IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.
#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hey kiss army, I'm at the home stretch with my kiss pro. Demon entrance opto is getting tripped, so I believe one side is loose. Trying to remove Gene's head and he's getting stuck. I took off the cape plastics then 2 screws in the metal plate. Also the right habitrail. He will slide forward but is getting stuck and I don't wanna break an impossible to get part. Any tips from those who have removed Gene?
[quoted image]

I got him. Phew.

#1602 1 year ago

Hey kiss army, I'm at the home stretch with my kiss pro. Demon entrance opto is getting tripped, so I believe one side is loose. Trying to remove Gene's head and he's getting stuck. I took off the cape plastics then 2 screws in the metal plate. Also the right habitrail. He will slide forward but is getting stuck and I don't wanna break an impossible to get part. Any tips from those who have removed Gene?
[quoted image]

I had an issue with my entrance opto. I described how I got to it here;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

I had an issue with my entrance opto. I described how I got to it here;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/9#post-3637981

Nice. Same side for mine. 5v line was off the board and the ground line had some insulation shaved off. After almost 6 months owning this game, I can finally play it.

#1604 1 year ago

Hi all
I love the I WAS MADE FOR LOVING YOU song, any chance someone have the last code for the KISS LE version with this song included ?
Or any chance someone have a link or a manual, just to use Pinball Browser to add or change a song ?
You can MP me
So many thxs,

#1605 1 year ago

I was able to grab a KISS pro last fall. It was not in great shape. Decals were shrunken, torn and wrinkled everywhere. Right side of the head was swollen so much it was protruding from both sides of the tmolding. Game was not booting, but both I and the seller were pretty sure that a new SD card would fix that, and it did, but there were other issues found afterward. Node board 1 was not found. Swapped my Rush cabinet node board in per Stern's troubleshooting instructions and the game started working fully (mostly). I was able to get a new cabinet node board to remedy that. I purchased a NOS set of KISS pro cabinet decals that were hard to find. 3 of the 5 decals were already pre shrunk on the backing paper. Both head decals and the coin door. And the right cabinet decal had some storage damage, but I was able to minimize any damage showing during the application. Final piece to the puzzle was a new right side backbox panel. It took Stern over 3 months to get it to me after being paid. I tried to take photos along the way and was waiting until it was all done to make this post. So, here's my lovely little journey in picture form, if interested.

20221102_162247 (resized).jpg20221102_162247 (resized).jpg20221102_162253 (resized).jpg20221102_162253 (resized).jpg20221102_162316 (resized).jpg20221102_162316 (resized).jpg20221102_162332 (resized).jpg20221102_162332 (resized).jpg20221104_182259 (resized).jpg20221104_182259 (resized).jpg20221104_191008 (resized).jpg20221104_191008 (resized).jpg20221106_155418 (resized).jpg20221106_155418 (resized).jpg20221107_220249 (resized).jpg20221107_220249 (resized).jpg20221108_180934 (resized).jpg20221108_180934 (resized).jpg20221108_213012 (resized).jpg20221108_213012 (resized).jpg20221109_211239 (resized).jpg20221109_211239 (resized).jpg20230214_124925 (resized).jpg20230214_124925 (resized).jpg20230214_134307 (resized).jpg20230214_134307 (resized).jpg20230214_134748 (resized).jpg20230214_134748 (resized).jpg20230214_202340 (resized).jpg20230214_202340 (resized).jpg20230216_095328 (resized).jpg20230216_095328 (resized).jpg20230216_095336 (resized).jpg20230216_095336 (resized).jpg20230216_095357 (resized).jpg20230216_095357 (resized).jpg
#1606 1 year ago

I was able to grab a KISS pro last fall. It was not in great shape. Decals were shrunken, torn and wrinkled everywhere. Right side of the head was swollen so much it was protruding from both sides of the tmolding. Game was not booting, but both I and the seller were pretty sure that a new SD card would fix that, and it did, but there were other issues found afterward. Node board 1 was not found. Swapped my Rush cabinet node board in per Stern's troubleshooting instructions and the game started working fully (mostly). I was able to get a new cabinet node board to remedy that. I purchased a NOS set of KISS pro cabinet decals that were hard to find. 3 of the 5 decals were already pre shrunk on the backing paper. Both head decals and the coin door. And the right cabinet decal had some storage damage, but I was able to minimize any damage showing during the application. Final piece to the puzzle was a new right side backbox panel. It took Stern over 3 months to get it to me after being paid. I tried to take photos along the way and was waiting until it was all done to make this post. So, here's my lovely little journey in picture form, if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Tell us more about what caused the damages to the game originally? I've never seen decals shrink like that.. And what about the swollen head?

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Wow. Tell us more about what caused the damages to the game originally? I've never seen decals shrink like that.. And what about the swollen head?

All KISS pro and premium decals had this issue. I say all, but of the 5 decals I got, 3 were one brand vinyl and they were shrunk just from storage and the other 2 were not, so I'd say all decals of that brand shrank. HUO games generally only exhibit wrinkling around bolts and other anchor points. The LE metallic decals didn't seem to have this issue. Some sort of spill had to happen to cause that backbox swelling. There was evidence of this on the top, back and inside of the head. This game was in a bar for a year and it stopped booting, so the op stored it for 6 years. This was back when Spike was new and no one new that it was probably the crappy SD card. Stern wouldn't warranty it, so he stored it. The extra time to get my backbox panel was frustrating, but allowed my cabinet to sit for months with decals applied, so if any shrinking was going to happen, I could deal with it.

#1608 1 year ago

All KISS pro and premium decals had this issue. I say all, but of the 5 decals I got, 3 were one brand vinyl and they were shrunk just from storage and the other 2 were not, so I'd say all decals of that brand shrank. HUO games generally only exhibit wrinkling around bolts and other anchor points. The LE metallic decals didn't seem to have this issue. Some sort of spill had to happen to cause that backbox swelling. There was evidence of this on the top, back and inside of the head. This game was in a bar for a year and it stopped booting, so the op stored it for 6 years. This was back when Spike was new and no one new that it was probably the crappy SD card. Stern wouldn't warranty it, so he stored it. The extra time to get my backbox panel was frustrating, but allowed my cabinet to sit for months with decals applied, so if any shrinking was going to happen, I could deal with it.

I didnt know this. The pro at our location fortunately does not have these issues. Maybe its a later run? Ping Edenecho

#1609 1 year ago

The decals on my Kiss pro are perfect. I'm going to check the build date.

#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

The decals on my Kiss pro are perfect. I'm going to check the build date.

It has to be a certain decal provider of the time. I watched a KISS pro unboxing video where the game had wrinkled decals right out of the box. It was stored for over 6 years in box and recently opened.

#1611 1 year ago

Yeah, I checked the Kiss pro that @drainmorten has at our location yesterday. You could see some shrinkage, and minor wrinkling at the left flipper button. Someone placed mylar over that though.

So, what was the story back in 2015ish? Did Stern send out new decals to everyone?

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Yeah, I checked the Kiss pro that @drainmorten has at our location yesterday. You could see some shrinkage, and minor wrinkling at the left flipper button. Someone placed mylar over that though.
So, what was the story back in 2015ish? Did Stern send out new decals to everyone?

Not sure. I imagine they must've sent out some sets of decals. I posed that question to this forum before I found and purchased the NOS set of decals. I was hoping an owner had been sent a warranty set and would maybe sell them. I would also guess that they changed decal sources and fixed it at some point in the runs, since a couple folks have chimed in with no issues.

#1613 1 year ago

Yes the KISS machines are well known for wrinkled decals. Especially on the Pros. But I haven't heard much about LE machines. There were alot of issues with the head decals curling up their edges. Not just KISS but other titles as well. I know by the time they built the KISS Premiums they had attempted to address the issue with more (or maybe a different type) adhesive. After all these years my Premium has only minor wrinkling around the bolts. Its unfortunate for sure. Obviously the routed Pros probably look the worse with dirty, oily fingers adding to the wrinkle issue. Maybe someone will offer aftermarket ones someday.

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone in/near Florida looking to off load an Prem/LE in killer condition!?

Bump....

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes the KISS machines are well known for wrinkled decals. Especially on the Pros. But I haven't heard much about LE machines. There were alot of issues with the head decals curling up their edges. Not just KISS but other titles as well. I know by the time they built the KISS Premiums they had attempted to address the issue with more (or maybe a different type) adhesive. After all these years my Premium has only minor wrinkling around the bolts. Its unfortunate for sure. Obviously the routed Pros probably look the worse with dirty, oily fingers adding to the wrinkle issue. Maybe someone will offer aftermarket ones someday.

Not heard of LE's having any wrinkling as they have the foil decals.

One of the reasons I upgraded from pro to LE.

1 week later
#1616 1 year ago

Eight more and I am out

IMG_4444 (resized).JPGIMG_4444 (resized).JPG
#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Eight more and I am out
[quoted image]

Still on of my favorite mods! Didn’t even realize my plastic was broken until I installed this.

#1618 1 year ago

I know it’s crazy to state this on an owners thread, but anybody near the Indiana/ Kentucky area looking to sell their Kiss Pro? I have a super nice Deadpool Pro with Stern topper and art blades, along with the Stern added figures along with other goodies for trade as well if interested.

#1619 1 year ago

Considering selling my KISS prem. Has the typical decal wrinkling around the studs on the side, but over all in really great shape. Only mods it has are plastic protectors, cliffy's, speaker lights and the KISS acrylics, and the Trooper flames. What's a good asking price these days?

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone in/near Florida looking to off load an Prem/LE in killer condition!?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152302

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Considering selling my KISS prem. Has the typical decal wrinkling around the studs on the side, but over all in really great shape. Only mods it has are plastic protectors, cliffy's, speaker lights and the KISS acrylics, and the Trooper flames. What's a good asking price these days?

Good for who? Indypin

#1622 1 year ago

Good for who? Indypin

I’m just not sure what a reasonable asking price is on one right now. Kiss always seems to have a solid draw, just not sure where to start. I just need to make some room, and I’m starting to think kiss is the one I can part with.

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I’m starting to think kiss is the one I can part with.

Don't do it!

#1624 1 year ago

Double don’t do it!
I have 6 pinnies in my modest collection and my Kiss Le is categorically the only one I will never sell

#1625 1 year ago

My GI lamp sockets under the lower slings are starting to get flaky and starting to flicker. Has anyone replaced any of these? I can't find a part number in the manual. Thanks

#1626 1 year ago

Hey Kiss Army..
My back box LEDs are flickering on my LE.
I'm assuming its the LED drive chip AP8801SG-13

Anyone had this issue?

If it is the above, is it easy to replace... i know the part is readily available most electronics places.
Unsure if I should attempt to replace myself.
Any help appreciated

#1627 1 year ago

Can a Kiss LE owner please tell me where to change the rt and lft flipper power. I did change my music with an sd card from another owner but I don't know if that would affect my feature adjustments. Any help appreciated!

#1628 1 year ago

Got my tickets for the Indy show in November. I splurged (for me) and got the VIP sound check passes too.

#1629 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not heard of LE's having any wrinkling as they have the foil decals.
One of the reasons I upgraded from pro to LE.

Yeah, my German LE has a perfect cab

#1630 1 year ago

Has anyone removed the large mylar in the center area? Mine was pretty lifted at one edge and I trimmed that area. There are 2 other areas that are bubbling in the center. I tried the freeze method with zero progress. I haven't ever removed mylar from a game so new, though and I don't wanna mess anything up.

#1631 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hey Kiss Army..
My back box LEDs are flickering on my LE.
I'm assuming its the LED drive chip AP8801SG-13
Anyone had this issue?
If it is the above, is it easy to replace... i know the part is readily available most electronics places.
Unsure if I should attempt to replace myself.
Any help appreciated

Not sure on that, but i put a back box panel from Flipper Fidelity in mine and it fades in and out. Makes it look like the corner fireworks are going off.

#1632 1 year ago

I’m debating selling or trading my Godzilla LE for a Kiss LE. I just haven’t connected with the theme, although it is a fun game. I seem to gravitate more toward music pins in general. If anyone on the West Coast has a Kiss LE they’d be interested in trading for Godzilla LE, shoot me a PM. Otherwise, I’ll list Zilla for sale and start my Kiss search

#1633 1 year ago

I wised up from my decision to sell. Just bought some lighting flippers, fresh coil stops, and demon optos (current are not registering). Going to embrace a more masochistic level of play.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I wised up from my decision to sell. Just bought some lighting flippers, fresh coil stops, and demon optos (current are not registering). Going to embrace a more masochistic level of play.

You can probably fix your Demon opto yourself. Mine had both wires not making good connection. Trimmed and resoldered and all good. Seems the left side opto is the most common culprit.

#1635 1 year ago

You can probably fix your Demon opto yourself. Mine had both wires not making good connection. Trimmed and resoldered and all good. Seems the left side opto is the most common culprit.

I looked for loose connections and everything seemed good. Figured for $20 I’d replace them.

#1636 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Damn. Lightning flippers on this machine? You must be a very good player.

#1637 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Damn. Lightning flippers on this machine? You must be a very good player.

Not really...Just interested in creating a device of pure torture

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Haha. Yeah. I find the one Edenecho has at our location/club to be brutal enough. Very steep, no ballsave (except demon lock shots ofc), no outlane posts..

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I would love to buy some lightning length flippers, but without the Williams and lightning logos on there. Just blank like Stern bats. Doesn't look right putting Williams bats on a Stern to my eyes.

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Haha. Yeah. I find the one Edenecho has at our location/club to be brutal enough. Very steep, no ballsave (except demon lock shots ofc), no outlane posts..

I've always had mine steep, with short ball save, and open lanes. Thinking I'll add the lightning flippers and make the slings more sensitive bahahahahah

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've always had mine steep, with short ball save, and open lanes. Thinking I'll add the lightning flippers and make the slings more sensitive bahahahahah

Still would be my favourite game in a tournament.

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Still would be my favourite game in a tournament.

Definitely a great tournament game. I loaned mine to a friend for a tournament once. I had the ball saves on the MBs turned as low as they would go and everything set to f&*$ you. A local guy still put up over 600 mill. KISS is definitely a one ball game with the PF multipliers.

#1643 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Definitely a great tournament game. I loaned mine to a friend for a tournament once. I had the ball saves on the MBs turned as low as they would go and everything set to f&*$ you. A local guy still put up over 600 mill. KISS is definitely a one ball game with the PF multipliers.

Hell yes. Nothing like finishing rock and roll all nite, starting a second song and then blow it up during multiball.

#1644 1 year ago

I'm still trying to get to a 5x Kiss Army or Detroit Rock City MB....maybe someday!

#1645 1 year ago

Ive only been in 3x I think four times.

And Heavens on fire once.

#1646 1 year ago

Can confirm the lightning flippers are a ton of fun! Brutal of course but definitely kept things spicy. New flippers, coil stops and sleeves. Plays great! This was the 4th or 5th game, so still very playable.

126A3547-19CF-4062-AC65-97586CFAAD48 (resized).jpeg126A3547-19CF-4062-AC65-97586CFAAD48 (resized).jpeg
#1647 1 year ago

Ace in his place!

Ace KISS (resized).jpgAce KISS (resized).jpg
#1648 1 year ago

If anyone cares to get one, here is where I bought it - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZHTBDDP
It does require a certain amount of modding... boots need to be cut out in the back for clearance over the plastic ramp sides & every articulated joint needs to be unarticulated with super glue, and the guitar needs to be glued to Ace's hand.

#1649 1 year ago

COLORDMD KISS COLOR ROM UPDATE

We have released a 4.1 update to the color ROM for KISS pinball machines. The update corrects a bug that caused lower intensity dots to appear brighter than intended.

The update improves the visibility of the active player score during multiplayer games, and improves contrast between intensity levels for all game animations.
Thanks to Erik Thoren at the District 82 Pinball Arcade for reporting the issue! The update is now available on our firmware SUPPORT page.

KISS_2x1 (resized).pngKISS_2x1 (resized).png
#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD KISS COLOR ROM UPDATE
We have released a 4.1 update to the color ROM for KISS pinball machines. The update corrects a bug that caused lower intensity dots to appear brighter than intended.
The update improves the visibility of the active player score during multiplayer games, and improves contrast between intensity levels for all game animations.
Thanks to Erik Thoren at the District 82 Pinball Arcade for reporting the issue! The update is now available on our firmware SUPPORT page.
[quoted image]

Does this fix an issue with a possibly uncolored frame in love gun mb start? I only was able to see it for a half a second, but I started multiball, looked up saw the screen was all red and then went to color the next frame. It only happened once, so I've been trying to find it again to give a more detailed report.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/33?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.