas. If you don't mind , where did you get that signed mini guitar ? I would love to have one for my game. Thanks

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Wow that looks sweet in the game . My wife was looking for one of those for me for Christmas. If you don't mind , where did you get that signed mini guitar ? I would love to have one for my game. Thanks

Don't mind at all. Ordered it from Kiss Army Warehouse. Looks like they have some still available. Happy to shoot you some closeup pics and some simple instructions for mounting if you need them ...

http://www.kissarmywarehouse.com/ace-frehley-signed-mini-guitar-afsmg/

#221 4 years ago

Thanks I'm going to check it out. Some mounting pics would good if it's not a problem

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Don't mind at all. Ordered it from Kiss Army Warehouse. Looks like they have some still available. Happy to shoot you some closeup pics and some simple instructions for mounting if you need them ...
http://www.kissarmywarehouse.com/ace-frehley-signed-mini-guitar-afsmg/

You paid $200 for that???? As a fellow Kiss fan, Please tell me you didn't??

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You paid $200 for that???? As a fellow Kiss fan, Please tell me you didn't??

I think it looks great on the game and is something personalized by a KISS member ... wife likes it too and that's all that matters. I got it during the 20% off sale just before Christmas so I paid around $165. Seems like a fair price to me, after all I DID buy it!

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I think it looks great on the game and is something personalized by a KISS member ... wife likes it too and that's all that matters. I got it during the 20% off sale just before Christmas so I paid around $165. Seems like a fair price to me, after all I DID buy it!

Life is short. You wanted it, you bought it. And it looks cool!

#225 4 years ago

It's worth the money to me , I'm going to buy one .

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

It's worth the money to me , I'm going to buy one .

Here are the down and dirty instructions for mounting. PM if any questions:

2015-12-30_21.16.15_(resized).jpg
2015-12-30_21.10.05_(resized).jpg
2015-12-30_21.14.31_(resized).jpg
2015-12-30_21.11.34_(resized).jpg
2015-12-30_21.17.11_(resized).jpg

E6000 is this stuff

amazon.com link »
81Zi2iEAVEL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

#227 4 years ago

Gotcha thanks for everything . Have a great new year!

#228 4 years ago

Just picked up an LE tonight!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Congratulations! Code issues aside its a beautiful machine. Have fun!

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Quoted from jk2171:

Don't forget to install your topper.

image_(resized).jpeg

#231 4 years ago

That my poor mans topper!

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

That my poor mans topper!

That topper I do have!

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Congratulations! Code issues aside its a beautiful machine. Have fun!

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the show?!?

#234 4 years ago

How are y'all finding that right ramp shot? I'm finding it to be one of the hardest shots ever. I'm calling it impossible to backhand from a cradle, but happy to be proven wrong, maybe I just need to get better. Not that I'm saying it SHOULD be backhandable, just noting it. One thing I really love about the layout is the variety in the shot difficulty. It does mean though, that getting all the instruments is waaay harder than any of the other collections, so band member collections are pretty unbalanced. Nothing to say they need to be balanced though I guess.

#235 4 years ago

It's gotta be a poor layout physics thing cause that shot is abnormally hard & hurts the flow - just my opinion.

#236 4 years ago

I can backhand the right ramp *sometimes*. Not an easy shot, and I agree that one of the game's selling points is the mixture of shot difficulty.

ACDC doesn't really have a *hard* shot but the code puts together the shots well. I won't go into Kiss' code again, but suffice to say there is potential to be great.

#237 4 years ago

I am able to backhand the right ramp once and awhile. I have right now 25 right and left ramp combo shots.

#238 4 years ago

the right ramp is a killer. i find the starchild area easier to reach then getting up that ramp.

#239 4 years ago

I have been toying the idea of making a new kiss topper. It will have different lighting effects, maybe interactive as well. It would have the kiss logo predominately shown. The best part it will be way less than the stern 400 dollar price tag. If there is enough interest I could make more for other members in the KIss Army. I just think a 400 dollar price tag is kinda ridiculous on a topper, come on man that's just messed up.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I have been toying the idea of making a new kiss topper. It will have different lighting effects, maybe interactive as well. It would have the kiss logo predominately shown. The best part it will be way less than the stern 400 dollar price tag. If there is enough interest I could make more for other members in the KIss Army. I just think a 400 dollar price tag is kinda ridiculous on a topper, come on man that's just messed up.

People may be watching.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i find the starchild area easier to reach then getting up that ramp.

Definitely. I'm enjoying trying to keep the ball alive in that area long enough to get the LGMB lit in one go.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I'd be in for a topper that's not duplicative (KISS directly above KISS) and of course, less than $400!

3 weeks later
#243 4 years ago

Just installed my Kiss topper. Some thoughts:

1. It was very expensive
2. It is very high quality
3. It was very easy to install
4. It is very bright
5. I'm very happy with it

I know someone offers a yellow filter to dim some of the brightness, so hopefully other colors will be available. Red or purple would look cool.

Now where's the code??

image_(resized).jpg

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just installed my Kiss topper. Some thoughts:
1. It was very expensive
2. It is very high quality
3. It was very easy to install
4. It is very bright
5. I'm very happy with it
I know someone offers a yellow filter to dim some of the brightness, so hopefully other colors will be available. Red or purple would look cool.
Now where's the code??

image_(resized).jpg

Damn that picture gets me excited, I love the lighted speakers....HURRY UP STERN AND FINISH THIS CODE!! I want to buy my Kiss!

#245 4 years ago

The game looks great with purple accents. I have the speaker lights set to purple with purple passion Comet LEDs behind the standup targets. Purple behind the ramp rounds it out. Code or no code, Kiss is a keeper along with ACDC.

#246 4 years ago

Driving my woofer with this..

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#247 4 years ago

I have a quick question. I used to get extra ball lit with 4 instruments, but yesterday it started taking 6.
So once i get 6 instruments, I get the extra ball lit and flashing Ace.
Why would this switch on me? I didn't change anything manually and I don't see where I can put it back to 4.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a quick question. I used to get extra ball lit with 4 instruments, but yesterday it started taking 6.
So once i get 6 instruments, I get the extra ball lit and flashing Ace.
Why would this switch on me? I didn't change anything manually and I don't see where I can put it back to 4.

Change this setting to the number you want.
image_(resized).jpeg

#249 4 years ago

Thanks for the quick response

#250 4 years ago

Ran across this today....not really pinball related but I think it's relevant for this thread.

Gene gets some criticism from time to time, and some of it can stick. But this is...nice to see.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-legend-gene-simmons-grants-critically-ill-teens-final-wish/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
There are 1121 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside