IMG_6440 (resized).jpg
IMG_1382.gif
kiss (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (resized).png
IMG_1329 (resized).png
IMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
Salute.jpg
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 39.
#1551 2 years ago

We just bought LED for Apollo 13 last month. It looks great, so just made the purchase for LED for Kiss earlier today.

#1552 2 years ago

The LCD on Dots XL works perfect for me.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The LCD on Dots XL works perfect for me.

Yeah same here. I have five other games with colorDMDs LCDs. I prefer some on DotsXL and others on HiRes (aka cartoon mode). LCD all the way for me.

Also described in another thread; https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led#post-3415037

Quoted from Dmod:

Pros/Cons:
LED: 128x32 discrete RGB LEDs. Small form factor. Brighter and more vivid colors. Fixed smaller size dots - can't take advantage of smoothing or other rendering modes. Susceptible to ghosting artifacts due to undesirable capacitive effects.
LCD: 1920x1080 backlit LCD screen (only a portion of the screen is used). Original proven design sold since early 2012. Pixels are used to draw dots. Six rendering modes (DOTS, DOTXL, TILE, 8BIT, SCAN, and HIRES). Large dots and smoothing modes minimize black space making text easier to read. Smoothing modes are popular for cartoon-like animation.

#1554 2 years ago

Help needed…posted this in the Color DMD thread but maybe you guys know something that may help….

Installed the color LCD. Triple checked all connections and looks right. Power on and the game boots…nothing on the display. Press the menu button to set it to Spike. Save and exit….figured display should come up but nothing. Power cycle the game and still no display. Press the menu button on the display and the menu comes up. Loaded the firmware and shows it’s loaded on the menu but still nothing on the display from the game…..what am I missing? Any ideas?

#1557 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Help needed…posted this in the Color DMD thread but maybe you guys know something that may help….
Installed the color LCD. Triple checked all connections and looks right. Power on and the game boots…nothing on the display. Press the menu button to set it to Spike. Save and exit….figured display should come up but nothing. Power cycle the game and still no display. Press the menu button on the display and the menu comes up. Loaded the firmware and shows it’s loaded on the menu but still nothing on the display from the game…..what am I missing? Any ideas?

Is your coin door open?

#1558 2 years ago

Trying hires first.

Dots better?
IMG_9400 (resized).jpegIMG_9400 (resized).jpegIMG_9402 (resized).jpegIMG_9402 (resized).jpeg

IMG_9398 (resized).jpegIMG_9398 (resized).jpeg
#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Trying hires first.
Dots better?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah dots would look better IMO. Very few games I think the scaling looks good. Simpson's pinball party...fine it fits the game. But for KISS I'll take the dots. I ended up ordering the LED.

#1560 2 years ago

The hires for some reason cut out portions of letters in attract mode. So I went XL dots, tiles weren't bad either

#1561 2 years ago

Is the code up? I don't see it. I sound like a broken record.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Is the code up? I don't see it. I sound like a broken record.

Yes. If you don’t see it, try clearing your browser cache.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Yes. If you don’t see it, try clearing your browser cache.

Bingo! Thanks

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If you're getting menu it seems to be functioning. No signal from game though. Only thing it appears is the ribbon cable in proper position or not. Beyond that get a hold of Randy at color dmd. Worst case it may need repair or warranty if still new. Used correct ROM image? Chroma vs early ROM?

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

If you're getting menu it seems to be functioning. No signal from game though. Only thing it appears is the ribbon cable in proper position or not. Beyond that get a hold of Randy at color dmd. Worst case it may need repair or warranty if still new. Used correct ROM image? Chroma vs early ROM?

Just got done with some more trouble shooting…gonna get a new ribbon cable. Will post all the details on the color DMD thread….I know Randy sees these and helps where he can! Will also report here later once all is resolved.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Just got done with some more trouble shooting…gonna get a new ribbon cable. Will post all the details on the color DMD thread….I know Randy sees these and helps where he can! Will also report here later once all is resolved.

I think your METLE has the same DMD ribbon cable to swap with between the games?

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I think your METLE has the same DMD ribbon cable to swap with between the games?

On my Metallica the display connector on the SAM board has hot glue from the factory. I know I could get it off but just gonna wait for the new cable.

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

From the factory it has hot glue on the connector. I know I could get it off but just gonna wait for the new cable.

Check!

#1569 2 years ago

Just installed my LED colour display in Kiss
And absolutely love it, thx so much to colordmd
Best mod ever and now Kiss looks complete

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Just wanted to follow up and give a BIG thanks to Randy at Color DMD…I just want to echo what many have said before but they are one of the few companies that stand behind their product and provide excellent customer service.

As far as the problem we are not sure what caused it. The ribbon cable is good and not the issue. Randy had me go through a series of steps and determined the problem was on the board for the display. New board is installed and it works perfect!

The color animations look awesome!!!
Time to Rock n Roll all nite…..

#1571 2 years ago

Hello everyone, I am very excited about the colorDMD release for KISS. Does anyone know of video showing the differences between the LED vs LCD for KISS? Or just simply video of the colorDMD installed on KISS? (Other than the promo video on the colorDMD site) Thanks!

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from Azgym:

Hello everyone, I am very excited about the colorDMD release for KISS. Does anyone know of video showing the differences between the LED vs LCD for KISS? Or just simply video of the colorDMD installed on KISS? (Other than the promo video on the colorDMD site) Thanks!

I'm also interesed in a comparison between LCD vs LED for Kiss! Still couldn't make up my mind on which one to pick!

#1573 2 years ago

General consensus is LCD. There are more display options. The LED is Really bright with more space between each dot. I was on the fence as well but glad I went with the LCD. Its really just a matter of preference. No right or wrong decision. There's a few videos on YouTube. This thread helped me make my choice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from dukecaxias:

I'm also interesed in a comparison between LCD vs LED for Kiss! Still couldn't make up my mind on which one to pick!

I will always go LCD because of the choices. The only thing LED has that's better is it sits flush just like the stock DMD.

#1575 2 years ago

I just got a Pro with 1.41 installed. Got the ColorDMD installed - wow! It’s amazing!

I’ve been trying to understand scoring etc.. with the glass off.
Question about the scoop. It only has one switch and it kicks the ball out when it goes in. So the switch works (it works in test mode too)
But I never get the lit award. Backstage stays lit as well as Extra ball.
I’m doing something wrong or not doing something right
Thanks for a “scoop tutorial”

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I will always go LCD because of the choices. The only thing LED has that's better is it sits flush just like the stock DMD.

I bought LED for KISS since I have LED in my MET and some day they'll sit side by side. Right now, KISS is still wrapped up in storage.

LED takes a little getting used to if you've had LCD before. The dots are MUCH smaller, but the color vibrancy/purity is so much better and black is truly black. The form factor makes it look stock. One drawback is the brightness. They're so bright I needed to put a ND (Neutral Density - looks like window tint) lighting gel in front of it to tone it down a bit. I do wish there was a brightness setting.

I have LCD in all my other games, and run nothing but DotsXL on them. Don't like any of the other options on the LCD.

Definitely personal preference but I think most people would prefer LCD.

#1577 2 years ago

Looking for a pre or LE. Let me know if you may be interested in selling or trading. Thank you.

1 week later
#1578 1 year ago

Here's a link to a video on how to blow up Kiss Babee! Amazing tutorial from the best player in the world ( IMO) You wanted the Best you got the best..... The hottest player in the world
Eric Stooooooooooone
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1466970780

Tune in Tuesday nights on Twitch to see other mind blowing games, wizard mode completions and grand champion scores! Bat cave pinball

IMG_0939 (resized).JPGIMG_0939 (resized).JPG
#1579 1 year ago

That was entertaining!

Going for huge supers in Kiss Army is epic - pinball doesn't get much better.

Often wondered how big a single super could get with everything set up perfect?

Maybe over 20 billion?

I am happy with my 1.2 billion super but would love to know how big is the maximum!

#1580 1 year ago

Damn amazing! 8 billion on a single shot. Funny that beating Rock City only awarded 200 mil.

2 weeks later
#1581 1 year ago

Hello Everyone, I am looking for a little help and advise. I am a novice at pinball repair and wanted to reach out with a problem I am having. All of a sudden, after replacing some flipper components (coil stops, plunger assemblies, coil sleeves) not the actual coils, I am continually blowing the fuse on the Node 1 board. I don't really believe in coincidences so any help with a starting point to diagnose the problem would be greatly appreciated!

3 months later
#1582 1 year ago

Does any KISS owner wanna sell a Catman shooter knob? I figure someone one who bought the 4 piece shooter knob collection might wanna part with one. Thanks.

1 month later
#1583 1 year ago

Anyone in/near Florida looking to off load an Prem/LE in killer condition!?

#1584 1 year ago

What's the going rate on a topper currently?

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

What's the going rate on a topper currently?

With attempted humour…

‘If you have to ask…’

Probably $2-3,000 USD, and that’s a guess, others may have better actual buying experience. I remember a few for sale when I started hanging out on Pinside 3-4 years ago. I was immediately priced out when I looked for my Kiss Premium 3 years ago, but I don’t think I’ve seen a separate topper come up in a while. It’s apparently THE best add-on to a pin, until Lior arrived with his art.

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

With attempted humour…
‘If you have to ask…’
Probably $2-3,000 USD, and that’s a guess, others may have better actual buying experience. I remember a few for sale when I started hanging out on Pinside 3-4 years ago. I was immediately priced out when I looked for my Kiss Premium 3 years ago, but I don’t think I’ve seen a separate topper come up in a while. It’s apparently THE best add-on to a pin, until Lior arrived with his art.

Looking to sell not buy, just wondered what to list it for, thought it was probably around the $3k range but wasn't sure as couldn't find anything too recent

#1587 1 year ago

Did anyone with a KISS Pro, receive a new set of decals from Stern via warranty and perhaps wanna sell them? I really only NEED the right hand side of the cabinet, but would buy a whole set.

Thanks for any help/leads.

RC

#1588 1 year ago

If anyone wants to add a custom aluminum edition plate number to their Kiss Pro or Premium, I can make you a custom one. Most people like to use the last four digits of their game's serial number. Can be customized for any game or for a dedication, etc. $20US plus $6 shipping in the US, or order two plates and free shipping. Size is 1.5 inches x 5 inches. Cheers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07420-kiss-custom-edition-numbered-plate-

Kiss plate (resized).jpgKiss plate (resized).jpgMET (resized).JPGMET (resized).JPG

#1589 1 year ago

Do you have an actual pic of the KISS plate and not a graphic? Thanks!

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Do you have an actual pic of the KISS plate and not a graphic? Thanks!

Not yet, but once the next order is made, I can post one. I am flexible on graphics to include, if you want to change up the two logos. I thought the Kiss Army logo might look cool as well. Thanks.

#1591 1 year ago

I made this apron card to put on the right side instead of a pricing card. Just print on yellow cardstock.

FinalKissCard (resized).jpgFinalKissCard (resized).jpg
#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Looking to sell not buy, just wondered what to list it for, thought it was probably around the $3k range but wasn't sure as couldn't find anything too recent

im sure it would bring 3k pretty easily, best topper ever made

2 weeks later
#1593 1 year ago

Found a cool KISS topper alternative for those still looking. Could be a nice starter piece for some serious customization. Even has a sound sensor. Needs to be brighter though.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1322175072/kiss-light-box-version-5-with-led?click_key=c41cd8231b06271f9042bb5f7045d9a7a17bf26e%3A1322175072&click_sum=d0653f18&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=kiss+logo+light&ref=sr_gallery-1-9&organic_search_click=1&pro=1&sts=1

il_794xN.4347977961_2txz (resized).jpgil_794xN.4347977961_2txz (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1594 1 year ago

For those interested in the custom edition plates for the Pro/Premium, here is an example of one I did for a fellow Pinsider. You can order on the link below if interested. Comes in silver or gold lettering. Can be customized to anything you want. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1448-pin-music-plus/07420-kiss-custom-edition-numbered-plate-

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For those interested in the custom edition plates for the Pro/Premium, here is an example of one I did for a fellow Pinsider. You can order on the link below if interested. Comes in silver or gold lettering. Can be customized to anything you want. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Quit pimping your stupid plates nobody gives a shit about. Factory LE’s/CE’s are the only plate that matter. Anybody that wants one can go to their local trophy shop and get one made if they feel the need to put one on a pro/ premium or whatever. Sick and tired of DUMB mods everywhere that do NOTHING. You want to sell a mod make something that changes gameplay. Trinkets on games are just that. Tired of being spammed on this site. Make a marketplace add and if people are interested they will buy it and leave it at that. Not trying to be a dick but you come across as a douche hocking your shit on every club thread. It’s cool to offer something but do it in your thread or add and leave it at that.

1 month later
#1596 1 year ago

Does anyone have any links to videos they'd be willing to share of really well played games of KISS (Pro)-le or KISS (Pro)? If it's an unlisted video and you're willing to, you could just DM it to me and I'll keep it private. I'm specifically looking for ones where the player made it to Rock City Wizard mode, as I'd like to better map out the rules of that mode. I know there are some of the older code on YouTube, but I haven't been able to find much with the latest code. Someone shared the link to Twitch of the 24 billion point game a few months back, but I missed it and it's now long gone.

Thanks!
Skillman

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from skillman:Does anyone have any links to videos they'd be willing to share of really well played games of KISS (Premium/LE) or KISS (Pro)?

Look at post #1578, there is a link to Eric Stone doing everything other than collecting every city combo. You can see where to put the multipliers to have a mega Rock city jackpot. This station is on twitch, Batcave Pinball. a must watch

#1598 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Look at post #1578, there is a link to Eric Stone doing everything other than collecting every city combo. You can see where to put the multipliers to have a mega Rock city jackpot. This station is on twitch, Batcave Pinball. a must watch

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but since that post is from 8 months ago, I think the video has expired off of Twitch - I get an error when I follow the Twitch link.

1 month later
#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone in/near Florida looking to off load an Prem/LE in killer condition!?

Bump

#1600 1 year ago

Hey kiss army, I'm at the home stretch with my kiss pro. Demon entrance opto is getting tripped, so I believe one side is loose. Trying to remove Gene's head and he's getting stuck. I took off the cape plastics then 2 screws in the metal plate. Also the right habitrail. He will slide forward but is getting stuck and I don't wanna break an impossible to get part. Any tips from those who have removed Gene?

20230214_174504 (resized).jpg20230214_174504 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-armyno-regrets/page/32?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.