Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 18.29.50 (resized).png
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg
PXL_20211028_161657488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211028_160903352 (resized).jpg
FB557DE9-8508-4C8B-8375-EDCDCD24A397 (resized).jpeg
D0B094C7-3AC9-4619-A255-18EAE6280876 (resized).jpeg
00 (resized).jpg
7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.
#1501 6 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Just had an amazing game, and specifically ball 1. Finally broke a billion on any pinball machine. We do have the game set easier, playfield multipliers stay lit between balls, extra balls at 3 combos, extra ball instead of replay. But, still this was super thrilling. Almost all of it came from ball one. Only added 200 mill or so on balls 2 or 3. And I'm really not even that good at pinball, relatively speaking. Got a 1.2B super jackpot on kiss army, don't even know what I did.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never tried setting playfield multipliers to carry over ball to ball, but I suspect if I did, billions would be fairly easy. I've made it to colossal bonus lots of times, but never been able to bring in a killer rock city MB to really blow the score up. I think ~550 mill is my best. But carrying the multiplier over ball to ball is a completely different ballgame.

#1502 6 months ago

To be fair to myself I did get to 2 billion on ball one. So on this particular game carrying over wasn't a factor.

#1503 6 months ago

maybe you had an extra ball before ball 2

#1504 6 months ago

I was fully transparent on my settings, and my score that I logged here on pinside indicates settings were on super easy, and no matter what, I'll probably never have a game like that again. I'm usually sub 75 mil for my games.

#1505 6 months ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I was fully transparent on my settings, and my score that I logged here on pinside indicates settings were on super easy, and no matter what, I'll probably never have a game like that again. I'm usually sub 75 mil for my games.

Definitely an awesome score. I ebb and flow on the game from sub 50 mill average, to other times when I'm just really dialed in on it and clear 150 mill every game for a while. Still haven't found that billion point game though. Someday.

#1506 6 months ago

has anyone with a premium or LE had their star child motor go bad? Mine seems to only work going one direction now. Before shelling out $100 for a new motor is there good potential this could be a board related issue? Switches test out fine.

3 weeks later
#1507 5 months ago

Get protected folks! Jus found out these will work on pros too as a decorative piece. I had no idea, but cool!

7676997e0056624a751164352c14a8024c1e428f (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 18.29.50 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1508 4 months ago

Merry Christmas to the KISS army!

#1509 4 months ago

That would be Merry Kissmas!

#1510 4 months ago

My first concert was Kiss at the Philadelphia Spectrum Dec 21 , 1976. This was the first time we heard the term Kissmass Koncert. The show was mind blowing to a 13yr old surrounded by mostly 16-20 yr olds (before all the kiddi's got into them). A friend and I got dropped off and almost died in the crush of a crowd (like the Who concert where 5-6 died) Cops were riding there horses through the super tight crowds and my friend and I's feet were lifted off the ground and we had no control. Then the cops came around the Spectrum and announced they were accepting tickets at the other door. The whole crowd started running around a narrow path to the other door and we luckily were able to stay upright but we felt people under our feet as we ran. Unforgettable concert and experience . We were lucky enough to see them only 1 month later at the same place on the next lp (rock and roll over) tour on Jan 3Oth.
First Pinball machine was Bally Kiss and It ended up starting Lyons Classic Pinball in Colorado. Merry Kissmass everybody!

#1511 4 months ago
20211226_180610 (resized).jpg20211226_180626 (resized).jpg
#1512 4 months ago

And to think that I'd still have my Kiss LE if Stern didn't release a thin-coded turd and ignore the code for years. Oh well.

I'd love to have it back in my collection with the current code...

#1513 4 months ago

Wondering where Kiss Army MB, lies in the all time great modes?

After 4 years of trying, pulled off a 1.9billion Super Jackpot.

What. A. Rush.

Afterwards realised it could have been at least 5x bigger, as only had 3x going, hadn't doubled the center, didn't double the actual super etc.

How big is a perfect KA SJ I wonder?

20 billion?

#1514 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

That might even be a touch low.
Terry.

Yeah, my buddy in Vegas has finally decided to have me list his for $15k with the topper and a bunch of upgrades (shaker, mirror blades, cliffies, etc). I still can't believe they're selling for this, but the Topper seems to be a strong salemaker bullet point.

1 week later
#1515 4 months ago

What is a huo Kiss pro with the topper worth now?

#1516 4 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

What is a huo Kiss pro with the topper worth now?

Just the topper is $2.5k-$3k (hard to keep track, toppers move fast), so probably at LEAST $9.5k if HUO in good shape. I see that one JUST went in the market for $8795 with the topper, though...

But I strongly recommend a Prem for KISS. If you're interested, try to get at least a Prem.

Crazy looking at how prices have gone nuts in the pandemic. You could get a KISS Pro (no topper) for $4k pre-pandemic.

#1517 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just the topper is $2.5k-$3k (hard to keep track, toppers move fast), so probably at LEAST $9.5k if HUO in good shape. I see that one JUST went in the market for $8795 with the topper, though...
But I strongly recommend a Prem for KISS. If you're interested, try to get at least a Prem.
Crazy looking at how prices have gone nuts in the pandemic. You could get a KISS Pro (no topper) for $4k pre-pandemic.

I have a Kiss pro now. Thinking about moving something for something new.
I can't believe how much they are going for!!!
Thanks for the info.

#1518 4 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

I have a Kiss pro now. Thinking about moving something for something new.
I can't believe how much they are going for!!!
Thanks for the info.

You could get enough for a KISS Pro with the topper to put you within a few bucks of a NIB Stern Premium, maybe with the art blades and shaker. It'd be a good trade up, but you'd probably have to wait for the premium to come off the line. Long lead times.

#1519 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could get enough for a KISS Pro with the topper to put you within a few bucks of a NIB Stern Premium, maybe with the art blades and shaker. It'd be a good trade up, but you'd probably have to wait for the premium to come off the line. Long lead times.

Now you got me thinking!! I'll have to wait and see how Rush turns out.

#1520 4 months ago

Hey Guys , Can anyone help me with an SD card of Pinball Browser changed Kiss songs. I am looking for any change to real Kiss songs (original recordings or live) . I will gladly pay you for your time and materials(card) or if I have anything you might need Kiss or pinball wise.
I love the game but I love real Kiss songs and it grates on me to hear the re-recordings without Ace and Peter. Help!

#1521 4 months ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Hey Guys , Can anyone help me with an SD card of Pinball Browser changed Kiss songs. I am looking for any change to real Kiss songs (original recordings or live) . I will gladly pay you for your time and materials(card) or if I have anything you might need Kiss or pinball wise.
I love the game but I love real Kiss songs and it grates on me to hear the re-recordings without Ace and Peter. Help!

My game is an LE.

#1522 4 months ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I have file for prem/LE on my hard drive. Changed up a few songs. If you want info lmk.

1 week later
#1523 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Lyman fixed the rules and made them fun.

Thank you Lyman for tweaking KISS rules - no wonder it's so damn good

You will be missed.

#1524 3 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thank you Lyman for tweaking KISS rules - no wonder it's so damn good
You will be missed.

Had no idea he fixed the disastrous KISS code. I thought Zach Sharpe did. They always say God has a plan but sometimes I just don't understand why things like this happen to such good people.

1 month later
#1525 78 days ago

Does anyone know where to find a replacement rubber disc for the spinner in Gene's head? Or know what to do to stop it from coming off on the balls? My game is starting to have little black dots on the balls and the rubber disc seems to be the culprit .

#1526 78 days ago

Many have covered it with some 3M adhesive. Same ball throwing effect without the black debris. You might find some useful info here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-vuk-spinning-disc-protection-mod

#1527 77 days ago

Shortly after we got our kiss pro in fall 2020, we were getting pretty serious black gunk. We bought some rock and roll over vinyl stickers off eBay. And then clear coated the stickers just to protect them a bit. No black gunk on since. Great fix.

#1528 77 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Many have covered it with some 3M adhesive. Same ball throwing effect without the black debris. You might find some useful info here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-demon-vuk-spinning-disc-protection-mod

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

4 weeks later
#1529 48 days ago

If anyone wants to customize the music to their Kiss Pro, Premium or LE, send me a PM and we can discuss the details. Can change any existing song that you don't like with another Kiss song or song of your choosing. Also can update the song name at the start of the screen, etc. to be consistent with the song change. Cheers.

#1530 45 days ago
8AF64FD5-2B33-41B1-A284-91D3CD48AF14.jpeg
#1531 45 days ago

Got mine too! Can't wait to install!

#1532 45 days ago

No ColorDMD gasket ordered to take up the giant gap on the angled Spike 1 panels with a colorDMD LCD?

#1533 45 days ago

Holy Demon Fucking Multiball…it finally happened…guess I gotta get mine on order. Can’t wait to check it out!

#1534 45 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No ColorDMD gasket ordered to take up the giant gap on the angled Spike 1 panels with a colorDMD LCD?

772C34C8-75F8-48F3-873C-C2A603BC9601.jpeg
#1535 45 days ago

Just ordered the color dmd any other way to get the gasket?

Super pumped!

#1536 45 days ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Just ordered the color dmd any other way to get the gasket?
Super pumped!

https://shop.colordmd.com/lcd-foam-gasket-stretch-fit/

#1537 45 days ago

I received the email but don't see the code on their site yet. Am I missing something?

#1538 45 days ago
Quoted from Foo:

I received the email but don't see the code on their site yet. Am I missing something?

You'll still need to wait a few more days for the code.

#1540 45 days ago

Is there a difference in the LCD or LED version other than the smooth LCD vs. pixelated LED look? Are both available for KISS from what I see on the ColorDMD site?

#1541 45 days ago

It’s a personal preference if you want the LCD or the LED. I have the LCD in Metallica and it looks great. The LCD has more options on the look of the animations….Dots/smooth. The LED does not have as many options. There are a couple posts discussing it so really it’s up to you.

I think I am just gonna get the LCD.

#1542 45 days ago

Toady must be Kiss day or something…I do have Sirius radio but on my way to work I heard Deuce. While at work on regular radio Rock n Roll all night came on. Then on my way home heard Shout it out Loud and Heavens on Fire….4 Kiss songs in one day on the radio never happens.

#1543 45 days ago

Another alternative if you have a 3d printer, I made this spacer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4738004

#1544 44 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

Another alternative if you have a 3d printer, I made this spacer.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4738004

That'll block a lot of the light, but the dust will still get in and build up the display plexi (which I *hate*).

#1545 44 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That'll block a lot of the light, but the dust will still get in and build up the display plexi (which I *hate*).

It's a tight, flush fit so should keep most out. I have this one installed for 2 years and haven't noticed any dust. But now that you put it in my head, I probably will obsess about it now and see every spec. Damn you! haha

#1546 44 days ago
Quoted from RobF:

It's a tight, flush fit so should keep most out. I have this one installed for 2 years and haven't noticed any dust. But now that you put it in my head, I probably will obsess about it now and see every spec. Damn you! haha

Pull the display and run your finger on the back of the plexi. Pretty sure you'll find dust. It also depends on how dusty your environment is overall, though. But in 2 years? There has to be some dust.

#1547 44 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Toady must be Kiss day or something…I do have Sirius radio but on my way to work I heard Deuce. While at work on regular radio Rock n Roll all night came on. Then on my way home heard Shout it out Loud and Heavens on Fire….4 Kiss songs in one day on the radio never happens.

So my wife and I go to run a couple errands….start the car and Shock Me is on the radio. Finish our first stop and start the car and Heavens on Fire is on….definitely a sign. Order for Color DMD has been placed.

#1548 41 days ago

COLORDMD PREVIEW FOR KISS PINBALL MACHINES!

KISS is the 119th game to be supported on the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform. The color ROM for KISS is targeted for release on April 6, 2022!
ColorDMD also celebrates our 10th anniversary from the release of Attack From Mars on April 6, 2012!

#1549 40 days ago

So what's everyone's thoughts on LED or LCD for KISS? I'm thinking for KISS, I won't want the scaling. So leaning LED.

#1550 40 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

So what's everyone's thoughts on LED or LCD for KISS? I'm thinking for KISS, I won't want the scaling. So leaning LED.

I asked myself the same thing….love the LCD in Metallica so went with LCD. I can always get an LED later if I decide that would be better. I can put the LCD in another game or easily sell it. Mine just arrived today…will be installing tonight!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 6.00
$ 11.95
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!